First Gran Turismo Sport Live Event of 2019 Set for Paris March 14–18

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 544 comments
  • 76,572 views
Paris street circuit would be great, like the one from GT4 had loads of fun there. We’ll see, don’t know if we getting content in February, so hopefully something in March maybe.:bowdown:
 
IMO, We'll never see a "real" city track on PS4. Too complex for the hardware.
 
IMO, We'll never see a "real" city track on PS4. Too complex for the hardware.

Is it really?It does take more work because of the varied scenery but i don't think its impossible,with the GTS light engine a city track would be mesmerizing.
 
Is it really?It does take more work because of the varied scenery but i don't think its impossible,with the GTS light engine a city track would be mesmerizing.
If only I were wrong and at the end it's just my assumptions. Though, look at Tokyo Expressway: it's all about procedural modeling. All the buildings look very good, with great textures but they are all generic with almost no handmade details. Compare these tracks to R246, the difference is huge.
Next gen is just around the corner so I guess that Poly will build the beloved city tracks ultra detailed for PS5.
 
We’ll see, don’t know if we getting content in February, so hopefully something in March maybe.
There are still 7 days until the end of February. There’s still some time.
 
For a second I saw the thumbnail and thought that Codemasters was announcing GRID 4 lol
 
Would like to see the Opera Circuit make a come back.
MG%2BTF%2B160%2B%252814%2529.JPG
 
Exciting, love watching these very entertaining!

Yeah the last few have been really fun to watch, its awesome that they are continuing the world tour.
 
This is good news, I really like the GT Sport live events, great racing all the way, way better than McLaren's Shadow Project. Let's hope @Jimmy B will be one of the commentators alongside Tom Brooks and/or Chris McCarthy.
 
This is good news, I really like the GT Sport live events, great racing all the way, way better than McLaren's Shadow Project. Let's hope @Jimmy B will be one of the commentators alongside Tom Brooks and/or Chris McCarthy.
Unfortunately Chris won’t be commentating this year:indiff:
 
If only I were wrong and at the end it's just my assumptions. Though, look at Tokyo Expressway: it's all about procedural modeling. All the buildings look very good, with great textures but they are all generic with almost no handmade details. Compare these tracks to R246, the difference is huge.
Next gen is just around the corner so I guess that Poly will build the beloved city tracks ultra detailed for PS5.
I'd say the reasoning for the Tokyo Expressway buildings being generic is that it doesn't represent any particular area, just Tokyo in general.

While R246 was in a very specific place.
 
I had PM’d him, he’s all well. Just not doing it this year.

Gotcha! Glad to hear he's OK. He definitely did a good job but if he doesn't want to do it, it's his decision that I respect.
In this case I hope that we get the Jimmer/Tom "Smooth as Silk voiced" Brooks team for the live events and the superstar races (if they're covered again).
 
Anyone know where this will be held(the venue) ? And if spectators are allowed?
 
When your friend gets this and he can’t get off from work
 

Attachments

  • A7AA408E-61C3-4789-A83E-DC03E3028034.jpeg
    A7AA408E-61C3-4789-A83E-DC03E3028034.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 144
Back