300 mph Club

Discussion in 'GT6 Tuning' started by spsajewski, Dec 22, 2013.

1. jedi09

jedi09

I'll try this out. I found that waiting until the top of the hill to use the nitrous gives the best results, that way you don't waste any going up hill.

demonchilde likes this.
  2. mcsqueegy

mcsqueegy Premium

For me personally, once the road flattens out I lose speed so it makes sense to hit the nitrous earlier.

Stingray '14 with 920bhp:

IMG_0516.JPG

It actually hit 320 but didn't show on the replay :confused: anyway that's with stock transmission and suspension, goes to show how little difference some things make...

Tried it without nitrous, hit 299 quite a number of times :mad:

turbohayabusa and Raddad1591 like this.
  3. spsajewski

spsajewski

I agree, I find that you can hit the nitrous right at the 2800-2900m mark and that will give you just a sliver left at the bottom of the hill.

Raddad1591 likes this.
  4. NixxxoN

NixxxoN (Banned)

That's not true for every car, depending on how fast you go, if you start using your nitro on the start of the uphill part, you run out before the end of the downhill.

Also, lets not forget. What are your nitro settings? Maximum power, minimum lasting? Cars have different nitro values aswell.

5. mcsqueegy

mcsqueegy Premium

For any car that continues to accelerate once the road flattens out, sure, then you'd use nitrous at the top of the hill. Can't say that's true for any car I've tried yet though.

And no, the nitrous doesn't run out beforehand... again, with the cars I've tried, I've been able to use it as early as 400m before the uphill and still have enough left for downhill. Some more powerful cars might run out early, but I haven't had this yet.

Nitrous is always at maximum power, whether that be 50, 70, or 100.

6. Huston189

Huston189

Why so uptight? This is his post your commenting on, right?

7. GTP_CargoRatt

GTP_CargoRatt

Why do you feel the need to quote something I posted a week ago and have obviously moved on from? As I said in that post, I was only trying to make a suggestion, that's all. Your interpretation of me being uptight is only your imagination.......or a way for you to try and annoy me. :rolleyes:

8. mcsqueegy

mcsqueegy Premium

Nissan 300ZX TwinTurbo 2seater (Z32) '98 (873bhp)

Not the type S model that's already on there.

IMG_0517.JPG

9. Silencer_24

Silencer_24

Nissan GT-R SpecV '09 (1074 bhp)

IMAG0210.jpg

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
    spsajewski likes this.
  10. Silencer_24

Silencer_24

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) '06 (919 bhp)
    Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09 (1050 bhp)

IMAG0209.jpg IMAG0208.jpg

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
    spsajewski likes this.
  11. Huston189

Huston189

Sorry bro! Didn't see the date!

12. spsajewski

spsajewski

So looking at the list we can see that every car on it is a coupe bodied car. Has anyone got a Sedan/Saloon or any other body type car to 300 mph?

13. Streeto

Streeto

I'm assuming you guys cant reach these speeds without the use of NOS right?

Seeing as a 1000hp car with 70% NOS is essentially 1700hp on spray, it would make a little more sense.

But I still can't get my head around a road legal car doing 290mph+...

14. spsajewski

spsajewski

A fair handful of these cars can indeed do 300 mph without Nitrous and most others can still manage 290 mph. I know my personal favorite, the Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale '11, does 302 mph without Nos or drafting.

15. Streeto

Streeto

Oh, well that's ridiculous then, it certainly needs to be fixed because that's far from realistic.

16. spsajewski

spsajewski

I don't think it's crazy. The Alfa makes 1200hp, I stretched the gears extremely far, and lowered it as much as possible. It not as if it flies up to 300. Indeed the acceleration isn't very fast at all and due to the setting, it's not really fit for doing anything but high straight line top speed. I'm sure that the Veyron SS, with the same horsepower and more weight, could do 300 mph with the correct setup, it's just that they want the car to be drivable.

17. FastGT23

FastGT23

Might want to work on It some. Mine does 306 by itself no nos or draft

18. Benny44

Benny44

My Alfa does 306 too with hard racing suspension. Jut put on full customize suspension to see if I can squeeze out a couple more mph.

19. mcsqueegy

mcsqueegy Premium

At least cars aren't doing massive wheelies like in the previous GT games :p But I do agree it seems cars don't suffer much drag and can hit some ridiculous speeds sometimes.

20. mcsqueegy

mcsqueegy Premium

Some new cars:

SLS AMG '10
    IMG_0518.JPG

Viper GTS '99 (1095bhp)
    IMG_0520.JPG

Zonda C12S '00 (1030bhp)
    IMG_0519.JPG

spsajewski likes this.
  21. lldantell

lldantell

i tuned my alfa tz3 to do 305 no nos and flat road.i could post the picture but i dont have any usbs that would make my ipad to be compatible with my laptop

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  22. Austin1

Austin1

How do you get Veyron to 300 mine stops working at 233 from I'm assuming the electronic limit.

23. spsajewski

spsajewski

Fully tuned and with the transmission stretched you should see 300 mph easily. I know my Veyron did 355 mph without too much effort.

24. montez34

montez34

Here you go, first sedan to hit 300mph. 2008 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG 4 door.

[​IMG]

AzDesertRacer and spsajewski like this.
  25. montez34

montez34

I think the C63 AMG might be the only sedan in the game that can break 300, I've tried a bunch of other high hp sedans and most of them top out between 280-291.

It took 30 minutes of tuning to get the C63 to hit 300.

I found out some interesting stuff

1. No matter which suspension I used or what I set it to the top speed never changed.

2. Flat floors reduce the top speed

3. Removing the factory wing does nothing for top speed

26. Austin1

Austin1

No, like the car just dies, it's still accelerating at a decent rate, a lot left before it redlines, but at 230 it cuts out it's power and takes away my control of the car until I get below 170 again.

27. montez34

montez34

[​IMG]

28. mcsqueegy

mcsqueegy Premium

I can confirm those, I thought maybe the Audi RS6 would break 300 considering it makes over 1000bhp but was disappointed with the result. Most sedans/wagons are simply too heavy to make use of the power.

29. spsajewski

spsajewski

Did you tune the transmission at all? It makes no sense that that should be happening.

30. GT CHAMP

GT CHAMP

Great job hitting 300+ mph guys, I see multiple people posting pics but none posting tunes. Kind of odd since it is the "tuning forum". Anyone care to share how to hit 300+ mph?