BkS

Scotland
Livingston, Sco
BkS-y0
APX BkS
BKT4xO1CUAAbKtc.jpg

BKT2M6BCUAEDO2J.jpg

BKT4UuYCMAAev8x.jpg

Looks like GT5 engine, which brushed up menu's and a neet new feature!

From Toyota's Twitter.

Last edited:
From Jordan:

"Basics of the GT6 core is new"

"new rendering engine, flexible, compact and nimble"

"lots of single leaves floating and flying on the track"

"totally new physics engine, new suspension and tyre model. new aero model. tech partnership with yokohama and kw auto."

Graphics look excat same.
Its on the PS3, you shouldn't expect much change when it comes to the graphics. GT5 pushed the PS3 about as far as it can go graphically. Not much left to improve. It already looks stunning. Well the premiums look stunning. Might be some subtle graphical changes in the premiums but they already look amazing.

BkS
From Jordan:

"Basics of the GT6 core is new"

"new rendering engine, flexible, compact and nimble"

"lots of single leaves floating and flying on the track"

"totally new physics engine, new suspension and tyre model. new aero model. tech partnership with yokohama and kw auto."

K now i'm getting excited.

How about making this the gt6 picture/video thread where all the pictures and videos can be posted from the announcement. They get lost very easily in the longer threads.

Or if someone wants to make one why not? Get all the pics and vids in the op. I would but i know I won't have the time to update the op
:)

Some GT6 HD High Resolution pictures, Click to enlarge. Warning, Massive picture. May slow down some computers.

bmUploads_2013-05-15_2652_rocket_01.jpg

bmUploads_2013-05-15_2657_tesla_01.jpg

bmUploads_2013-05-15_2651_Quattro_S1_02.jpg

bmUploads_2013-05-15_2665_XBOW_R_02.jpg

bmUploads_2013-05-15_2703_silverstone_national_01.jpg

bmUploads_2013-05-15_2610_Jaguar-XKR-S-11_73Front.jpg

bmUploads_2013-05-15_2602_Frrrari-Dino-246-GT-71_Interior_03.jpg

bmUploads_2013-05-15_2594_Ferrari-458-Italia-09_73Front.jpg

bmUploads_2013-05-15_2596_Ferrari-Dino-246-GT-71_73Front.jpg

bmUploads_2013-05-15_2618_Mercedes-Benz-SLS-AMG-GT3-11_73Front.jpg

bmUploads_2013-05-15_2704_silverstone_national_02.jpg

By the time GT7 comes we will have 500 PS3 cars and 100 PS4 cars. I fear PD now will always be playing catch up to the console!

Since you wouldn't be able to spot the difference unless you're using the new microscope mode feature in GT7, I'd say that PS3 models for PS4 would be perfectly fine.

Since you wouldn't be able to spot the difference unless you're using the new microscope mode feature in GT7, I'd say that PS3 models for PS4 would be perfectly fine.

I'd put money on them being able to do a much better job graphically with cars on the PS4 than PS3.....It seems to be a myth going around right now that you cannot do anybetter than a PS3 premium car, Thats just nonsense!

+1 for that.

The PS3 models are still insanely detailed, and I know PS4 will bring more powerful graphics, but I would be fine to see PS3 premiums on a PS4 edition instead of "standards". Then of course all of the new models on the PS4 version. Of course the more they make for the new game the better (don't get me wrong here ;)) but I wouldn't be too disapointed as I said.

By the time GT7 comes we will have 500 PS3 cars and 100 PS4 cars. I fear PD now will always be playing catch up to the console!

Not really, there is only so much you can model a car that it's 100% true to the real model, or close enough that it makes no difference in a game environment. The rest of the work is then shaders and lighting to make the car look as realistic as possible. A lot of people seem to mistake poor/less realistic lighting and shaders for poorer models. Just look at the normal Forza 4 models, a lot of people say they're not as realistic as GT5 and that appears to be the case but when they're taken out of the Forza 4 lighting engine and placed in a better one they look extremely real.

The premium cars are already extremely well detailed, except for a few more polys in a few areas, some slightly better textures and some physical reworking on certain models they're not far off as good as you're going to get, or need, for many years.

If you look at the Premium models in GT5's showroom, you understand there's no real need to have more detailed ones on the next generation of consoles. As SimonK says, put these models in a next generation graphical engine and apply modern lighting, shaders and a host of post-processing effect on them and they'd still look stunningly detailed by PS4 standards. Not to mention that the "master" models PD created for the Premium are probably even more detailed than what we've seen so far (you'd expect some future-proofing in that area).

If you look at the Premium models in GT5's showroom, you understand there's no real need to have more detailed ones on the next generation of consoles. As SimonK says, put these models in a next generation graphical engine and apply modern lighting, shaders and a host of post-processing effect on them and they'd still look stunningly detailed by PS4 standards. Not to mention that the "master" models PD created for the Premium are probably even more detailed than what we've seen so far (you'd expect some future-proofing in that area).

Also, even with 500k poly on GT5 model they can remove the jagged edges with AA on PS4 horsepower without a sweat.

Also, even with 500k poly on GT5 model they can remove the jagged edges with AA on PS4 horsepower without a sweat.

Polygon count has nothing to do with jagged edges. You can have a single 1-polygon triangle that has perfectly crisp HD edges. It's the resolution (and AA, as you mentioned) that matters. Which is beneficial, because it means that whenever the PS5 rolls around and is able to do 4K or 8K, all of Polyphony's car models will automagically look better due to simply being rendered at a higher resolution. (Same goes with the PS4 and being able to use more AA and true 1920x1080 instead of 1280x1080)

Polygon count just affects how blocky or smooth an object looks, independent of resolution. And Polyphony's car models have more than enough polygons to look perfectly smooth, unless you're putting your nose right up against the car's headlights.

Or in other words, they're perfectly sufficient and could last Polyphony until the end of time. But they could always opt to increase the poly count so that details still look perfectly smooth even when you're zooming in on them with a microscope. And of course, they could always move on to modeling internal components...

Or they could just make more cars and tracks. :P

Last edited:
Back