Bugatti's EB110-Inspired Centodieci Leaks Ahead of Pebble Beach Debut

They designed the Veyron and just stopped there, only adding tweaks, bits and bobs. How about an actual new model, and maybe something that's not a million dollars at the least? Maybe make it into the exclusive super luxury brand like Bentley or Rolls Royce. Put something in the $300-500k price range.

They designed the Veyron and just stopped there, only adding tweaks, bits and bobs. How about an actual new model, and maybe something that's not a million dollars at the least? Maybe make it into the exclusive super luxury brand like Bentley or Rolls Royce. Put something in the $300-500k price range.

Bugatti is all about excess, it has to be the fastest, the most powerful, the most expensive. Besides, Bentley is their own sibling so no reason for two VAG companies to compete against each other at that price. And the Chiron and Veyron are about as different as you could hope considering VW has had more important things to spend money on in the last few years (IE paying fines). I’m surprised they haven’t sold Bugatti off to the Chinese to be honest.

Just wait till the Bugatti SUV comes out...

But yes this is hideous, like all Bugatti one-offs ,and most of the one-offs from other megabuck$ brands for that matter (the Ferrari P80/C being a rare exception) they’re just designed for one person’s specific taste. The Sultan of Brunei’s many 90’s one-offs are looking better by the day.

The EB110 has a basic handsome shape penned by Marcello Gandini (Miura, Countach, Pantera, Diablo, etc.) that stands the test of time (in spite of some details like the vestigial horseshoe grille, which have not). The Centodieci is a Hot Wheels abomination!

Funny enough, I like everything except the front and rear. Something about the front end throws the entire design off, but I can't decide if its the headlights or the grille. The more I look at it, the more I suspect its the thin headlight strip that skews things to me.

I can't definitely see the EB110-like homage, but it doesn't translate especially well here.

It took me a while to digest but... it doesn't look that bad...

But that name... ugh... now that one is truly ugly. Ugly and unoriginal.

I'm not sure what to think. It feels a bit too faithful to the original, if you get what I mean. It's like when Smashmouth covered "Now I'm a Believer" by the Monkees, when I would've preferred a design that's more transformative, like Van Halen's cover of "Ice Cream Man" by John Brim. I mean, I wouldn't say I necessarily dislike this design either, though...

It's not like the EB110 was exactly a design home run — as much as kid-me liked it — but woof.

Maybe make it into the exclusive super luxury brand like Bentley or Rolls Royce.

It's already exclusive and super luxury, even in comparison to those. :confused:

Besides, Bentley is their own sibling so no reason for two VAG companies to compete against each other at that price.

It wouldn't be the first time: 911/R8, Panamera/A8/Flying Spur, the tons of common space in the VW/Seat/Skoda lineups...

It's not like the EB110 was exactly a design home run — as much as kid-me liked it — but woof.

It's already exclusive and super luxury, even in comparison to those. :confused:

It wouldn't be the first time: 911/R8, Panamera/A8/Flying Spur, the tons of common space in the VW/Seat/Skoda lineups...

That’s why I added “at that price”

Bentley has not made a hyper exclusive six figure vehicle since it became part of VAG as far as I’m aware since it would step on Bugatti’s toes since they both focus on luxurious speed, and when Lamborghini does it it’s something vastly different. I feel like Bentley is also the reason Bugatti haven’t made a sedan despite teasing it multiple times.

Of course, VAG has shown no qualms about the Q7/Cayenne/Bentayga/Urus siblings, which seem pretty lazy considering the price they sell for. And it seems like they’re going to proliferate the Porsche Taycan EV platform around the various premium brands as well.

Last edited:
It's like Bugatti took the worst elements of the Divo and La Voiture Noire and put them in a blender. Definitely not a looker, especially when trying to take inspiration from the EB110, which wasn't exactly stunningly pretty either.

I yet to see a bugatti that's pretty so is no surprise this one is ugly :indiff:
193c4ef02fc335b8907fc38e0268bc8d.jpg

1936_bugatti_type_57_two-light_ventoux_87823.jpg

orig_1732.jpg

I also like the Centodieci.

I really don't get the Chiron as an improvement on the Veyron aesthetically, much less a considerable one.

VAG managed to pull off something spectacularly understated for what the Veyron was (admittedly it became less understated as it was gradually updated). But then I'd argue that it wasn't actually understated for what it was, when what it was is merely a GT...just one capable of absurd acceleration and top end velocity.

The Chiron, on the other hand, is a substantially juvenile in its styling; scoops, scoops, vents and...oh yeah...more scoops. It's Ferrari's 458 to their 456, and I don't see that as an improvement.

Back