3D3 Racing: WRS-based races moved to new WRS sub-forum!

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 2,120 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pencil me in for the EU session, in the stock Red. I'll see how I go with actually being awake and functional, but it'd be nice to try. I'll fling an FR just in case.

I expect to be passed/lapped a lot (particularly with the EU crowd listed!), so I'll just try to allow safe passes and follow faster drivers.

You're in 👍

I'll add you to my PSN list, or just add me if you are on before that.
You should add GTP_WRP001 (Tim) as well, as he hosts as well.

Se you on the track 👍

Marc

Edit - Sorry, thought I hit "edit", not "quote"....Bad Hydro.....bedtime for :dunce: ;)

Last edited:
If you.don't mind me asking, what kind of times are you guys getting in your practice sessions? I've been approximately 1 sec average slower than my times in WRS.

Not expecting a good finish tonght.

G'day chaps. :) Any spaces left? EU time slot. I hadn't figured on such a bit time difference :dunce:

Are you running a standard setup for everyone or is that just to help out non-tuners?

I haven't run online competition for ages so may race-craft may be rusty I'm afraid. Although I was under the impression that the disparity between online and offline physics was fixed in a patch some time ago...? Is that not the case?

Edit - Jaguar Racing Green Metallic is the colour if I'm in. :)

Edit edit - actually either time slot should be ok. Or even both of them... :P

Last edited:
G'day chaps. :) Any spaces left? EU time slot. I hadn't figured on such a bit time difference :dunce:

Are you running a standard setup for everyone or is that just to help out non-tuners?

I haven't run online competition for ages so may race-craft may be rusty I'm afraid. Although I was under the impression that the disparity between online and offline physics was fixed in a patch some time ago...? Is that not the case?

You are in 👍
Welcome Chris!

We try to post setups to help with the transition from offline to online, esp. for those who can't get in much online practice, but there is no standard setup on weeks where tuning is allowed (ie: non-Arcade cars).
I haven't found a car yet that behaves properly online with an offline tune. :(
Just remember to lose the ballast from the WRS event so that your car weighs in at 861 Kg for this event.
The tunes I post are more about increasing control, so feel free to jump in with some advice. Your tunes wind up on a lot of my WRS cars as it is ;) 👍

I'll add you on PSN, the room will open aroud 6:45 pm GMT, perhaps a bit earlier, to allow for practice time.

You are welcome to join both at this point. Much like the OMRS, if either timeslot fills up, priority will be to let the drivers who haven't raced yet into the event.
We haven't had a full field yet, but we are getting very close 👍

If you.don't mind me asking, what kind of times are you guys getting in your practice sessions? I've been approximately 1 sec average slower than my times in WRS.

Not expecting a good finish tonght.

If I remeber correctly, 1'55's were pretty normal, with the faster drivers getting into 1'54's, and I think a 1'53 at one point.

I'm about a second slower than the WRS times I ran as well.
We ran a 10 lap race yesterday, and most drivers were pretty close at that point.
Unless you clip the wall at the T2 chicane, which basically stops you, it looks like it will be a tight, close race.
All the cars had quite a bit of damage :sly:

Last edited:
Thanks Marc 👍

Just had an hour spare so got a few laps practice in online.... jeebus, huge difference in handling with the same setup. I'm tweaking my 'offline' WRS setup to find a good balance with the different physics. Will post it when I'm happy. :) I've just set a 1'54.029 so quite a way from my WRS pace at the mo.

Can I just confirm the time, will it be the same as last week, 8pm BST which is GMT +1, we still have a week or so left of BST so I'm just making sure.

Can I just confirm the time, will it be the same as last week, 8pm BST which is GMT +1, we still have a week or so left of BST so I'm just making sure.

That's correct. Until BST ends on the 30th of Oct., races will be at 8PM BST (GMT+1). 👍
I'm pretty sure your post meant BDT, not BST?
Edit -Daylight vs. Summer vs, Standard mix up (Thanks for the notice Chris)

Thanks Marc 👍

Just had an hour spare so got a few laps practice in online.... jeebus, huge difference in handling with the same setup. I'm tweaking my 'offline' WRS setup to find a good balance with the different physics. Will post it when I'm happy. :) I've just set a 1'54.029 so quite a way from my WRS pace at the mo.

Anytime 👍
Drives like it's on ice with my offline tune ;)

Last edited:
I've got a work thing in 30 minutes but I got done with my 24H last night so I might show up if I'm back home before you start. I haven't had a chance to try this combo out either off- or on-line but I'd be happy to start at the rear and just try to hang on. Bob is driving an ugly samba red car around Indy at the moment but it probably won't be at full HP since I don't have access to any endurance events in b-spec.

Edit - Jaguar Racing Green Metallic is the colour if I'm in. :)

@Chris. I'm adding GTP_Vagabond to both drivers lists. I'll send you a friend request on PSN as I host the NA event. If you can't make either race that's fine as we're not full... of course would love to have you race with us for both. You can use whatever setup works, but I'm using your setup from WRS with a +15 rear ride height... we have found generally that the low rear ride height doesn't always work online like it does offline. Low ride heights also tends to eat tires like a meat grinder (if I remember correctly) which is not an issue this week, but was for DTMs @ GP/F.

That's correct. Until BDT ends on the 30th of Oct., races will be at 8PM BDT (GMT+1). 👍
I'm pretty sure your post meant BDT, not BST?
Anytime 👍
Drives like it's on ice with my offline tune ;)

@Hydro. Times... man it gets confusing with all these time zones and daylight savings, etc. Your plan is to host the EU event at 3:00 PM Eastern Time every week whether you're in daylight or standard time correct? Or are you going to adjust the time with BDT/BST to keep time consistent in UK?

I've got a work thing in 30 minutes but I got done with my 24H last night so I might show up if I'm back home before you start. I haven't had a chance to try this combo out either off- or on-line but I'd be happy to start at the rear and just try to hang on. Bob is driving an ugly samba red car around Indy at the moment but it probably won't be at full HP since I don't have access to any endurance events in b-spec.

OK, I'll add you to the EU slot... I assume that's what you're running. It's frustrating how long it takes to break the little thing in. I tried to do it myself early last week running seasonals and finally just turned it over to my Bobs. Still didn't get past 249 until Sunday.

Last edited:

If you have the higher level B-spec races available, just run the car in any of the longer races.
I think I ran mine in the Dream Car Event at Monza a few times.

@Hydro. Times... man it gets confusing with all these time zones and daylight savings, etc. Your plan is to host the EU event at 3:00 PM Eastern Time every week whether you're in daylight or standard time correct? Or are you going to adjust the time with BDT/BST to keep time consistent in UK?

Don't I know it :lol:
I'm planning to keep it 3 pm eastern time regardless of what the Time Bandits do to our clocks in Oct / Nov, unless it makes the time a problem for the other drivers.
It can always be adjusted a bit 👍
They could at least "standard"ize the language :dunce:

Edit: Check this out - Tim, bullet point #6!

Last edited:
Quite the field for the events today... :gtpflag: ... Still a few slots open in both time slots for last minute entries!!

NA Race Slot (10:00 PM EDT / 7:00 PM PDT)
  1. GTP_CSL...........
    badge_division_1.png
    ....Lime Green
  2. GTP_Vagabond......
    badge_division_1.png
    ....Jaguar Racing Green Metallic
  3. GTPcats_pajamas...
    badge_division_2.png
    ....Blue
  4. GTP_Speedy6543....
    badge_division_2.png
    ....Matte Green
  5. GTP_MadMax86......
    badge_division_2.png
    ....Blue Mica w/Red & Black Rims
  6. GTP_EDK...........
    badge_division_2.png
    ....Plum Crazy
  7. GTP_WRP001........
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Yellow w/Yellow Rims (Yellow w/Yellow Rims)
  8. GTP_Hydro.........
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Monaco Blue w/Orange Rims
  9. GTP_Gravitron.....
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Black w/Orange Rims
  10. GTP_LeftyWright...
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Red Something
  11. GTP_MilleRSVR.....
    badge_division_4.png
    ....Orange Something

EU Race Slot (3:00 PM EDT / 12:00 PM PDT)
  1. GTP_w-g-e.........
    badge_division_1.png
  2. GTP_Vagabond......
    badge_division_1.png
    ....Jaguar Racing Green Metallic
  3. GTP_Yanaran.......
    badge_division_1.png
    ....Samba Red
  4. GTP_MadMax86......
    badge_division_2.png
    ....Blue Mica w/Red & Black Rims
  5. GTP_Speedy6543....
    badge_division_2.png
    ....Matte Green
  6. GTP_Hydro.........
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Monaco Blue w/Orange Rims
  7. GTP_WRP001........
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Yellow
  8. GTP_Sjaak.........
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Blue w/Yellow Rims (Yellow w/Yellow Rims)
  9. GTP_ealirendur....
    badge_division_3.png
    ....Red
  10. GTP_NINE_HUNDRED..
    badge_division_4.png
    ....Almandinrot

Everyone on the list above understands:
  1. We're doing 26 laps (1 Formation Lap + 25 Race Laps)
  2. On rolling start the leader (fastest qualifier) will be given clear signal verbally by a race steward and must accelerate to race speed before start/finish line
  3. One pit stop is required (between Lap 10 and 20 -- lap numbers include formation lap so just go by screen display)
  4. Stewards plan to announce "pits open next lap" and "pit close after this lap" as reminders during the race.
  5. We have a pretty large field so mics should be used very sparingly during race. You can/should use the mic for example if you see a pile up you can announce it or if someone is on your tail and you are coming in for a pit you can announce that for example so they don't ram into you. Use the mic or keyboard as much as you want during pre-race practice and quali and please ask any questions if you have them before the race start.
  6. Speaking of pit entry, it's quick around the last corner, but you should have time to dive inside before slowing much which should prevent someone right behind you from punting you as they will be going very wide to make the final corner. I would suggest practicing a pit entry at least once during quali or on your own just so you know where it is and the best line to get in the entry.
  7. If you cannot join until the last minute just be sure to enter the lounge and "Enter Course" before we start the countdown for race mode. Both Hydro and I will check GTPlanet PMs and this thread about 2-3 mins before the race countdown is set so let us know if you are cutting it close (we'll wait a minute) or have to cancel (we won't wait).

Last edited:
Thanks Tim, I'll do my level best to be present for both. Just had a good practice run to get a setup. Settled on this:

LSD
5/9/7

Suspension
-9/-25
14.2/11.5
5/4
5/4
5/5

2.2/1.3
-0.34/0.00

Brakes
4/4 ABS 3

Transmission
Full custom
Set Max speed @ 124mph

Just set a 1'53.320 with it and its probably good for a 1'53.0
Mind the power on over-steer if you get on the power too early though.

Just set a 1'53.320 with it and its probably good for a 1'53.0

You should familiarize yourself with the pole sitters procedure for the formation lap and race start with a time like that. :bowdown:

I'm jumping for joy if I see a 1'54.XXX on the screen and mostly do laps in the 1'55 and 1'56 range. It's too late now to try any new setup as I just have too much muscle memory with the current setup.

My streak of consecutive 3D3 podium finishes was bound to come to an end at some point. :sly:

EDIT:

@All: Regardless of previous discussions in the thread Active Steering IS allowed for this race and will not be disabled in the lounge. Nobody is required to use it, but it's allowed. We may change that rule for future events since it's easy to disable in a lounge, but it was in the regs all week and you are allowed to use it for this event.

:sly: Its not over 'til its over mate. Not likely I can hold that pace for 25 laps anyway....

So does this kick off at 8pm? (BST GMT+1)... sorry to labour the point.

:sly: Its not over 'til its over mate. Not likely I can hold that pace for 25 laps anyway....

So does this kick off at 8pm? (BST GMT+1)... sorry to labour the point.

Qualifying starts 56 minutes from now... if that helps... Hydro may open the lounge early for extra practice and then reset the room at the start of quali to clear lap times.

Given the size of the field 👍 and the spread across divisions 👍, we're going to be sending prizes to the overall winner and the winner of each division for this weeks event (both EU and NA). I updated the event post to organize the driver list by division so you can review to see who you are competing against.

My plan is still to beat everyone, but at least the rest of you can shoot for your division wins. :lol:

I'm gonna head into my lobby shortly for some practice, anyone feel free to join and/or add me then join. :cheers:

You forgot to mention your sparkling orange rims :lol: :P

Last minute adjustment :lol:
Thought it might give me a bit of speed, but all it did was make my car look silly :D

Pekka drove the entire race with headlights and windshield wipers on :lol:
Classic 👍

EU Results:

3D3_20110928_Event4_Results_EU-1.jpg

It was a really fun race for me personally. Close battles with Speedy and Hydro early and then Speedy and I had a good battle for 5th for the last few laps. The battle for 3rd was also within a second. 👍

Last edited:
EU Results:
You forgot to add about 200 seconds of penalties to me for all the graffiti I left on the walls...

...And it wasn't so much a "battle" for third, I just tried to keep up with sjaak, "följa John" we call it in Swedish :sly:

You forgot to add about 200 seconds of penalties to me for all the graffiti I left on the walls...

But then we all get 200 seconds of penalties :P

I clipped the left wall exiting the T2 chicane and lost sooo much time, I'll take that as my penalty!
Man that hurt :(

But then we all get 200 seconds of penalties :P

I clipped the left wall exiting the T2 chicane and lost sooo much time, I'll take that as my penalty!
Man that hurt :(

I was hoping you would do it again when you started pulling away after our little battle :sly:

Have to withdraw from race tonjght. Need to.get up for work at 1:30. I'll try again next week.

Yeah that was fun. Thanks for organising and hosting to Marc and Tim :cheers:

Pekka had me sweating there for the first 6 laps or so, then again on lap 10 or 11 when I spun out at the hairpin. My first online race for about 6 months but makes me want to race more often again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back