Justin Wilson (1978-2015)

• Thread starter Bo
  • 79 comments
My heart just dropped. RIP Justin Wilson. You will be missed.

When the announcement that there was a late night press conference broke, we knew it would either be good or bad. It is bad, and we lost another bright smile and another bright star. Rest in peace, Justin Wilson. Say hello to Dan, Paul, Tony, and Scott for us. You will be so missed.

Wrong time to ask but was there telemetry from how fast he was going upon impact of the nosecone?

Thoughts and prayers with his family and loved ones tonight. The world loses another great guy. :(

There most likely is. They'll probably release it with an accident report if they do.
Most likely will be released at one point, but the nosecone isn't that light of a piece as mentioned before, he had no time to react to it and if it weren't for it sadly hitting his head he would have most likely been at home now, with his family.

Thoughts and prayers to the Wilson family.

Picture removed. Actually pretty surprise that he passed away, figured he'd be alright. Damn shame.

Anyone know what the COD was?

~RIP Justin Wilson~

At least he died doing what he loved R.I.P Justin 71224310.jpg

I also feel badly for Sage Karam. People across Indycar have lambasted him for his driving recently and yet when something serious did eventually happen, it was not his fault.

Hoping the Indycar community pull behind him as well. He must be feeling so horrible right now :/

I also feel badly for Sage Karam. People across Indycar have lambasted him for his driving recently and yet when something serious did eventually happen, it was not his fault.

Hoping the Indycar community pull behind him as well. He must be feeling so horrible right now :/
Indeed, let's hope he will recover and not feel too much wrong guilt.

It's always sad to know a member of our huge racing family died, but I feel ill, having witnessed these basically last moments of him. I'm such a passionate motorsport fan, been so often in this situation, but it always hurts so much.

You know, I never really watch Indy Car racing. But when I hear something like this has happened I can't help but feel depressed and down (that goes for any sport). Rest, no, Race in peace Justin, your time was cut too short and my most heartfelt prayers go out to your family and fans. :(

AllanSimonsenTree.jpg

That's the tree he hit.
That makes sense then. I didn't even think about how incredibly inappropriate the bang head smiley was to the conversation until I saw your picture, and now even more so. RIP Justin.:(

My first ever IndyCar race was in 2006 at Homestead-Miami, the Toyota Indy 300. The planned debut of Danica Patrick and the promise of an amazing build of IndyCar's rise, back when CCWS was inevitably dying, and IRL was the definition of bravery. That race wasn't that at all. I remember hearing over the loudspeakers that Paul Dana had passed away. Until last year I never saw his accident. All I had of that race was somber crowds and shock. For years I followed the series, the highs, the lows, the highlights and the times where you wanted to give up. I've always had the impression that death is just a part of racing, and we all die eventually, so why hold anything back. Dan Wheldon hadn't changed my mind, and even Jules Bianchi hadn't phased me. These men, these brave gladiators of the air and asphalt were doing what they love and what many of us wish we could do. Tonight is so much different. I've never felt so sad, so despairing for a racing loss as I am right now. Justin Wilson is someone I've seen several times, and each time he had a genuine smile, and a genuine heart. He really loved IndyCar, and he loved everyone that followed the series. He was a flag runner for the series in my mind, and for a while now I've just been in tears. Godspeed, Justin, may God comfort your family's heart and minds.

Wow... it sounded very bad at first, but I still felt shocked when they announced a press conference.

RIP Justin... too soon.

It's heartbreaking that in a short period of time, the motorsports world has lost two of it's most well-liked and talented heroes far too soon.

Godspeed, Justin.

Back