5 reasons GT6 is a PS4 game

• Thread starter Mulan
  • 709 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sony won't be stupid to mess this up I hope they've already messed up on PS3 with the Cell and then PSP without two analogs, and now PS Vita well I don't know what they messed that up with lol.

In the end it comes down to PS3 = GT6 in the next 3 years. PS4 = Incomplete GT6 released not in our lifetime.

In the end it comes down to PS3 = GT6 in the next 3 years. PS4 = Incomplete GT6 released not in our lifetime.

And whay pay for gt6 on ps3?
Graphics cant get better
Sound cant get better (otherwise a patch will do for GT5)
AI cant get better (patch can fix this in GT5 too if it could)
Online cant get better (this is patchable too in that case)
Weathereffects?
Tracks qnd courseeditor, liveries....all patchable to GT5
They wont invent a new gameengine for this.
if people use GT5 to compete and the winners actually get to race in real races then i feel GT5 is as good as it gets and does what it is done to do. Sure there are tweaks and patches that can be done to make it a bit better.
But to call it GT6 that game has to be much more than what GT5 can offer so people are willing to pay that amount of money. I just cant see what that can be? At the same time a nice addon for GT5 with all the installed base that is out there can actually bring them more income.

That is why GT6 must be a ps4 game. For it to evolve it needs more cpu/gpu/sound muscles.

And as bonus, if the ps3 gets cheaper people can buy more ps3 units and play with multi monitors and get even better experience. So GT5 has more to bring for many if they want to invest.

Gt6 on PS4 hopefully will even support multimonitors with one console.

Not going to do a detailed post, but all your points are awfully wrong and disregarded many times in this subforum.

Second time posting this in a couple of minutes

lol might as well be incomplete if GT5 was only 70% complete more like 50%

Then GT6 on PS4 will only be 30-40% lol.

Rumours here, rumours there and nobody knows what to belive.

PS4 is a well kept secret and actual news on it will be leaked next year just before or just after Xbox 720 release, in my honest opinion.

I'll give 3 more years of life to the PS3 before Sony drops it completly. And so, with that and our experience with PD probably GT6, if what i mention above really happens will be on PS4 otherwise we'll have the last ever title on PS3, my opinion, again.

I don't have many games because I can't buy them, well, I can but i'm not allowed to, but when I have the chance I play the last titles on the market and I'm not an expert but I really wanted game exploring the very edge of PS3 pushing to what's technically possible and if any game reached that very point, where things blow up and **** happens and stuff (just kidding) tell me which is and I gladly try the game.

Mulan
Graphics cant get better
Weathereffects?
if people use GT5 to compete and the winners actually get to race in real races then i feel GT5 is as good as it gets and does what it is done to do. Sure there are tweaks and patches that can be done to make it a bit better.
But to call it GT6 that game has to be much more than what GT5 can offer so people are willing to pay that amount of money. I just cant see what that can be? At the same time a nice addon for GT5 with all the installed base that is out there can actually bring them more income.

That is why GT6 must be a ps4 game. For it to evolve it needs more cpu/gpu/sound muscles.

And as bonus, if the ps3 gets cheaper people can buy more ps3 units and play with multi monitors and get even better experience. So GT5 has more to bring for many if they want to invest.

Language barrier I believe... Are you saying these are reasons it will be on PS3 or PS4?

PS4 will not be able to handle multi-monitors unless it drops resolution and graphics settings substantially; as in PS3 or poorer levels. Don't tell me I don't know because no one knows the specs of the PS4. Look at current PC hardware.

GT4 came out 2005 right? The PS3 came out 2006. Give or take a year of PS2 life, Whats not to say that GT6 will do the same, What you can be certain of though, is that PD will be developing for the PS4 straight after this next title. if not during..

Did you just imply that the people who think that there will be two releases this generation because there have been in previous ones suffer from what used to be considered a mental disorder?

:lol:

GT4 came out 2005 right? The PS3 came out 2006. Give or take a year of PS2 life, Whats not to say that GT6 will do the same, What you can be certain of though, is that PD will be developing for the PS4 straight after this next title. if not during..

Thank you sometimes people need to be reminded of this and what makes it so much worse PD could have just developed GT4 for a launch PS3 title instead they didn't(quite glad if it turned out the way GT5 did 👎)

Did you just imply that the people who think that there will be two releases this generation because there have been in previous ones suffer from what used to be considered a mental disorder?

:lol:
I like to think of it more as a common human trait. Which effects us all in some ways, but some a lot more strikingly. Depends when you call a trait a disorder though. :)

Mulan
Graphics cant get better
Weathereffects?

This post is absurd, graphics can be more consistent, thus better. As well as everything you mentioned. Sure they could add it to gt5, but a consistent gt6 with a better overall everything would make sense for ps3. Basically a more polished version of gt5 would be well Seth the money.

GT 5 is the best car game ever. We don’t need a GT6 right now, unless we get the
PS4. All we need is more DLCs.

GT 5 is the best car game ever. I don’t need a GT6 right now, unless we get the
PS4. All I need is more DLCs.

Fixed.

If you think GT5 is the best, then you just keep playing it and stay happy. Some of us however don't agree with that and want GT6.

Okay. So perhaps contribute why people who suspect PD will follow their SOP for GT6 are wrong to the extent that they are acting like John Nash.
I'm simply saying counting years between past releases does not yield any worthwhile patterns for predicting the future. This is something that could happen at nearly any time or not at all. It's not astronomy and predicting when comets will fly by again. Therefore quoting Apophenia is appropriate.
I know it is appropriate because I have seen these expectations on previous August months over the years and so it must apply this time too. I have also found that whenever someone contradicts me I am always right.👍

I'm simply saying counting years between past releases does not yield any worthwhile patterns for predicting the future.
Cool beans. Except no one has been counting years. They've been looking at how previous games in the series were designed for new hardware, comparing how GT5 was developed, guessing how much longer it will be until Sony announces the PS4 and basing their conclusion on that.

I have also found that whenever someone contradicts me I am always right.👍
Of course. As shown by your previous discussions, including why the Chinese government should launch a military attack on the American space program, why global collapse of society would cause people to feel less depressed about their life, and why Sony will design the PS4 to display games at 4k native resolution.

Last edited:
GT 5 is the best car game ever. We don’t need a GT6 right now, unless we get the
PS4. All we need is more DLCs.

Speak for yourself. In my opinion, Gran Turismo 5 is the most disappointing racing sim i've played. I really do not like the game at all, it has so many issues with it that completely overshadow anything positive imo. I really want a GT6, and I hope this time PD does a much better job with it.

I really do feel like GT5 was very mismanaged and poorly handled.

man i really think gt6 should be for ps3 so gt 1 & 2 = psone or psx, gt 3 & 4 = ps2, gt 5 for ps3 its a no brainer

PD still have a chance to redeem themselves this generation, nobody wants to remember the PS3 as a poor era in the GT series, not good for Sony.

These reasons are not entirely valid. Better console ≠ better game.

GT2 and GT3 were worth much more as games than GT5 and they were released on older consoles.

This debate is getting old. At the end it resumes on people who want it for the PS4, explaining nonesense of why it's going to be for PS4, and people who want it for the PS3 doing the same thing.

It doesn't matter if GT6 is for the PS3 or PS4. Regardless of the console, they could do a much better game thanks to the responsible feedback (not the ones who think monster trucks would make the game better), and reference that PD has been taking of what their competirors are doing. That is what will define GT6 as being better or not. Not in which console will it be released in.

Although I would prefer it for the PS3 as a redemption from PD due to the negatives that GT5 had, and because it would be easier to buy due to the confidence that I've lost in PD, it all depends on what PD decides or what orders $ony gives them.

Last edited:
HuskyGT
These reasons are not entirely valid. Better console ≠ better game.

GT2 and GT3 were worth much more as games than GT5 and they were released on older consoles.

This debate is getting old. At the end it resumes on people who want it for the PS4, explaining nonesense of why it's going to be for PS4, and people who want it for the PS3 doing the same thing.

It doesn't matter if GT6 is for the PS3 or PS4. Regardless of the console, they could do a much better game thanks to the responsible feedback (not the ones who think monster trucks would make the game better), and reference that PD has been taking of what their competirors are doing. That is what will define GT6 as being better or not. Not in which console will it be released in.

Although I would prefer it for the PS3 as a redemption from PD due to the negatives that GT5 had, and because it would be easier to buy due to the confidence that I've lost in PD, it all depends on what PD decides or what orders $ony gives them.

Yeah but possibility to make a better game is higher on ps4. And a more polished gt5 doesnt make it a gt6 there has to be more differance then a patched gt5 to be called gt6.
And if gt5 gets a good update then PD can have both, a final gt5 that is great and gt6 for ps4 that introduces a new beginning for the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back