GT Sport Update 1.50 Arrives, With New Lewis Hamilton Content and the Return of Ruf

The Maestro...

rovermaestro_739_500_70.jpg

The RUF is totally unexpected surprise. Good to see PD hadn't completely forgotten the brand now that we got Porsche. Wish it's the Clubsport model with the rear spoiler though (I blame Driveclub for getting me used to this version :P). I feel this is gonna be the new meta for N500.

The M3 E46, I seem to remember that Silbergrau is actually grey in previous games but here it looks a bit bluish :odd: Similar issue to the F1 GTR's stock paintjob. Is it actually like that IRL or my pleb non-HDR TV can't display the colour properly?

The facelift GT86, meh.

The RX7, I'm glad it's put under RE Amemiya instead of getting lumped with 'Gran Turismo' like the Amuse S2000. I also feel this is the new meta for N300.

Haven't driven the Jag yet.

Was looking forward to Laguna Seca, Supra Gr.4 and Lambo VGT but probably will come next month. There is still the empty slot in FIA Manu's last race at the end of December after all.

I wait for info did they change tyre requirements and if the hybrid compound still counts as 2 used tyre type. :)

#1st xd

I want to know this too. It doesn't say in the patch notes and I'm deferring practice for Saturday's FIA until the update. Guess we won't know for sure until the race itself then :grumpy:

I also see the wallriding infested TTs have not been reset 👎

Did anyone else buy the Lewis Hamilton time trials but aren’t able to access them??

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_4899188.html

Other Improvements and Adjustments
- The regenerative braking control of the 'Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo' has been adjusted;
- The deadzone for the throttle and brake pedals while driving using a Fanatec® steering wheel controller has been increased;
- The force feedback caused by understeering while driving using a Fanatec® steering wheel controller has been adjusted;
- Various other issues have been addressed.

I'm still wondering about the Supra. The N24 car is not officially a GT4 car. It ran in the SP8T class and is known as the GR Supra. This one however, is the GT4 car

It's still undergoing testing at various circuits( Nurburgring, Alcarras, Valencia, Calafat, Jarama) before delivery to European teams in March. That will be about 6 months since the GT4 car started testing(September and official sales announcement, this past October). We have a few Toyota 86s in Brand Central. So far, we have two Supras, with a third on the way. I would bet on a fourth A90, in the near future.

For anyone who managed to get Diamond on the Hamilton TT challenges, does the LH Edition AMG VGT have the same base power/weight as the stock AMG VGT?

Last edited:
An Italian word to an English driver? I guess "The Master" sounded too conventional...

Maestro is more of a honorific while Master is a word. Also in English we use 'Master' as the title for boys under 18.

'Master Hamilton' would be an insult to an adult.

viva l'italia ue ... ahahah

confirmed that there is no laguna .. aimed at those who have already installed and run the latest update?

It's an honorific to signify being a master of a trade. It's the end of the apprentice/journeyman line.

Unless you don't think being a 6 time world champion is the top of that trade?
An Italian word to an English driver? I guess "The Master" sounded too conventional...

https://www.gtplanet.net/lamborghini-reveals-lambo-v12-vision-gt-coming-to-gt-sport-in-spring-2020/
Considering that it takes 6 months to make 1 car, this seems reasonable
Not very original. Fangio has ben called like that since decades, just like for example Prost "the professor" or Lauda "the computer" or Senna "magic"
Should search for another one for Hamilton.
Also pretty sure the word is spanish, Fangio was argentinian.

Last edited:
Warning small rant included
So my opinion on the update
BMW M3 E46 welcome back old friend with the treatment you deserve.
Jaguar VGT looking forward to it.
Re Amemiya RX-7 nice return im not a fan of it but that may change like with many others cars in GTS.
RUF CTR3 RUF is back yayyyy! (Fun fact thats the first update to thair GT lineup since GT4)
Toyota GT86 Limited why just why? not only is it a needless duplicate but also brings me flashbacks of GT6 when we got that 🤬🤬 Gazoo Racing 86 instead of the LFA! (and yes im still bothered by that) what makes it worse is that we never got a proper racing LFA since the planned RM for GT5 was thrown in the bin and the RC F covers that spot in GTS .But besides that they could of brought GT Auto back giving the option of either the 2015 or the 2019 kits (that goes for all the duplicates) rather than adding the entire car to a huge 100GB+ game but being smart is not something they do often at PD. As for Laguna Seca im not even disapointed i knew it wasen't coming someone at playstation just 🤬 up , and im going to buy the LH DLC just because i have some change that are going to expire soon anyway and then watch myself not even able to get silver due to how 🤬 worthless i am so hey no upgraded credit cap for me 👍

I only started getting my hopes up for Laguna when it was announced it would be in the update. As always, grateful for what we have been given, but a shame Playstation Twitter and the World Tour both saying LS was in the next update raised expectations.

SO......who has finished the LH DLC already and can show off the new car?

I’m pretty sour about no Laguna Seca...

It would have been great if it was in, but for now I'm doing fine without it. However, the premature announcement on Playstation's part doesn't sit right with me at all. Mistakes might happen, but this is still quite unprecedented.

I cannot think of any previous example where an official source confirms the release of something and then delivers nothing without a word on the matter. It's a matter of credibility and they seemingly don't care. Not good.

It would have been great if it was in, but for now I'm doing fine without it. However, the premature announcement on Playstation's part doesn't sit right with me at all. Mistakes might happen, but this is still quite unprecedented.

I cannot think of any previous example where an official source confirms the release of something and then delivers nothing without a word on the matter. It's a matter of credibility and they seemingly don't care. Not good.

I Agree, and that’s why I’m sour. Not because it wasn’t included, but because it was announced as being included and then it didn’t happen. That was basically the only thing I was looking forward to in this update other than the RX7.

Last edited:
This seemed like such a big update a week ago lol.

It's a rhetorical question, but do you still get regular corner cutting penalties in the LH time trial, or did they change that? Didn't see anywhere that it was different but wanted to confirm.

...I'd understand if they'd ask 3-5$ per car pack (even though game didn't have a lot of cars, many people would still buy it), but this!?!? And naming Hamilton Maestro... rofl
...so as it seems PD didn't wanna ask for $ from their loyal fans for 2 years, but when Hamilton has something to do, it wasn't PD for sure that asked for additional payment...

Maestro was Fangio, Maestro was Senna... Hamilton is crybaby as almost every other F1 driver of today... hands down to some of the older drivers that are still there...

Last edited:
Back