Unrealistic Selling of Cars.

Got more than enough money and cars for my needs,so I don't see a problem with selling prices (I've sold maybe 5 duplicates out of 500+ garage ) , but I understand it can be bothersome,especially if you're low on credits .

My advice would be, be wise with car purchasing,so you don't regret it later when you lost a good amount of credits while selling it.

.......At least now you can sell any car; back in GT5, you couldn't sell anything that cost more than half a mil when new and get credits back. What about selling cars that you won a stack of races in?? IRL cars like that do fetch much higher bids when put on sale/auction....

It annoys me so much that i buy a car for $50,000, put $200,000 and then later sell it but only getting $25,000 back instead of at least $100,000.
Does this annoy you guys and should it be addressed?
You don't get $25k back for a $50k car, you get $15k (30% of purchase regardless of further investment)--are you even more annoyed now? I really don't care about it. In fact, I've spent hundreds of millions simply buying cars for the paint they provide.

When you sell a modified car in real life, you pretty much never get back what you spend modifying it.

Ohhh, Viennaaaaa...
Totally agree with that, I've seen people throw tens of thousands at cars in the form of engine swaps/mods, paintwork and suspension but when they eventually go to market they are usually getting less back than the stock car was worth.

Modified cars - Expensive but utterly worthless :lol:

Title made me laugh
Buy a new car & drive it out of the showroom & you just lost a huge chunk of money.
Take it & thrash it round a track, just lost more.
Modifying it can also devalue it, if done well you can add to the value but its got to be really good to get your money back as a rule.
You decided to sell it & sold it instantly, want to wait for a better price.
So not realistic but not far off & certainly far more realistic than the huge amounts of money you can earn from racing.

Said this before but use most cars in 4 or 5 suitable races & you have paid for it so whats the issue.

Depreciation makes a certain amount of sense for the handful of new cars, but it makes an awful lot less sense for the 90% of the cars in the game that are more than a few years old. What amuses me is how logically inconsistent it is. Historical race cars that the game treats as close as it can to being priceless by already wildly overinflating their prices, but when you go to sell them they are suddenly comparatively worthless. My Le Mans winning Ford GT40 lost 75‰ of it's market value because my ass touched the seat? I didn't fart or anything.

Though, really, the ingame economy is still so wildly unbalanced since GT5 that it's a minor issue.

Don't know what you're talking about, I got atleast 200-300% back on the original price for my 200 mercs back in V1.00 :) wink wink nudge nudge say no more :)

Back