GT Sport Will Not Feature Any Microtransactions

If there's no MTs then the in-game economy needs to be up to scratch to avoid another grind-fest. Also I don't believe that only 15% of the game is online.

This is actually great. This means that they'll start you with a fair amount, and continue making a fair amount, without the need to buy more. No pay to win as some have already said.
Plus this means we won't be paying for update cars (not like we ever did, they always came free), unlike *ahem* Forza.

Plus this means we won't be paying for update cars (not like we ever did, they always came free), unlike *ahem* Forza.

Unlike GT5, you mean? ;)

Note what @trustjab said: micro transactions may not be a thing, but that doesn't confirm all DLC will be free. It might be, but it might not. If PD is planning on tripling the car count and adding tracks, I'd be very surprised if it did it without any prices attached.

Personally, I don't get why people are so bothered by paid DLC. I don't believe PD (or any dev that wants to support its game post-release) should have to work for free.

Unlike GT5, you mean? ;)

Note what @trustjab said: micro transactions may not be a thing, but that doesn't confirm all DLC will be free. It might be, but it might not. If PD is planning on tripling the car count and adding tracks, I'd be very surprised if it did it without any prices attached.

Personally, I don't get why people are so bothered by paid DLC. I don't believe PD (or any dev that wants to support its game post-release) should have to work for free.

Yes yes all fair points.
I have no problem believing the reason why PD have made this decision is because they think (or know) the game will sell extremely well and paid transactions or DLC will not be needed.

Just saying, PD is taking the next step to not letting people buy large amounts of cash to get ahead quicker.

I just don't like that pay $XX for 2.5milCr. It's like buying Hot wheels funny money so you can buy a Hot Wheels car. Just skip the middle man and just pay for the content. Back to normalcy...

Yes yes all fair points.
I have no problem believing the reason why PD have made this decision is because they think (or know) the game will sell extremely well and paid transactions or DLC will not be needed.

Just saying, PD is taking the next step to not letting people buy large amounts of cash to get ahead quicker.

A game selling well is all the more reason it should have DLC, at least from a business perspective. That's a lot of discarded potential revenue otherwise — and I can't think of many games that have tripled their car counts for free.

Besides, some optional paid content post-release seems like a far better deal to me than intentionally stunting the online economy to push micro transactions (GTAV).

Truth be told, I'm not too bothered by MTs either so long as they're handled well. If people want to pay real-world cash for in-game credits instead of progressing naturally, more power to them. I understand time is money. My issue is when in-game economies are skewed to encourage such behavior.

This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Michael Leary (@Terronium-12) on August 8th, 2017 in the Gran Turismo Sport category.
This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Michael Leary (@Terronium-12) on August 8th, 2017 in the Gran Turismo Sport category.

I dont understand, it all ready have MT, even before the game is out. I preordered the delux digital edition, witch includes 2million in game credits, instead of 500,000 the std preorder edition, and several cars more as well

I dont understand, it all ready have MT, even before the game is out. I preordered the delux digital edition, witch includes 2million in game credits, instead of 500,000 the std preorder edition, and several cars more as well

That's not really the same thing. You can't go and buy the extra credits as a separate item.

I think this is a positive step considering todays market. But I do also agree that this doesn't mean all DLC will be free. I'd like to think there will a decent chunk of content that will be free, particuarly early on in the games lifespan. Down the road 'if' there are decent car/track packs or similar, I'd likely be fine with dishing out a bit extra for some solid additions. Guess it depends if they take my fancy, I would love a Porche pack.

We still don't have any specific detailed information regarding DLC's yet, but now we know there will be updated cars and tracks. Also, no microtransactions is likely a good sign for those who just want to play without grinding more cash. And the portions between 85% offline vs 15% online is rather interesting to know even more.

Btw, thanks @Terronium-12 to put this in the front page! I appreciate it :gtpflag:

This would mean that they could make it slightly easier than GT6 in terms of in-game economy if there won't be any of these "pay-to-win" material.
I never really had that problem in gt 6. I did start with that large set of cars from the start but I don't remember getting credits to be that big of a problem.

I believe that it was far easier to get money and credit in Gran Turismo 6 than gran Turismo 5 (Talking about Offline wise). No Microtransactions doesn't mean anything to me in GT Sport TBH.

GTA Online on the other hand, however.

I believe that it was far easier to get money and credit in Gran Turismo 6 than gran Turismo 5 (Talking about Offline wise). No Microtransactions doesn't mean anything to me in GT Sport TBH.

And if you're including online, then you basically just have to do the seasonal events once every month to be able to afford every car you ever wanted. The rest of the time you can spend on whatever you like most, be it online racing, course maker or tuning cars to perfection.

"While the comparatively small list stands at odds to the series norms,"

Wrong. If you actually knew what the norm was for the series you'd realize the odd number GT's always have had much less cars. 100-200 roughly. GT Sport is right in line with that. The first GT on each console has always had less cars and tracks. I don't know why this is news to anyone. Are peoples memories that bad?

Oh yea, it was so much easier to make money in GT6 which is why it makes me laugh when people would bring up microtransactions in GT6. If they had actually played GT6, they would realize what an absolute non factor they were instead of using it to put down GT6 and failing miserably like idiots by exposing themselves as the ignorant fools they are.

"While the comparatively small list stands at odds to the series norms,"

Wrong. If you actually knew what the norm was for the series you'd realize the odd number GT's always have had much less cars. 100-200 roughly. GT Sport is right in line with that. The first GT on each console has always had less cars and tracks. I don't know why this is news to anyone. Are peoples memories that bad?

Oh yea, it was so much easier to make money in GT6 which is why it makes me laugh when people would bring up microtransactions in GT6. If they had actually played GT6, they would realize what an absolute non factor they were instead of using it to put down GT6 and failing miserably like idiots by exposing themselves as the ignorant fools they are.
There are 50 car modelers in the GT6 credits. At two cars per year each that's 100 cars in each year. It's been 3.5 years since GT6 came out. How many cars are in GTS again?

Regardless of how easy it was to earn money in GT6 you cannot deny that you could, and still can, buy in game credits with real money. Therefore bringing up something THAT WAS IN THE GAME is not anything other that the TRUTH.

Back