GT Sport Requires an Internet Connection for Game Saves

Well I certainly did see a lot of outages so far. In fact I've been only able to connect for two sessions, one which ended abruptly. Still, I hope this was a part of their "beta" demo testing and all will be Ok until the 18th. Good news is PC2 has a patch that fixes some of the bigger problems so I still have what to drive until the servers are stable :dunce:

I will likely be playing Gran Turismo Sport on multiple consoles: my PS4 Pro at home and a standard PS4 in the office during lunch.

Will this mean that my save is automatically synced up between each console, and I don’t have to manually port it over every time I want to play on a different machine?

I find it odd that it states that you must have net access to save because it saves to a central server location and not to the PS4 but if there is the option to load a save if the net isn't available or there is an outage 💡

Net access is not a worry for me, but outages are...

Last night my connection went bad the game can't save properly and then I quit the only wake up to get awarded my daily workout and get the same car I got from my second day of beta!
I'm a bit pissed to find that I lost my 8 passed mission challenges data so I have to do it all over again!
I really hope they made a backup copy for offline before upload the save for online,losing connection and I can't save that sucks

I find it odd that it states that you must have net access to save because it saves to a central server location and not to the PS4 but if there is the option to load a save if the net isn't available or there is an outage 💡

Net access is not a worry for me, but outages are...
It does actually save locally. Go back to the PS4 system screen, and press options on the game. You get the ability to upload the saves to the online server. Now, whether this updates on the PD server or not I'm unsure, but it gives peace of mind at least. If I try a manual save in the game, for two days now it's never worked, but I'm clearly online with PSN and the online races.

Maybe the game should be renamed to GT: Online. :)

All joking aside after playing the demo I have preordered the game though, not so much for the racing itself since I think the handling model is really basic and lacks depth, the sounds are pretty bad and the track roster is very underwhelming. But what did really grasp me in the demo was that nostalgic GT feeling: the photorealistic cutscenes and photos of cars, those familiar menu navigation sounds and cursor movements while using the D-pad buttons, the museum background info on manufacturers and those scapes where you can capture some truly great looking high quality pictures. All accompanied with some of the best and calm background menu music I’ve ever heard in a game. I enjoyed reading some background info on cars, scapes locations or world events, admiring the Vision GT cars and winning a single car from the daily payout or campaign mode has gotten me much more excited than unlocking a dozen of cars in Forza 7. So in the end it’s not the racing itself that turned me over but more the presentation of the content, for me this is more of a beautiful encyclopaedia of cars and car culture than an actual racing game (if that makes sense in any possible way).

It’s also remarkable how in my humble opinion those 3 big racing games from this fall can co-exist so well together in the hands of what I consider to be an avid car enthousiast racing gamer: PCARS 2 for the realism and immersion of racing, Forza 7 for some laid back arcade fun (I don’t mean that in any bad way) and then GT:Sport for a lovely interactive car culture encyclopaedia.

Three games, each one shining in its own department. When I come home from a stressful day at work and I’m tired and not in the mood to do much then I will fire up GT:Sport and have some fun with that, probably most of the time hanging out with scapes. When I’m in a pumped crazy mood I will fire up Forza 7 and I can drive some nutcase cars or just straight into multiplayer sessions even if it’s just for 30 minutes. And when I have a long gaming session ahead whilst in a serious mood then I will do some weekend races in PCARS 2 and get fully immersed into that. Whatever type of racing fan you are, there has got to be at least one of these 3 games that fills your needs.

NFS 2015, The Crew also uses online-only save and no one give a damn.

GTS, everyone loses their minds...lol

Well this a GT thread. On a mainly GT website. With GT players.

I don't think the online save itself is much of a problem, but just how many outages are happening so close to the full games release.

I think that makes peoples complaints and worries legitimate.

Well this a GT thread. On a mainly GT website. With GT players.

I don't think the online save itself is much of a problem, but just how many outages are happening so close to the full games release, that it has people worried.

How many outages? AFAIK there is only one big outage, caused by this:
upload_2017-10-12_15-59-0.png

Plus with this beta, they are on pre-production stage.
upload_2017-10-12_16-0-22.png

So we are not supposed to expect the beta server working with 100% uptime.

But well, we are gamers, demos and betas will always treated as fullgame, no? :D

Even Destiny 2 still have maintenances.

Wrong, Lots of people complained about NFS2015 being online only, Myself included, As for the Crew that game was hardly worth the time, Its hardly a shining endorsement when two of the worst companies in gaming EA and Ubisoft both think something is a good idea....

I think this is just for the demo, so people can't take advantage of the 6 days between the end of the demo period and the official release.

I will likely be playing Gran Turismo Sport on multiple consoles: my PS4 Pro at home and a standard PS4 in the office during lunch.

Will this mean that my save is automatically synced up between each console, and I don’t have to manually port it over every time I want to play on a different machine?

I'd have thought so, much like me having standard Xbox One (at a family member's house to download big patches/games) and an Xbox One S at home (rural crappy internet) to play on...I just take the external hard drive between the two

No problem at all using both on same account

Yes. online data will sync with different machines, Pro or not. It is not a local save data, so no worries. You dont have to do anything manually.

Game will sync online data when you start the game

NFS 2015 got nothing but complaints mate. So much so that one of the first things the devs said about the 2017 NFS was no online save.

As for GTS. There wasn't a single day when there wasn't multiple server issues. Not including maintenance ones.

I guess this is their way to protect the online championships / cars from save editing. Kind of a bummer really.

I was kinda thinking along the same lines. I understand PD's reasons and applaude them to stop cheaters (especially with an officially endorsed online mode, parity is essential) but the execution is sloppy, for this demo at least.

Well I had a little rant about this in the general discussion forum, thought I'd got it wrong.

Seems not! What a joke - can they not save only the sport stuff online somehow, and leave the rest of the stuff the hell alone?

They've done so much good this time too, and they undercut a lot of that goodwill with a move like this. Bit of a shocker.

I don't have plus, yet, so I don't know how the PSN vanilla save sync works, but it is a pain to transfer save data manually. This automatic syncing between consoles would be nice for social / family play. Assuming that's how it works.

If it is done this way to "prevent" cracking online progress / ratings, then fine. But why also apply it to the offline progress?

Yes. online data will sync with different machines, Pro or not. It is not a local save data, so no worries. You dont have to do anything manually.

Game will sync online data when you start the game
Excellent, this works perfectly for me then. No more faffing about with Upload/Downloads every day :)

I don't have plus, yet, so I don't know how the PSN vanilla save sync works, but it is a pain to transfer save data manually. This automatic syncing between consoles would be nice for social / family play. Assuming that's how it works.

Nononono, saving and progression does not requiring you a plus. The thing that requiring you a plus probably only the Lobby mode and Sport mode. (Because you playing with real humans with that mode).

Nononono, saving and progression does not requiring you a plus. The thing that requiring you a plus probably only the Lobby mode and Sport mode. (Because you playing with real humans with that mode).
I figured that. PS+ has a save game sync feature for all games, so you can easily play the same game on several internet-connected consoles. That this game has its own sync feature is interesting in that light, suggesting it is a specific design decision.

Latest Posts

Back