GT6 Screenshots / Videos

• Thread starter BkS
  • 10,029 comments
It's great to see more gameplay and it all looks so good. One slight observation though. Is it just me or is the grass too green? It's practically bright lime green.

UkHardcore23
I'd put money on them being able to do a much better job graphically with cars on the PS4 than PS3.....It seems to be a myth going around right now that you cannot do anybetter than a PS3 premium car, Thats just nonsense!

That's not quite it. It isn't about whether or not you can render more details, but rather about whether you'll notice them. The only place you will notice fully-rendered upholstery stitching or lug nut scratches is in an Autovista-like mode or an extreme closeup in photo mode. Under normal gameplay, a car rendered at much higher detail will look indistinguishable from a PS3 Premium model. The only real reason for cramming in much finer detail is to brag that you did it.

The scenario of Ronda (Andalucia) is too detailed to be a simple background scenery but too little detail to be a showy stage to street level.

Either way the have invested a lot of work.

5lz67p.jpg

af7jp2.jpg

The scenario of Ronda (Andalucia) is too detailed to be a simple background scenery but too little detail to be a showy stage to street level.

Either way the have invested a lot of work.

5lz67p.jpg

af7jp2.jpg

It's one of the things I'm most excited about! Course Generator and Andalucia!

Gameplay with the GT Academy guys, it's really noticeable how different it feels... the car movement in general...

Got it from Solidsnakex on NeoGAF.

This may have been mentioned before but look at the rearview miiror. No rough edged apexes. Nice to see :)

Graphics are much more refined than in GT5 , litle popup on the big box building, weight transfer looks AWESOME!

It's great to see more gameplay and it all looks so good. One slight observation though. Is it just me or is the grass too green? It's practically bright lime green.

If your referring to the "grass" at the edge of the track, then that's astroturf not grass. 👍

If you look at the Premium models in GT5's showroom, you understand there's no real need to have more detailed ones on the next generation of consoles. As SimonK says, put these models in a next generation graphical engine and apply modern lighting, shaders and a host of post-processing effect on them and they'd still look stunningly detailed by PS4 standards. Not to mention that the "master" models PD created for the Premium are probably even more detailed than what we've seen so far (you'd expect some future-proofing in that area).

Exactly right. Those showroom models in GT5 look fantastic but in game is clearly a lower level of detail.

I am not sure if PS4 will be able to do 16+ GT5 showroom quality cars at the same time on track-- with upgraded lighting, track textures and AI etc. as well. We'll see in 2015 :). It will be interesting to compare Driveclub's models with GT5 showroom models when more surfaces for that title.

Gameplay with the GT Academy guys, it's really noticeable how different it feels... the car movement in general...

Got it from Solidsnakex on NeoGAF.

Interesting that it is not showing the interior view. The car movement look real nice. Some good body roll too.

Graphics in GT5 are OK for me, the thing i love to see there, is how this suspension is mooving and reacting to weight transfer.... fantastic. What are the arrows beside the tires indicators ??? with a number 10 it seems ??

Tired Tyres
If your referring to the "grass" at the edge of the track, then that's astroturf not grass. 👍

Not all the way down the back straight it's not. It is not an issue at all but it just caught my attention.

Graphics in GT5 are OK for me, the thing i love to see there, is how this suspension is mooving and reacting to weight transfer.... fantastic. What are the arrows beside the tires indicators ??? with a number 10 it seems ??

Noticed that too man! At first I tought it could be tire temperature, but... the number 10 it's weird!

I am surprised by lack of videos given that it had huge media presence. I would have thought there would be more videos uploaded by now but maybe that will be the case in a few days time. I would have tried to take more video footage myself if there was a small media presence and if it looked like something that won't be released to public anytime soon. It would have most likely emptied my phone battery too quickly anyway given I was trying to keep track on what was happening in conference via GTPlanet as well. Nearly was on empty by time I left event so I think I rationed well battery use :lol:. It was difficult to take footage also while driving and holding camera for example using the Sixaxis controller.

Anyway here is a video that my brother took, luckily he came in time for second lap (Otherwise I would have no footage showing steering input). It was recorded on his phone at 4:3 resolution. I have upscaled it to 720p 16:9 so it looks better on YouTube. I think this is on the newest build on demo as ones earlier on day did not have throttle and brake inputs showing.

I was standing for like over 6 hours before sitting down for this so driving was a bit poor (Racing driver excuses :lol:). More reasons / excuses in video description on YouTube ;). Reason for not checking driving options was due to last build I tried which I heard was quite old, it crashed when I pressed exit. This build like other newer builds is less likely to crash I guess but I didn't want to risk it and also just get into the driving as it was already setup to continue and had enough waiting around that day. They had different cars and track combos on the other pods too.

I think I only ended up doing two laps on GP circuit using steering wheel in the end IIRC. Here is the second lap below:

Last edited:
Thanks for the vid. The KTM looks like a handful to drive.
It is quite fun to drive and I was deliberately driving over the limit as mentioned in video description. Also automatic made it harder due to not being able to control upshifts and downshifts when I would ideally want to. It was quite funny on first lap though on first few corners as I sort of was using the paddles even though I didn't need to :lol:.

Saidur_Ali, thanks for sharing!

The self shadows look amazing!
No problem, it does look quite good. Looks quite refreshed the graphics engine in general.

Thanks for sharing Saidur_Ali, that was epic! :D I like how fast and wild you were driving, that looked like fun. Can't wait until July to play the demo. 👍

Thanks for sharing Saidur_Ali, that was epic! :D I like how fast and wild you were driving, that looked like fun. Can't wait until July to play the demo. 👍
No problem, I regret a bit on not doing more laps on it but my brother wanted to leave as it was getting late and he is not into games. It was a lot of fun, I could have also driven less wild if I wanted to but it is not as fun way to test the new physics, pedal to the metal is ;).

Niice vid buddy 👍
Thanks.

No problem, I regret a bit on not doing more laps on it but my brother wanted to leave as it was getting late and he is not into games. It was a lot of fun, I could have also driven less wild if I wanted to but it is not as fun way to test the new physics, pedal to the metal is ;).

Haha. But I will tell you this though. Thanks to your video, I'm inspired by you to drive just as fast as you once I get my hands on the GT6 demo on July. :D The new physics is what I'm most hyped up for, it'll be a challenge which I love. 👍

Back