24 Hour race?! Let's discuss please XD

• Thread starter AE86Driver
  • 633 comments
Radicool02
Three words for you buddy; Driving Force Pro;)

Hehe I think after 24 hours my arms would drop off! Even though I'm used to driving a car that could really do with power steering...

Was close to buying a DFP, but already own a DF (and a crappy V3 wheel) & figured I should probably wait for one with a clutch (& maybe 'H' style gears).

First break guys! Sorry,it SHOULD have been at 5:00 instead of right now (6:00). But to be honest with you,I really did start at 3:00,but then 15 minutes into it,I forgot to write down the name of the cars that were participating,so I could tell you guys,so when I figured,"Okay..I'm set!",I had begun once more,only to go to the 3rd lap and realize..."Wait...I was supposed to pit on the 2nd lap!" and so,when I FINALLY pit in on the 3rd lap,when the pit crew was changing my tyres,I was like,"Hurry up! Hurry up!" and pushed my X button along with something else and the guy quit putting gas in my car -.-'...so I didn't even have like an 1/8 of gasoline to race on =P. Soooooo...I had to restart once more,which at that time,it had already got to 4:00,so now..it's been 2 hours,and here's the results so far -

Breaks - 1
cds - 3
drinks - 1

Fastest Lap so far - 7'22.349
Pits - 8 (this number is a little off than what it SHOULD be,because I accidently went an extra lap than what I should have AGAIN,trying to break my lap record,which..I didn't anyways,but from now on,I'll try to keep it to 2 laps every pit)

Opponents:
Apex MR-S '00 - Usually pits every 6 laps
190 E Evo II (but when it pits in,it reads AMG E and it's a Benz o.O) - Usually pits every 7 laps
'94 OPEL (this car is yellow and white) - Usually pits every 6 laps
* (<-- it has a star in front of) GT-R '04 (Turqouise and blue car) - Usually pits every 5 laps
C-West (JGTC) '01 (Silver car) - Usually pits in every 6 to 7 laps,changes every now and then (what's this guy's problem anyways? He started out really good,but I've lapped him already and he's gets stuck on a spot on the map every now and then? On lap 10,a blue dot was stuck on the map (I'm assuming it was the guy in last,which was C-West) did he run out of gas or something? It was weird @_@)

well,anyways..that's all for now,but I'll keep you informed guys ^.^! *goes back to racing*

AE86Driver

~Ja ne~

Lap # right now - 17,about to be 18 when I unpause it

He must have got caught up in the race. Well when you do check in do tell us how many A-spec points the race is worth.

Edit: Whoops, your reply wasn't there when I clicked to do my post AE86. Keep going we are all cheering for ya!

T5-R
I should probably wait for one with a clutch (& maybe 'H' style gears).
I don't see H gate gears appearing on a PS2 or PS3 or any console, what happens if the car your in has more gears than the gate has? Your buggered, who'd have though thered be a car in GT4 with 8 gears, what if you want to use that wheel for a future truck racing game and suddenly you may need 9 or 10 possibly more.

i can´t really say anything than, Go for it! i hope you´ll keep up the good racing and won´t fall asleep behind the steering wheel :)

You say all your opponents pit like every 6 to 7 laps, but you pit every 2 laps. How the hell are you gonna win the race this way? Do you have a super turbo fast pit crew or something?

Anyways, keep it up

rrul
You say all your opponents pit like every 6 to 7 laps, but you pit every 2 laps. How the hell are you gonna win the race this way? Do you have a super turbo fast pit crew or something?

Anyways, keep it up

I don't know how long pitting takes, but it would be my guess he is running alot faster (minute/s?) considering he already lapped someone.

rrul

Anyways, keep it up

You know how bad the AI is in GT3/GT4 :D

The Wizard.

AE86Driver here! *the sound of tyres screeching in the background,followed by a "woof!" sound of turbo could be heard as I screamed down the narrow roads of Nurb going over 250+ km/h* well! I'll answer that question for ya! The solution is,you get at LEAST a 25 second lead from the guy in 2nd,then pit,so when you get out of the pit,he will be only about 2-3 seconds behind you,but you keep the lead and repeat process,till..he pits in and oh look! You just came out and can run one more lap before you have to pit in ^.^! Right now,it looks as if the R34 star GT-R Skyline wants to play,but I won't let him,hahahaha. I have almost a 4 minute lead on him and he's in 2nd! All I have to do is keep this consistency of outrunning him and pit every two laps. As long as I stay in that rhythm,I'll have this race rather easily. Hahaha,I've already lapped the C-West guy again :lol:. By the way,I finally lapped that AMG (or is it AMC?) E 2.5 Benz,and it DOES look like an Evo o.O! Why is that? Did they ever make a car that looked like an Evo that was a "race car"? Hmmm..weird..well,anyways..hahaha,you must doubt the power of my "R" rrul and my pit crew :P. Nah,I just have a good enough lead on my opponents that I could just park my car right now and talk to you guys for about 3 minutes,then go back to racing :lol:! Of course I'm not gonna do that,cause I wanna keep that lead,hahaha. Well,anyways..here are the results as of now -

Fastest Lap so far: 7'20.535
Breaks: 2
CDs: 6
Drinks: 2
Slim Jims: 12 (:lol: I enjoyed my last break,hahaha)

Pits: 14

Current lap #: 32,about to be 33 when I unpause and pull out of pit
Current Time: 4:01:08.950

AE86Driver

~Ja ne~

P.S. By the way,this is a 7 A-Spec point race,but they sure didn't seem like it was to begin with o.o...but now it does,hahaha

P.P.S. Also,I have a favor everybody! Well..or..whoever :lol:. Since I am going to be busy racing for like..EVER,could someone please send me a private message later..telling me the results of the Johannson VS Agassi match from the Aussie Open? I'm gonna miss out on that match,but I'd like to know who won and advanced XD! I'd appreciate it 👍

After racing for 24 hours, I hope I don't get sick of the game afterwards...

SimRaceDriver
As mentioned by Touring Mars, I'd be interested in meeting up w/some other drivers in my neck of the woods (Northern California, Silicon Valley Area) to complete one or all of the 24 hour races once the game is released here in the U.S.

I live in the south bay, but I'll probably do it first with a friend. Maybe I'll be down for a second round of racing :drool:

TheWizard
You know how bad the AI is in GT3/GT4 :D

The Wizard.

I don't have gt4 yet but gt3 ai wasn't too strong, but c'mon the difference between pitting every 6 or 7 laps or every 2 laps is way big. Only explanation could be that the focus is purely on enduro without any serious competition whatsoever. That the opponents cars just drive along for the form of it.

I was only joking around, hence the ":D" at the end of my statement. I don't have GT4 either, yet. But reading around these threads in this forum, all I came across were people complaining about how bad the AI is and how it didn't improve much since GT3.
It might have to do also with the fact that he has taken a more powerful/tuned car into the competition (AE86Driver did say after all that he only got offered 7 A-Spec points). Plus, it is also a 7 minutes (approximately) lap, so there is plenty of time/occasions for the errors and inability of the AI to get multiplied and therefore adding to 20+ seconds every 2 laps, allowing him to pit that often.

I am not saying I won't enjoy GT4 once I will finally be able to play it, just because the AI is not good enough (I am still playing/enjoying GT3, whose AI is way worse than GT4)... but I will make the game more challenging to myself by entering low powered cars into the competition, to compensate for the lack of skills of the AI. There are plenty of ways to enjoy playing a game... Plus, if you/I/anybody wants some real competition, I am sure we will have a WRS for GT4 as well (I strongly hope :sly: )

The Wizard.

"I am not saying I won't enjoy GT4 once I will finally be able to play it, just because the AI is not good enough (I am still playing/enjoying GT3, whose AI is way worse than GT4)... but I will make the game more challenging to myself by entering low powered cars into the competition, to compensate for the lack of skills of the AI. There are plenty of ways to enjoy playing a game... Plus, if you/I/anybody wants some real competition, I am sure we will have a WRS for GT4 as well (I strongly hope )"

Me too 👍

btw whats a wrs? some online competition?

break number 3 everybody! Sorry for not posting earlier,when I should have. My grandmother got on the computer during my break :lol:. Well,anyways..I'm almost 6 minutes ahead of the R34. I don't know exactly if I'll be able to lap the guy in 2nd (R34),buuuut..I'm definitely gonna try :P. Hmmm..here are the results now everybody!

Breaks - 3
CDs - 8
Drinks - 3 (for now...this may have to go up in a moment... -.-)

Fastest Lap so far: 7'17.757
Fastest Pit Crew time: from 7'22.729 to the landing of my car at a time of 7'31.762 :sly:. So I'm going to round and say they can give me more gasoline and change my tyres within 9 seconds. But that's if I go in every two laps and my gas meter is 52/80. On lap 39 I went down to about 3 bars before E on my gas meter O.O! I pit on lap 40 and the gas mater read 25/80 :scared:! Whew...that was a close one. I'll be sure not try and go 4 laps straight without pitting next time because of a course record ~_~. I'm beginning to stretch a lot more often during my breaks now and my eyes feel as if they are getting a little heavy. Nothing major yet,my vision is still perfectly fine. But I have a feeling that once it gets to about the time I normally go to bed (at around 2 or 3 in the morning) and I'm still up...THEN we shall see how long I can endure this race from hell :lol:! Well,goin' back to racing now,but I'll be keeping you informed till about 6:00 A.M. Central Time. Wow...that's a long ways away huh...*pouts*

AE86Driver

~Ja ne~

Yeah I just did that last night on GT3... I entered a Skyline GTR R32 (probably Mspec not sure) in the trial mountain endurence and won it. It was quite hard especially because of that damn NSX Type S Zero or something like that but it was great fun. I raced on Slick so that I would pit a bit later than the NSX. At first I would have like a second in front of it but as the race went on the difference got bigger as in any enduro race.

Still the margin was 15sec at the finish line 👍

Sure hope to hear something soon from the guy presently on the Nür :)

good to hear your still at it. I am having a late one myself with GTA SA (don't have GT4 yet). So your grandmother walked in? What does she think of your challenge? Probably thinks you're mental :crazy:

Yeah glad to hear you're doing great dude. Keep it up!
Also, you said you were listening to cds while racing , what type of music do you listen to while driving? I personnaly listen to something that's pretty upbeat like Primus to get me started and to make me wanna go faster during an enduro race. :) Other things like Buckethead and Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brain works fine with me too...

How about you guys?

tseramed
Yeah glad to hear you're doing great dude. Keep it up!
Also, you said you were listening to cds while racing , what type of music do you listen to while driving? I personnaly listen to something that's pretty upbeat like Primus to get me started and to make me wanna go faster during an enduro race. :) Other things like Buckethead and Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brain works fine with me too...

How about you guys?

AE86Driver has posted a list of all music and food etc. what he's using during enduro, it's a few pages back

rrul
btw whats a wrs? some online competition?

WRS stands for Weekly Race Series, and yes, you guessed it correctly, is an online competition. I joined a few days ago, and this week is the first race/challenge I will endure. You can read all about the Series here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=117

Glad to hear you are still going steady, AE86Driver. Keep it up, it will be over before you know it (not really, but I am trying to cheer you up :D) ;)

The Wizard.

so far,all I've been listening to is Eurobeat and I haven't even got to my Initial D soundtracks yet O.O. The first Initial D soundtrack I'll probably listen to,to liven things up a bit will be Fourth Stage :sly:. Well..the results are getting a little sloppy now...I had my first hallucination already..I thought I saw my cat out of the corner of my eye,near one of the legs of my chair that I'm sitting in,but when I looked down,nothing was there :scared:! My eyes have also become a little "smaller" and not viewing everything as wide as they were to begin with..like,I can't FULLY see the sky as I race anymore. Eh..it's looking kind of bad to be honest..and for a few minutes,I began to lose self-confidence whenever I'd look up at the timer. Don't worry though guys,I'm not giving up *shakes his head quickly* nooo way 👎! So..onto better things,here are the results as of now!

Breaks - 4
CDs - 10
Drinks - 4

Fastest Lap so far: still 7'17.757 (Hoping to beat this when I put in Initial D,because my heart will begin beating faster and I'll get crazy :lol:! I just get like that when I hear Initial D while racing :P)

Pits: 29,still pitting in every 2 laps,but I have pit in on a 3rd or extra lap twice,so the numbers are uneven

On the next break it will be a total of TEN hours of racing. I just gotta hold out a bit longer...the only thoughts that are keeping me going now (since yes,I believe I have passed my mental capabalities already for doing this..since it's soooo boring,but fun every now and then...but now..mainly boring x_x) is the thoughts of you guys and "The timer HAS to change to 24 sometime..it can't stay below 24 forever..it will get there if I just hold out!"

AE86Driver

~Ja ne~

P.S. By the way,my grandmother doesn't know about the challenge,she just thinks I'm racing something that wouldn't take long at all. If she actually did know what I was doin' though,she'd probably be like,"no no no! You're going to bed! You're not staying up all night!" :lol:. But she's just like that..hahaha...hmmmm..I think it will be might suspicious though when she gets up at like 6:00 or 7:00 in the morning,then FINALLY comes up to the front room where my game is,at around 2:30 or 3:00 P.M. and sees me sitting in the VERY..SAME...SPOT...hahahahaha! Ahhhhh I'm tired -.-'...oh,by the way,I finally lapped the R34 :P. I just FLEW past him on that long straightaway and after I unpause it,he's gonna pass me back while I'm in the pit :lol:,but hey..I DID lap him though! Oh,and er...speaking of lapping,I feel sorry for the C-West guy -.-'..I've already lapped him 6 times :lol: aaaaand it's lap 64 right now,so..gotta go XD! See you in 2 hours :lol:

My hat goes out to ya, you a offically crazy for doing it on your own. Good luck and dont give up. YOU CAN DO IT!!!! and if you dont everyone will still respect you for giving it a shot.

GO HARD OR GO HOME!!!

This is quite a challenge. Luckily, Le Mans 24 Hours prepared me for this.
If I can race Le Mans 24 Hours 2 times, and a 24 hour race mod on Le Mans for Sports Car GT (PC), then this is a piece of cake.

AE86Driver
I had my first hallucination already..I thought I saw my cat out of the corner of my eye,near one of the legs of my chair that I'm sitting in,but when I looked down,nothing was there :scared:! My eyes have also become a little "smaller" and not viewing everything as wide as they were to begin with..like,I can't FULLY see the sky as I race anymore.

Hey man, remember that you can always pause the PS2 and do it in two or more sessions. I mean, it's great and everything that you are trying to do it in one shot, but your health/well being should come before a game and certainly before us ;) I mean, nobody is going to disrespect you/respect you less just because you decide to call it a night and go to bed and resume the race tomorrow (or after some sleep) 👍

It's up to you, though :D I know that if you made up your mind, nothing will change it... So, all I have to say is: "Keep at it, the timer will reach 24 eventually :D"

The Wizard.

I have arrived at the 10th hour...my right hand can't stop shaking. I can't hold it steadily in the air. I have began dozing off every now and then while trying to get to the 10th hour..my eyes are starting to feel a little heavier..and harder to keep open. My throat went dry during lap 76 and I felt like I had to throw up for a moment,but luckily nothing happened. I got me another drink and continued with the race. My heart rate has increased a little bit..instead of,"Thump...thump...thump...thump",it's more like,"Thump..thump,thump...thump thump...thump thump thump",it's beating irregularly at the moment. I don't know what the cause of it is,but..I will continue with the race in ONE sitting as I have scheduled. My ears are also beginning to slightly hurt from the continuous music. Listening to cd after another and because my headphones don't have padding on them,it's just plastic,so it hurts after a while. But anyways,here are the results so far:

Breaks - 5
CDs - 15
Drinks - 5

Pits: 37
2nd place distance from me: +1 lap

Well..it's 4:00 A.M. right now..and I have to last till AT LEAST 4:00 P.M.,but more than likely,it will be an official 24 hours when it reaches about 4:32 P.M. or something like that. But this is starting to suck though,cause I woke up yesterday morning at around 10:00 A.M.,so I will already have been up for 24 hours,staying up even longer just to finish the race. Just because I have stayed up for 24 hours doesn't mean the race has gone for 24 hours. Eh...I believe I should have planned this more thoroughly (excuse that if it's spelt wrong,I'll be honest..I'm tired x_x) but after I do this 24 Hour race in one sitting,I will probably do the other 2 in sections since I had already done one in one sitting,so I wouldn't have to "exactly" worry about doing the other ones like that *sigh* whew...I need more energy..*goes to get a fortune cookie* let's see what lies ahead of me

AE86Driver

~Ja ne~

P.S. My next update will be my last with you guys,then I will go solo and try to build up as much concentration as possible and just try to survive to put it simple. This is starting to get rough,so if I continue taking breaks to talk on here,it may break my concentration. Sorry everyone. But do not worry,just because I will not be keeping you informed after the 12 hour mark doesn't mean I'm just gonna fall asleep :P. I will give you the FULL details when I wake up MUCH MUCH later. But until then..wait for 12 Hour update everyone! I'll keep pushin' :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:!!

:lol: just wanted to let you know,after cracking open the fortune cookie,I got the message saying,"You will be recognized for your Hard Work" :lol:! Now THAT my friends...is one hell of a fortune XD!

AE86Driver

~Ja ne~

Back