Lewis Hamilton Time Trial DLC Coming to GT Sport, With Exclusive Rewards

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 618 comments
  • 82,588 views
The higher credit cap, is what I like the most. Will take some of the pressure off, buying a high credit car, if you can have a big chunk of credits left over.

Hopefully I'm fast enough to gold all the challenges. :lol:
 
Unlocking the Credit Limit Cap
Good news for players who are at the in-game Credits limit: achieving Gold or better results in all challenges will upgrade this limit from the original 20 million to 100 million!

Not the most useful feature for poor people like me. :lol:
 
Any insight as to which tires were used to achieve the base times?
 
Surely beating Hamilton at all ten tracks is next to impossible if he takes the game as seriously as that article suggests?

He's arguably the best racing driver of all time and we're just mere mortals!
 
I'm very interested for this DLC especially that Project 44 prize and the increased credit limit cap.

Should this cost 5 dollars or less then I'm going for it.

I'm quite surprised that they didn't feature the W08 for this one.
 
You know... I might still get it. As a sort of "tip" to Polyphony Digital. I used to buy paint DLC for Euro Truck Simulator 2, and even if I ended up not using them, since I bought the game for cheap it was a good way to keep supporting the developers for a game I kept playing and enjoying. Like "hey, this may not be a lot, but thanks, keep it going."

Of course, that's if it's not too expensive.
 
So we're essentially paying for a bunch of time trials, a higher credit cap and some cosmetically upgraded version of an existing in-game car.

Yeah that doesn't speak good value
 
Before you decide that the paid DLC only included time trials, consider that it could come with other content, likely as a November update itself.
 
Without Hamilton's name involved this time trial wouldn't be worth much, but it's a cool little challenge to beat the F1 champion. I'll be happy to pay for this one. Besides, PD has given us so much already that I feel like I need to support them.

I just hope they're not planning any physics update that will invalidate the lap times in the near future.
 
Before you decide that the paid DLC only included time trials, consider that it could come with other content, likely as a November update itself.

It would say if it did. It only states it specifcally within that mode.
 
Only if you also beat the challenges by the sound of it. ;) :lol:

Which technically makes it "Pay this amount to achieve what could be an impossible challenge just to have more in-game money".

Not the most sensible way to monetize DLC as far I can tell and it isn't made better by the fact that the other content is just cosmetics and slight tweaks to existing content (which I am willing to bet can easily be done in tuning and the livery editor.)
 
That's not how things work Poly. Instead of selling the new Porsche Taycan as a paid DLC (it's a new car, no problem), they want us to buy a serie of time trials. Just no.
My theory is PoDi don't want to sell cars as DLC to maintain equality between "Free to play" Players and "DLC" players, so each players can get and train every car in the game.
 
Back