240drift versus milefile and red eye racer

  • Thread starter Thread starter tm2003
  • 184 comments
  • 4,965 views
I'm in the process of typing an official thread in the OLR forum,.. sat is fine,... I'll include it in the rules.
 
Wait wait. Are we still doing a grip competition or has this turned into a drift comp?
 
Im not entering the comp. but i just wanna know if you guys think that 1:22.549 is a pretty good time......like i said...im not the best but i dont think im the worst..just wondering your thoughts
 
I think its a good time. I can't seem to beat my 1:21.752. I will keep trying though.
 
Also.....should i get the sharkport...i have the funds......but is it honestly worth it?
 
Well, if you get a shark port you can enter the comp so why don't you?
 
I can beat 1:22.549....i think i can break 1:22 but im still tryin :)////ive been using a wheel for about a week and a half so im still tryin to get used to it completely :)
 
Your on arcade time trail right? Keep trying. I think you will be competitive if you enter the comp. The thing I hate about time trail is that asm and tcs have to be turned on. I am sure I can break 1:21 without asm and tcs. Every time I get the elise a little loose, the power gets taken away. :(
 
alright then..........if i get it can you guys help me set it up......like tell me what to do? I have 35 bucks(no job ^_^) so if i cant get it for that then i cant.......but im sure i will if its $30
 
i know.....i hate asm :(.......you could drift it and keep almost the same speed......but if you accidently drift...you slow down alot more than you would without asm
 
And its even worse that we have to have asm and tcs on the elise. The lightwieght is meant to be thrown around the track. This just isn't possible with the asm and tcs.
 
i know.its a shame.....but they just have it like that so its your driving skills that beat the time with the same car they used.....but you already knew that
 
LOL sure I knew that :). I already beat Polyphony's time by almost 4 seconds. You also killed them by almost 3 seconds.
 
Go here for comp information.

Sorry about the confusion 240,.. but I think it would be best if we didnt run the time trial,... if you still want me to run it, I might find time,.. but we'll be more productive with this new comp inlight of you not having a sharkport.
 
BTW,.. I just tried TT1 for the first time in a year,.... dude (240), your in deeper than you think.

You say you ran that 21 in 4 tries? I say you have your head so far in your rectum, that you dont even know which way is up.

That's the opinion of a PROVEN racer who's been bustin his ass at this game day in and day out for almost 2 years. :rolleyes:
 
It does seem a little fast for only four tries...
 
Not trying to add fuel to the fire, but I believe the time is possible.

It took me more than 4 tries, but after about an hour, my 4 best times are 1'22.243, 1'22.584, 1'22.791, 1'22.928

Best run split times:
T1: 25.433"
T2: 49.486

Best run thru "analyzer"

Sect 1: Sect. time: 0'04.958"/ Sect av.speed: 127 / speed: 122
Sect 2: Sect. time: 0'08.214"/ Sect av.speed: 91 / speed: 131
Sect 3: Sect. time: 0'11.397"/ Sect av.speed: 103 / speed: 91
Sect 4: Sect. time: 0'06.109"/ Sect av.speed: 116 / speed: 110
Sect 5: Sect. time: 0'06.269"/ Sect av.speed: 79 / speed: 110
Sect 6: Sect. time: 0'10.985"/ Sect av.speed: 81 / speed: 75
Sect 7: Sect. time: 0'04.814"/ Sect av.speed: 104 / speed: 91
Sect 8: Sect. time: 0'03.343"/ Sect av.speed: 112 / speed: 113
Sect 9: Sect. time: 0'05.717"/ Sect av.speed: 62 / speed: 102
Sect 10: Sect. time: 0'11.382"/Sect av.speed: 84 / speed: 65
Sect 11: Sect. time: 0'09.055"/ Sect av.speed: 109/ speed: 95

Saved replay, but no Sharkport. Flame away:p
 
Who says this person hasnt been playing GT3 since it came out, and has gained enough skill to actually be able to do such a lap time?? Why is it so hard to believe?? Push a little harder and you can beat his time. So even if he is a cheat, it becomes even more rewarding to beat him. That's just my opinion of course. Im interested in seeing how hard it is to get that time tho. Gonna give it a try sometime soon cuz im not familiar with TT1.
 
Dudes,.. read the whole thread.
Of course the time is possible,.. thats not the point. The point is that anyone that good at this game,... would be more well-roundedly (for lack of a better term) knowledgable about the the game itself.

All I'm doing is putting 2 and 2 together. Like I said before, he's either, IMO, lying about when he made his "time",... or a veteran trying to be funny.

He comes off as a noob,.. and no noob is that good.
 
Big difference between being a "noob" to the game and a "noob" to this board.

My point would be that not every new member on this site would have to be a novice player.
 
Originally posted by kodiak
Big difference between being a "noob" to the game and a "noob" to this board.

My point would be that not every new member on this site would have to be a novice player.

You say it like I havent thought this through,.. where have you been all day?

And I could give a crap less about being wrong (if I am),.. I'm just here tro expose BS'ers,... plain and simple. If he's legit,.. great, I wont feel so bad when I beat his time,.. I'l actually feel like it was worth it. Do you know how much racing I'd have to do if I took up every challenge about some smokin time that some noob presented to me?

He woulda been way better off startin out light,.. like with a 23 or even a 22 woulda worked. But like I said,... you bust outa the gates with a 1'21 in 4 tries,.... I'm suspisious unles your name is FLinx, Arco, or Bleed Kaga.
 
Thats true, Ive been playing GT3 since it came out, and I consider myself to be pretty good. But I just recently found this place in May. But then again you are right.. he does seem to be passing as a GT3 noob a bit. Maybe a confused one?
 
Originally posted by Red Eye Racer
You say it like I havent thought this through,.. where have you been all day?

And I could give a crap less about being wrong (if I am),.. I'm just here tro expose BS'ers,... plain and simple. If he's legit,.. great, I wont feel so bad when I beat his time,.. I'l actually feel like it was worth it. Do you know how much racing I'd have to do if I took up every challenge about some smokin time that some noob presented to me?

He woulda been way better off startin out light,.. like with a 23 or even a 22 woulda worked. But like I said,... you bust outa the gates with a 1'21 in 4 tries,.... I'm suspisious unles your name is FLinx, Arco, or Bleed Kaga.

Ummm RER, I'm the one who got 1:21.752 in four tries.
 
And I have been playing GT3 for almost 2 years. I just got back into it though.
 
Oh and I hope you still run that time trial RER. I chose it because if you go off track or hit a wall, you fail so there is less of a chance of cheating. Also, there is no chance of people tuning their cars so everything is equal. I went to my local best buy and they do not have shark ports. Tomorro I will get one from eb and post my reply that shows the date as today morning. I wonder what you will say then....
 
I will say,.. "excellent run,... way to prove me wrong",...

But we'll just see about that now wont we,.. and yes, I'll run the ****ty, no tuning, no skill needed time trial,... and then you can walk away wearing your ass as a hat.
 
Back