5 reasons GT6 is a PS4 game

• Thread starter Mulan
  • 709 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got beef with #2. Gran turismo would look amazing with current graphics if it were consistent. Gt6 on ps3 could be just amazing if it were consistent, consistent car quality, consistent track quality, better car list, better track list, customization, and various other things could make gt6 heavenly without improving the graphics at all. I'm perfectly fine with the great graphics gt5 has, just drive a premium on the ring, it's fantastic as long as there's no standards.

I was thinking the same thing when I read that. I managed to enjoy GT2 immensely with the same graphics as GT1 and the addition of many more tracks and cars. GT4 had slight improvements in graphics over GT3, but it was worthy more because of its change in content and features.

It's pretty evident that those that want GT6 for the PS4 just want it more for the graphics. Physics, content, sound, etc. should be able to improve with the PS3 just fine.

Other than that, reason number 1 is really the only sensible reason on why GT6 would be made for the PS4. I can think of many more reasons on why it's possible for it to be on the PS3.

If GT6 is on a ps3, I hope they can fix the shadows and screen tearing in weathers.

GT6 should have the capabilities of GT5 prologue, which had nothing but premium quality content.

Also people need to get it out of their head that a PS4 game would be a revolution of the GT series, that the new hardware would bring huge drastic changes to the table because history suggests otherwise. There has already been two generational leaps during GT production and except keeping up with graphical advances the gGT game as we know it hasn't changed greatly changed at all. The formula is basically the same so those expecting a radical new GT because PD have access to better hardware need to have a rethink.

GT5 is not 🤬, it is just sub par compared to what GT fans normally expect. From someone who had never played a single GT game before, I think they would be amazed.

I can attest to that statement. I've been playing Forza since the first entry in the series and just came over to GT last week. I'm actually working on an unbiased review on my blog (not sure who's winning at this point, as I haven't added the scores thus far, lol).

GT5 has some really cool things that I've never seen before, like the B-spec races for one. I actually really enjoy those, even if it is "unpolished". I like it and spend quite a bit of time bouncing between that, A-spec, and the special events.

I have actually become a fan of the GT series. If this is "sub-par", then I'm even more excited to see what's going to come down the pipeline for updates and in GT6.

I can attest to that statement. I've been playing Forza since the first entry in the series and just came over to GT last week. I'm actually working on an unbiased review on my blog (not sure who's winning at this point, as I haven't added the scores thus far, lol).

GT5 has some really cool things that I've never seen before, like the B-spec races for one. I actually really enjoy those, even if it is "unpolished". I like it and spend quite a bit of time bouncing between that, A-spec, and the special events.

I have actually become a fan of the GT series. If this is "sub-par", then I'm even more excited to see what's going to come down the pipeline for updates and in GT6.

I'm glad you've become a fan. What he said has a bit of merit to it. If you're amazed by GT5, I can only think that GT6 will amaze you much more. I don't want to speak for all GT fans, but personally GT5 have fallen very, very flat on their usual varieties in events compared to their previous installments. GT5's whole framework just seems something that was done at the last moment.

GT5 is like a potential bomb that needs to explode. It has all the features we could dream of like weather and day/night transition. The only thing that's left is to put them to more use, at a more consistent basis.

You, my friend, need to go back and relish a play-through of GT2. I think that was the racing game that started the modern era of racing games. GT1 being the pinnacle of the era before (but focused on Japanese cars instead of Super cars).

But I'm glad you've become a fan. GT5 isn't that bad, but it could certainly be a lot better.

In the current gen, you could say we've had our 2 games spec 1 & 2. With the ability of the psn, there's no need to release 2 games that are similar over one console life unless it real becomes stale, constant updates and paid content would keep a game going. As GT5 was late by years, no time for a ps3 release (and the same 2+ years lifespan that we all love) ps4 release with years of play then GT7 to end the ps4s great life.

In the current gen, you could say we've had our 2 games spec 1 & 2. With the ability of the psn, there's no need to release 2 games that are similar over one console life unless it real becomes stale, constant updates and paid content would keep a game going. As GT5 was late by years, no time for a ps3 release (and the same 2+ years lifespan that we all love) ps4 release with years of play then GT7 to end the ps4s great life.

I don't know about you, but GT5 has become stale. Adding tracks and cars through DLC would be almost meaningless if there are barely any events that cover it. Plus, they're costly.

The only type of updates that we'll probably have are bug fixes. If you're hoping for a dramatic change in the game's framework, design, and what not, that's more likely going to happen in GT6, rather than a "free" update. GT5 Spec two gave us a bunch of new "side" features and slight tweakings, not necessarily new events, and whatnot. I wouldn't bet on a Spec 3 to change the game any more dramatic.

As long as the A-spec/offline events don't change, GT5 will always bring the same amount of excitement. It's up to each of us on how much we can keep up with that "excitement." Personally, I'm dying to see something fresh and new.

Here's one reason why it's gonna be on the PS3, it's already next Gen! Despite RAM, the PS3 is far superior than most machines out there. This thing has a 6 core processor, what do you know of that has that kinda power? Not to mention natively supporting the highest capacity medium out there (Blu Ray), even if it's Sony made.

The PS3 has a long time to go.

Bluntified
Here's one reason why it's gonna be on the PS3, it's already next Gen! Despite RAM, the PS3 is far superior than most machines out there. This thing has a 6 core processor, what do you know of that has that kinda power? Not to mention natively supporting the highest capacity medium out there (Blu Ray), even if it's Sony made.

Well 6 core isn't that much. I've got double that in my Mac!

daus26
I don't know about you, but GT5 has become stale. Adding tracks and cars through DLC would be almost meaningless if there are barely any events that cover it. Plus, they're costly.

The only type of updates that we'll probably have are bug fixes. If you're hoping for a dramatic change in the game's framework, design, and what not, that's more likely going to happen in GT6, rather than a "free" update. GT5 Spec two gave us a bunch of new "side" features and slight tweakings, not necessarily new events, and whatnot. I wouldn't bet on a Spec 3 to change the game any more dramatic.

As long as the A-spec/offline events don't change, GT5 will always bring the same amount of excitement. It's up to each of us on how much we can keep up with that "excitement." Personally, I'm dying to see something fresh and new.

I ment before, that GT6 will start this trend better with updates. Seasonal was good but need more at a time (5 races font cut it & time trails should be a constant challenge like N4S autolog has done) GT5 tried but to much needed fixing first, If GT6 is near complete then they can work on large DLC, Spec 2 & 3 and Online. It could last alot longer if they add more as it goes, even if it means paying for the track & cars but they come with more a-spec and stuff. People buy COD when it's basically just new maps and a few more features, why not just add them as DLC, like adding Porsche dlc but adding Porsche Cup series, historic Le Mans races, and race rival event to go with the DLC. Starting GT6 on PS3 wouldn't be an option as PD keep updating and developing the game (good or bad that's what they do) given that everyone's talking about PS Orbis and Xbox Durango, I wouldn't of thought they would stay on this either, other developers have mentioned about working on the next gen systems for new games. GRID 2 will be the last real racing game for PS3

It's not the cores that PS3 is mainly lacking, it's the RAM. That's why there won't be a significant improvement in performance.

And Prologue was only fraction of what GT5 has become. No weather, no smoke and suddenly the engine gets freed up to show shadows smoothly.

They just tried to cram in too many things too fast with GT5. Maybe a little optimization can be done, but don't expect too much.

I actually agree with the OP, that they should concentrate on GT6 on PS4 and make it a launch title. They can still update GT5 to a spec 3, if they see some easy fixes, and meanwhile earn money with some DLC. I think it's the better strategy for them.

Seriously, you think Spec 2 was as good as a new game? Not even close, it was very weak content wise and added nothing to the single player career mode.

It doesn't have a 6 core processor and it's not far superior to anything, it's ancient in the tech world. It doesn't matter how cutting edge something is, the PS3 could have been far better than it was and cost $1500, it would still be outdated 6 years later.

SimonK
Seriously, you think Spec 2 was as good as a new game? Not even close, it was very weak content wise and added nothing to the single player career mode.

Well yeh, miss worded it. What I ment was that with this gen and next, PD doesn't need 2 games on this platform as they can just update and add but GT5 was so far behind Spec 2 was what spec1 should of been and spec 2 should of been new things. But GT6 spec 2 would add new stuff. Ps2/1 had no Internet so no updates, once the game was out, the next one was to improve and add on what they had. But now the game could be kept alive through updates and DLC with more money too if there's a lot to Buy (I would buy all of there worth it - 20+ cars few track and new event for a good some, times that by amount of packs and the value of a new game would of been reached) just got to get GT6 right first though

So why haven't they properly updated GT5? You say they could do it and have no need to release another game on PS3, so why aren't they? Why have they added not one single extension to the A-Spec races? Why have they not added more online modes, matchmaking or leaderboards? Car and track wise they've also added very little, with a new game I would expect at least 75 new car models and 5+ new proper tracks, what have PD added? 20 or so cars not counting the RM cars and the new skin NASCAR. Two proper tracks, a test track and a kart arena.

It's no good just saying they could update the game and use that as a reason not to have another game if they're clearly not doing that.

SimonK
So why haven't they properly updated GT5? You say they could do it and have no need to release another game on PS3, so why aren't they? Why have they added not one single extension to the A-Spec races? Why have they not added more online modes, matchmaking or leaderboards? Car and track wise they've also added very little, with a new game I would expect at least 75 new car models and 5+ new proper tracks, what have PD added? 20 or so cars not counting the RM cars and the new skin NASCAR. Two proper tracks, a test track and a kart arena.

It's no good just saying they could update the game and use that as a reason not to have another game if they're clearly not doing that.

GT5 was to far behind and needed the constant updates to get it to the release level game it should of been. I'm just saying if they had time they could. But GT6 is now priority due to the total time GT5 has taken. Going back but GTA4 did this, add on that used everything off the game but were new (yes there was a disc or version too) but I bought the DLC and made the game last longer but GTA4 was finished for release so it only had minor bugs. Yes it didn't get the same attention as GT but that's what I'm trying to say, Cuz it does get Attention, it could last and should last longer but R.I.P GT5 now

Yet GTA V is coming soon to current gen consoles. It doesn't matter how good a game is and how many updates it gets, huge or small, at some point it gets stale and fans are demanding a completely new game.

Yet GTA V is coming soon to current gen consoles. It doesn't matter how good a game is and how many updates it gets, huge or small, at some point it gets stale and fans are demanding a completely new game.

This very much.

Also as for GT releasing 2 games every generation they really need to do it this time around as opposed to PS2 and PS1 era.

I've always looked at PD's model is we build this game as a base and improve on it later to turn into a complete game. Except GT1 and GT3 were complete games.

Unlike GT5 which even if you don't want to believe is a subpar/garbage game I had the game for a month B-spec was 🤬 and A-spec was just :banghead: the only thing that was worth a damn was Photo Mode if at all.

Maybe even Arcade, but I shouldn't have to go into Arcade just to have fun because the career mode is sausage(a.k.a sucks).

For PD's sake they better release a GT6 on PS3 or else a lot of people might be bitter about that, and like others have said, and something I've always said. Other racing games even Arcade racers are passing PD by and at a high speed they use to be the king, but just like with Sony all kings must fall and if they don't do anything about it they will surely stay fallen.

Did you ever play GT4? It's completely different. The A-Spec mode has more variety, the GT Mode display is much better, the car selection is better, no standards, and in total, there is more difficulty.
No, GT4 was all standards and no Premiums.

It was next gen some 4-5 years ago. Now we have 2012. The PS2 was also next gen compared to the PS1. The power of the PS3 is not enough for current games. There are always compromises in resolution and other graphical areas to make games running on it. The PS3 is nearly done, thats it.

And it is normal that Sony and Microsoft wont tell us about their next consoles now. Because the christmas sales are coming and everyone would wait for the PS4 or would go for a Wii in the meantime. They want to sell as much as they can to finance their next gen consoles.

We hear it every week from developers, from people in the gaming business and on newssites that the new consoles come in 2013. If people shut their eyes and ears to this information that is their problem, but saying that this is no proof for the next generation is nonsense.

If GT6 wont be on the PS4, what will happen to it again? A new console without big franchises from the start will be dead soon. Just look at the PS Vita. It is rotting in the shelves because there are no games. That would be a disaster for the PS4 and might be the end for playstation.

After over 6 years there is time for a new console generation. It is overdue. The business needs the new consoles and we gamers want them. And they wont cost as much as the PS3 did in the beginning. The parts are fairly cheap to make now and they prices have to be more aggressive.

If someone thinks that the PS3 is enough, fine, then he should use it further. But others want to take the next step and want to experience new possiblities.

SimonK

But GTA 4 is over 4 years old GT5 is over 2, if it wasn't delayed then yeh, GT6 may be out now but it ain't and 2013 is 2 late, ps4/xbox8 will debut at e3 then. And the day after, I'm preordering both.

But GTA 4 is over 4 years old GT5 is over 2, if it wasn't delayed then yeh, GT6 may be out now but it ain't and 2013 is 2 late, ps4/xbox8 will debut at e3 then

That's not relevant to your suggestion that we only need one game of a series per generation that can be updated. 2013 is not too late when it's pretty clear GTA V won't be launching until early to mid 2013 either.

You're also making statements as if they're factual, that's against the AUP.

Youngun
But GTA 4 is over 4 years old GT5 is over 2, if it wasn't delayed then yeh, GT6 may be out now but it ain't and 2013 is 2 late, ps4/xbox8 will debut at e3 then

No, you won't see a debut so soon.

But GTA 4 is over 4 years old GT5 is over 2, if it wasn't delayed then yeh, GT6 may be out now but it ain't and 2013 is 2 late, ps4/xbox8 will debut at e3 then. And the day after, I'm preordering both.

Yet Rockstar knows that PS4 and Xbox 3 are almost here yet are willing to wait and make GTA 5 for PS3 instead?

GT5 might as well be 10 years old that's how it feels when you play it.

Have your PS4 and Xbox 3-8 whatever it's called. I'll still be playing many great games while you got to wait for at least 5 years for a solid title to come out lol.

Edit: like Simon K and others have said you can put any amount of DLC in a game, but once it's stale it won't matter one bit, and with GT5 this is no exception it's stale those tracks we got ain't even worth the cost especially since there is no career events centered around them.

I think it really depends on what GT6 would be. If its just going to be the same game with just all cars into premium, more cars, and tracks, without any actual game engine improvement, it will be on the PS3. However, as many of you know, the PS3 has only 256MB of VRAM. That is barely enough to run GT5, as Kaz has noted. There are 2 possibilities that I can think of that will keep it on the PS3:

1 - The GT engine becomes more resource efficient
2 - GT6 will be an addon, basically more cars, tracks and game modes.

I wonder how many of the 7 million plus were still playing GT5 after even 3 months of them owning it. What are the numbers like now?

I wonder how many of the 7 million plus were still playing GT5 after even 3 months of them owning it. What are the numbers like now?

I imagine the online community is really small now. Even a year ago, I had a hard time finding multiplayer lobbies to join. Most of them were just 1 or 2 people, and on the chance I did find something with a lot of players in it, all they were doing was drag racing.

Yet Rockstar knows that PS4 and Xbox 3 are almost here yet are willing to wait and make GTA 5 for PS3 instead?

GT5 might as well be 10 years old that's how it feels when you play it.

Have your PS4 and Xbox 3-8 whatever it's called. I'll still be playing many great games while you got to wait for at least 5 years for a solid title to come out lol.

:ill: Nobody stops you from playing PS3 games, when the PS4 gets released. I also play some MGS II or 3 from time to time. Nothing bad about it.

So God of War, Uncharted, MGS 4 and other games were no solid games? Most of the games came very early in the PS3 life circle. The same will happen with the PS4.

Great games will always stay great, no matter what. But new consoles and new games will come sooner or later. I dont know why there is so much hate against a new console. You also bought a PS3 and didnt stayed with your PS2 probably. I dont see the problem? :indiff:

I think that rockstar does not have any pressure on their shoulders to release a game fast. It might come very soon next year or even before the end of this year.

You might also think about the fact that is way over a year till new consoles might hit the market. That is a long time and many good games will come out till then.

I think there are still many people playing GT5. Just look on the figures of the GT Academy leaderboards. And there is a very big amount of players that play offline or do not interact with the online community like gtplanet and others.

There might be way more active players in GT5 than in Forza 4. And Forza 4 is doing very good now. But the problem is that there is not much to do for players in GT5 online. The online part isnt very organized and to find a suitable lobby to race in is not so easy.

But the fun thing about GT5 online is, that you find any form of racaing. I was really surprised when I found actual "Saudi Drift" lobbies.

Last edited:
The early death of PS3 is due to 1080p HD TV's being owned by the masses, and this raises by far the expectations for gaming visual detail. Sony having a 10 year lifespan plan for the PS3 may not have reckoned on the speed of 1080p ownership, and the despondency of millions of people with HD displays only running lower quality 720p games in the majority, for the entire lifespan of the PS3. (And even then the 720p games can barely run at 30fps, Skyrim being an example).
There would far less pressure for an immediate PS4 console if the HD TV standard happened to be 720p rather than 1080p.

The equivalent would be buying the best premium photographic printing paper from a shop and then Sony selling us all a printer than can only squirt coloured Tetris shapes on the lovely paper and saying this is the best it can do and it's good for 10 years.
Sony made something that could not match the quality of it's expected and desired display medium. They can keep PS3 alive for 10 years but they will have to bring out and sell the PS4 ASAP, next year I hope.
PS4 should have come out in 2011 to clean up on the performance shortfall. With PS5 in 2016. Sadly this did not happen.

SimonK
That's not relevant to your suggestion that we only need one game of a series per generation that can be updated. 2013 is not too late when it's pretty clear GTA V won't be launching until early to mid 2013 either.

You're also making statements as if they're factual, that's against the AUP.

I keep saying this gen only need 1 as it such a bad example, GT6 may get the series back on track for ps3 but then what for ps4, a 5 year wait developing new coding? Just seems illogical from a business point of view. Next gen can have 2, I would want that but only if gt6 was released in the first year then 3-4 years later gt7 (in the middle TT2)

Not fact but WII U out next year but PS4 out year after ain't far off, heard that its as fast as high end gaming PCs with the ability of double pixelation of 1080p TVs with a crisp ability of 60+FPS as well as huge Gpu/Cpu, standard state drive and ram. Some cod be rumours but the rumours for ps3 weren't far off to start. If there right GT6 would be sweet on that spec.......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back