Toyota Gazoo Racing Set to Debut GR Super Sport Concept in Tokyo

This has Project One rival written all over it.

That teaser photo is pretty much identical in proportion. It even has a shark fin.

So this is what happens when you hear about LMPs moving closer to road cars. Expecting big things.

Here is a slightly better look.

IMG_20171215_133833.jpg

So this is what happens when you hear about LMPs moving closer to road cars. Expecting big things.
I wonder if this means LMP1 will become a spiritual successor to 90s GT1. The GT1 class of the 90s birthed some of the coolest homologation specials, including Toyota's own GT-One.

I can't get over the name Gazoo. It sounds so silly.
Maybe they misspelled kazoo.

I wonder if this means LMP1 will become a spiritual successor to 90s GT1. The GT1 class of the 90s birthed some of the coolest homologation specials, including Toyota's own GT-One.
Well, the next rule set for LMP1 will be a change to GT Proto where the cars will have styling influenced by production cars. Think somewhere between SuperGT and DPI. There will be standardisation of certain components to keep privateer costs down, but car manufacturers can make there own but to a predefined spec.

Several OEMs - Toyota, McLaren, Ford and Porsche - have expressed real interest in it. Aston Martin are hoping to use the Valkyrie at Le Mans but that still has several hurdles to go.

I can't get over the name Gazoo. It sounds so silly.

If it ever got released they would have to change the name for the western market because people will just laugh at you.

"It's a what?!...." "How much did you pay?!...."

After seeing the pictures above and the one I edited into previous post...I have to take back what I said. I don't like it nearly as much as I did. Side profile is beautiful, but then you get a look of that face straight on...and then the issues start.

I like it.

Looks really quite nice, far nicer than any of the other "track special"/Hyper car one-offs in it's class, much smoother and less fiddly in it's design. And that funky looking nose, well it's quite odd, but the more I look at it the more it grows on me.

Back