will there be any motorcycles in gt7

With the rumor of the Isle Of Man course appearing in GT7, having motorcycles in GT7 doesn't sound like a terrible idea, assuming the Isle Of Man course actually does appear in GT7. We'll have to wait, I guess.

Put BMX and Mountain bikes into Tourist Trophy as well as Motorcycles! You have to use training wheels until you get your B license though. Then you can only use tricycles until you get your A. Sounds amazing.

But yeah I don't think bikes should be in Gran Turismo, I think it would take the focus off what GT is about. That must be why Tourist Trophy is a separate entity to GT

Put BMX and Mountain bikes into Tourist Trophy as well as Motorcycles! You have to use training wheels until you get your B license though. Then you can only use tricycles until you get your A. Sounds amazing.
That actually does sound amazing. I've wanted a game like that my whole life. If I could, I'd make it myself!

But yeah I don't think bikes should be in Gran Turismo, I think it would take the focus off what GT is about. That must be why Tourist Trophy is a separate entity to GT
Tourist Trophy 2, should it come, will undoubtedly be a separate purchase. Since TT used GT4's engines and content, I don't see the actual need to properly segregate the two games at all in future. A virtual, optional segregation is a necessity, but I'd love to be able to switch between cars and bikes without turning the game off. From there it's a simple step to allow the two side-by-side for those who want it.

I don't know. I have a feeling that if people realized that PD could have upgraded a Standard car for every bike or three they might make for a Gran Turismo game, there might be some push back over that. I'd really rather that PD super-Standardize all their Standard cars and tracks first, and then begin the process of Premiumizing them, before they embark on another motorcycle adventure. And then I'd much rather Kaz establish a PD2 to deal with that, who could also help out with Gran Turismo content.

I think bikes should be completely separate to Gran Turismo. Play Road Rash and pretend the guy you just whiplashed with a chain is Kaz or something.
Ah, Road Rash, brings back countless memories of deliberately falling off of the bike and running on foot from the police, who would of course now and again run you over (now that's realism!!).

I hope this 'mapping/scanning' of IOM is for a stand alone game, be it Tourist Trophy 2 or a completely new title, the thought of bikes and cars on track together would worry me, I can just see countless claims from the bikers of 'you hit me in the corner' where as any incident was actually caused by the speed difference in cornering between the two.

So no, I would not like to see bikes in GT7.

I am 90% sure that I read years ago that Kaz said that (summarising loosely here) Gran Turismo is a celebration of the car. I don't claim to know much about bikes but has there ever been a Ducati or anything with GT at the end of its name?

Not exactly, when you hear Gran Turismo or Grand Touring as it translates to, it kind of connects itself to the idealogy of a car rather than a bike. From 1997 to 2014 the game has been about cars. Even though it is possible to travel, or 'tour' using a bike, when people hear the words Gran Turismo they tend think of cars rather than say Jenkins the cat. Or motorcycles. Don't get me wrong I'm not here to put together a debate of whether something should be included in the game because that is Kaz's decision and that said while my interest in bikes pales in comparison to cars, I do think they deserve their own creative outlet a la Tourist Trophy. Although they both have engines and wheels, they are very different in terms of physics and dynamics. Motorcycles have a very diverse and rich history same as the motorcar and I think they should be separated so that they each get the focus they deserve.

I'd really rather that PD super-Standardize all their Standard cars and tracks first, and then begin the process of Premiumizing them

You'd rather them spend even more time getting things up to a PS4-acceptable level of quality by first investing a ton of time tinkering with assets that are massively outdated and can't support the features many are requesting (even you, actually)? That's... a unique approach. Sort of like sending an overcooked steak back to the cook and asking him to fix that steak instead of just working on a second one properly.

As much as I used to be a fan of the idea of a bike/car game from PD, combining TT and GT together - to the point I'd laboriously do Photomode shoots for the express purpose of merging them - I think the amount of time needed to create a quality product these days kind of makes it impossible, at least at PD's current size. Modelling is the biggest time-suck, and there's quite a lot on the plate for a PS4 GT game already, to say nothing of any future tracks, or even updating existing ones. If PD were willing to have another dev work on a TT2 using their engine - basically, just have the other dev handle content creation and whatever unique-to-bike aspects they need to wrench with in the physics engine - I'd be all gung-ho about it, but at the current rate, I think it's a far bigger priority for PD to focus on delivering the best GT7 they can, instead of chasing fringe sales with a car/bike mash-up.

TT Vita with GT7 crossplay would make more sense to me.

Milestone Inc. would be the obvious choice if outside dev is used.

Back