Bugatti's EB110-Inspired Centodieci Leaks Ahead of Pebble Beach Debut

Discussion in 'Auto News' started by GTPNewsWire, Aug 15, 2019 at 2:00 PM.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

Lubeify100 likes this.
  2. RandomCarGuy17

RandomCarGuy17

It looks like they meshed the EB110 body features on a Chiron and called it a day.

GTboyz, Inferno251, FoRiZon and 5 others like this.
  3. Just The Stig

Just The Stig

Is it just me or are Bugattis becoming uglier and uglier?

4. DesertPenguin

DesertPenguin Premium

They designed the Veyron and just stopped there, only adding tweaks, bits and bobs. How about an actual new model, and maybe something that's not a million dollars at the least? Maybe make it into the exclusive super luxury brand like Bentley or Rolls Royce. Put something in the $300-500k price range.

5. Bram Turismo

Bram Turismo Premium

Bugatti is becoming the prime example of people having too much money.

6. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk Premium

7. GTPGhost

GTPGhost

Damn, that is Ugly!!

8. TheNuvolari

TheNuvolari

As we, Hungarians say when we see or hear something bad:

Jaj.

Kuraudo and sanrensho like this.
  9. GranTurNismo

GranTurNismo Premium

This is a slap in the face to the EB110. The original EB110 was a beautiful car to look at, and this is just an ugly, over-styled mess.

10. Castrol96

Castrol96

Yeah, it's like a third party bodykit on a Chiron.

Inferno251 likes this.
  11. bloodyboyblue

bloodyboyblue

Bugatti is all about excess, it has to be the fastest, the most powerful, the most expensive. Besides, Bentley is their own sibling so no reason for two VAG companies to compete against each other at that price. And the Chiron and Veyron are about as different as you could hope considering VW has had more important things to spend money on in the last few years (IE paying fines). I’m surprised they haven’t sold Bugatti off to the Chinese to be honest.

Just wait till the Bugatti SUV comes out...

But yes this is hideous, like all Bugatti one-offs ,and most of the one-offs from other megabuck$ brands for that matter (the Ferrari P80/C being a rare exception) they’re just designed for one person’s specific taste. The Sultan of Brunei’s many 90’s one-offs are looking better by the day.

Inferno251 likes this.
  12. P0T5

P0T5

Ugly as hell looks like something the devs made at Rockstar Games

13. Lukanyon

Lukanyon

Looks like I'm the only one who liked it. Actually I liked it a lot more than the Chiron, Divo and LVN.

Doomotron and Snikle like this.
  14. McLaren

McLaren Premium

Hearing $8.9 million, and only 10 built. Wouldn’t be surprised if they were already sold out before debut. Easy $100 million in the bank for Bugatti.

Inferno251 and lancia delta hf like this.
  15. Nacho Libre

Nacho Libre

The EB110 has a basic handsome shape penned by Marcello Gandini (Miura, Countach, Pantera, Diablo, etc.) that stands the test of time (in spite of some details like the vestigial horseshoe grille, which have not). The Centodieci is a Hot Wheels abomination!

Inferno251 likes this.
  16. Terronium-12

Terronium-12 Moderator

Funny enough, I like everything except the front and rear. Something about the front end throws the entire design off, but I can't decide if its the headlights or the grille. The more I look at it, the more I suspect its the thin headlight strip that skews things to me.

I can't definitely see the EB110-like homage, but it doesn't translate especially well here.

17. CarGuru

CarGuru

This is certainly disappointing, but then again the EB110 was definitely not a looker either so...

18. MoLiEG

MoLiEG

It took me a while to digest but... it doesn't look that bad...

But that name... ugh... now that one is truly ugly. Ugly and unoriginal.

19. MIE1992

MIE1992

I'm not sure what to think. It feels a bit too faithful to the original, if you get what I mean. It's like when Smashmouth covered "Now I'm a Believer" by the Monkees, when I would've preferred a design that's more transformative, like Van Halen's cover of "Ice Cream Man" by John Brim. I mean, I wouldn't say I necessarily dislike this design either, though...

20. Heldenzeit

Heldenzeit

Just like it was in the 1920s.

21. Chikane

Chikane

I yet to see a bugatti that's pretty so is no surprise this one is ugly :indiff:

22. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Administrator

It's not like the EB110 was exactly a design home run — as much as kid-me liked it — but woof.

It's already exclusive and super luxury, even in comparison to those. :confused:

It wouldn't be the first time: 911/R8, Panamera/A8/Flying Spur, the tons of common space in the VW/Seat/Skoda lineups...

23. bloodyboyblue

bloodyboyblue

That’s why I added “at that price”

Bentley has not made a hyper exclusive six figure vehicle since it became part of VAG as far as I’m aware since it would step on Bugatti’s toes since they both focus on luxurious speed, and when Lamborghini does it it’s something vastly different. I feel like Bentley is also the reason Bugatti haven’t made a sedan despite teasing it multiple times.

Of course, VAG has shown no qualms about the Q7/Cayenne/Bentayga/Urus siblings, which seem pretty lazy considering the price they sell for. And it seems like they’re going to proliferate the Porsche Taycan EV platform around the various premium brands as well.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019 at 9:44 PM
  24. AudiMan2011

AudiMan2011 Contributing Writer

It's like Bugatti took the worst elements of the Divo and La Voiture Noire and put them in a blender. Definitely not a looker, especially when trying to take inspiration from the EB110, which wasn't exactly stunningly pretty either.

25. Snikle

Snikle

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also like the Centodieci.

26. TexRex

TexRex Premium

All ill-proportioned and...well...ugly. Doubly so for the Esders Type 41. Definitely not examples I'd select to exhibit Bugatti attractiveness.

27. Doomotron

Doomotron

Add me to the list of people who like it. I think it looks less pretty and more cool.

Lukanyon and Snikle like this.
  28. G.T.Ace

G.T.Ace

The Chiron is a huge step up from the Veyron. This thing on the other hand...

29. TexRex

TexRex Premium

I really don't get the Chiron as an improvement on the Veyron aesthetically, much less a considerable one.

VAG managed to pull off something spectacularly understated for what the Veyron was (admittedly it became less understated as it was gradually updated). But then I'd argue that it wasn't actually understated for what it was, when what it was is merely a GT...just one capable of absurd acceleration and top end velocity.

The Chiron, on the other hand, is a substantially juvenile in its styling; scoops, scoops, vents and...oh yeah...more scoops. It's Ferrari's 458 to their 456, and I don't see that as an improvement.

30. ROAD_DOGG33J

ROAD_DOGG33J Premium

That cheese grater on the side certainly did not transfer well.