More Classic Gran Turismo Circuits Might Return for GT7

I'd be fine if they brought them all back, but only if they get notable changes to better-accommodate online racing, like we can sort of see for Trial Mountain. That said, I don't think Apricot Hill needs much in the way of changes, whereas something like High Speed Ring could likely use more run-off areas.

I do hope, at the least, most of the courses introduced in the PS3 era return, like Madrid, London, the revised Rome circuit, and especially stuff like Ascari, the Goodwood Hillclimb (perhaps appearing alongside the circuit), and Circuito de la Sierra.

As for the narrower city courses that could only hold two cars at a time in GT4, I'd prefer those be turned into point-to-point time attack stages, like George V Paris.

We should consider that many of these courses from the PS1 and PS2 eras were made for six cars, whereas some courses in GTS alone can hold four times as that, at least in theory. GT7 could potentially serve even more vehicles at once, so I think many of the circuits will need to have some notable changes. Redesigns happen to real circuits all the time - Le Mans, Spa-Francorchamps, Monza, and Fuji being notable examples - so why should the GT-original circuits be exempt from this real-world facet of track design?

Last edited:
Apricot Hill Raceway! :drool:

I find that the original tracks are part of what has made Gran Tourismo the series it is, leaving them out one by one felt like going further and further astray from the formula that made this series so amazing. So original tracks returning makes me feel all fuzzy and warm inside...and my purse lose.

In general, I feel Gran Turismo should go back a little mixing original content with real life content, not focusing on just one of them.

Red Rock Valley, Grindelwald and Eiger Nordwand please. And Complex String.

There's no reason to exclude any of them, particularly ones not based in a real location. It's not like there is a licencing issue, is there?

Apricot Hill Raceway! :drool:

I find that the original tracks are part of what has made Gran Tourismo the series it is, leaving them out one by one felt like going further and further astray from the formula that made this series so amazing. So original tracks returning makes me feel all fuzzy and warm inside...and my purse lose.

In general, I feel Gran Turismo should go back a little mixing original content with real life content, not focusing on just one of them.

Yes, Apricot Hill, Midfield Raceway or Autumn ring are always welcome !
With a PS5 quality, city tracks like Seattle, Tokyo R246 or even the Old Rome (GT3) could be amazing.

Red Rock Valley, Grindelwald and Eiger Nordwand please. And Complex String.

There's no reason to exclude any of them

Well most weren't even in the previous couple games, so it's not about the effort to exclude them but to include them. Plus, Complex String isn't really necessary, they'd probably find it easier to make a new one if they chose.

More than any, Grand Valley Speedway.

I'd love to see Special Stages Route 5 and 11 return, though as they were kind of early visions of a street race on a Japanese expressway - would PD feel that they still fit in with the real-life Tokyo Expressway courses?

The Tokyo Expressway circuits are not replicas of real sectors but are freely inspired by various sections. In this sense they are not very different from the Special Stage Routes.

The one that is a circuit that recreates real roads is Tokyo R246.

why do you live in the past? stop being nostalgic.
if all those old maps came, they would be interesting for 2 weeks...
I would rather like 10 completely new original maps.
if you want old maps, fire up old games and thats it.

Nothing wrong with bringing back nostalgia from older games. I don’t think interest in returning old favourite tracks would disappear after just 2 weeks (if anything don’t think it would at all) and also some people who used to have the older games no longer have access to the older tracks. Of course, it’s good to have a mix of new tracks plus the older favourites to keep the overall fanbase happy who wants new stuff but also keeping the nostalgia factor.

For me, the most interesting part of GT are the original tracks. If there are only 1-2 original tracks in GT7, I'd rather play something on PC, may be forza, as GT is the only reason I buy a console. PS4 was a bad purchase in those terms.

You must be having a really bad day. I understand you, Ivann...

Considering what they have done with GT Sport with regards to tracks from previous games, I wouldn't get too many hopes up for tracks, especially PD designed tracks from previous games. It was something that should have been easier to do, imho. Is it harder to replicate reality, or create a reality! :confused: :rolleyes:

Btw, how funny would it have been if it had said "GT Simulation Mode returns in Gran Turismo 7, along with classic vehicles and track". :eek: :lol:

I'd be fine if they brought them all back, but only if they get notable changes to better-accommodate online racing, like we can sort of see for Trial Mountain. That said, I don't think Apricot Hill needs much in the way of changes, whereas something like High Speed Ring could likely use more run-off areas.

I do hope, at the least, most of the courses introduced in the PS3 era return, like Madrid, London, the revised Rome circuit, and especially stuff like Ascari, the Goodwood Hillclimb (perhaps appearing alongside the circuit), and Circuito de la Sierra.

As for the narrower city courses that could only hold two cars at a time in GT4, I'd prefer those be turned into point-to-point time attack stages, like George V Paris.

We should consider that many of these courses from the PS1 and PS2 eras were made for six cars, whereas some courses in GTS alone can hold four times as that, at least in theory. GT7 could potentially serve even more vehicles at once, so I think many of the circuits will need to have some notable changes. Redesigns happen to real circuits all the time - Le Mans, Spa-Francorchamps, Monza, and Fuji being notable examples - so why should the GT-original circuits be exempt from this real-world facet of track design?
George V was perfectly fine for circuit racing. Now Citta d’Aria would work better as a point-to-point rally stage

George V was perfectly fine for circuit racing. Now Citta d’Aria would work better as a point-to-point rally stage
You sure you don’t mean Opera Paris?

I prefer the real tracks. Too bad Motegi has been damaged and it seems they were not able to repair it.
I think only the oval was damaged, and when Indycar came to Motegi after the 2011 earthquake - the cause of the oval’s damage - the road course was used instead.

It's great to hear that so many classic tracks are going to come back in GT7. Some of them have been in all, let's say, "GT Number" games, that's amazing.

However, I bought Project Cars 2 two months ago and I have to recognise that its track list is, in my opinion, far better than the one in GTS, or even GT6. I would say this because of the variaty of real locations (even though I still miss race tracks in Africa and America -which is not only USA-) and layouts. I haven't even driven fictional circuits in PC2.

What I want to say is that, this piece of news is of course positive, but I think (and I do not know if this is a pupolar opinion), that I would be more excited if Polyphony reveals new real venues. Let's wait and see what GT7 brings!

Latest Posts

Back