7 More Cars Added to GT Sport's PSN Store as Sony Lifts the Price Cap

I've just caught the pricing via the Australian PS Store, and updated the article accordingly.

For reference, the old price cap was AU$4.55, or $2.99 in the USA.

Ford GT40 - AU$4.55 ($2.99)
Vulcan, Veneno, P1 GTR, X2014 - AU$7.55 (~$4.99)
DB3S, Giulia - AU$14.95 (~$9.99)

Edit: Sorry, transposed my numbers there.

Last edited:
...I might get the Ford GT40 now since for me it's seems like it's downright impossible to me to get lucky with the daily car roulette thing, how does the car fares in the Nostalgic cup against each Ferraris and Jaguars? On Le Mans at least.
It's not eligible - it's a road car (N400), and that's for race cars (Gr.X). Although the AI use it.

Good.

Grinding sucks and I've put 100+ hours in the game and nowhere close getting all these cars with in game credits. The sport mode daily race payouts are awful and I only get dupes from the prize wheel, so just let me buy the cars after all this time.

Last edited:
I've just caught the pricing via the Australian PS Store, and updated the article accordingly.

For reference, the old price cap was AU$4.55, or $2.99 in the USA.

Ford GT40 - AU$4.55 ($2.99)
Vulcan, Veneno, P1 GTR, X2014 - AU$7.55 (~$4.99)
DB3S, Giulia - AU$14.55 (~$9.59)
Fear the (deserved) backlash. I can already see lots of articles on IGN, Eurogamer... 10 dollars for a car, I can't support Poly/Sony on that point.

Part of me is kinda annoyed that I chose to ‘invest’ ten million in the DB3 when I could’ve saved for the Jaguar XJ13. But for £8-9, whilst I can afford to waste that sort of money it would represent extremely poor value for money when I bought the whole game for £18!

Oh no. Lots of "gaming news" YouTube Channels will have a field day for this.

qqy8ap96fab21.jpg

Did they raise the price on the old cars?
Not to my knowledge. They still seem to be maxing out at the £2.49/$2.99/€2.99/¥300 we mentioned in the first article back in July.

However, I have the in-game messages disabled, so my familiarity with the store prices is patchy at best.

A step in the right Direction.

Please lift the Cap completely.
I refuse to do anymore grinding, which is a waste of time.
I bill out my time at $250.00 per hour.

The Best you can earn grinding is a little over 1 million credits per hour.
so it would take 15 plus hours of Actual Game time, just grinding to earn enough credits
to buy just one the 20,000,000 credit cars.
do the Math, How much is that 15 hours worth to me?
how much is it worth to you? 15 hours at even $5.00 per hour is $75

Put the 15,000,000 and 20,000,000 cars in the store for $14.95 or even $19.95 and I'll buy them all.

That is better than wasting even an hour of my time grinding.

Back