5 reasons GT6 is a PS4 game

• Thread starter Mulan
  • 709 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that you can buy a BluRay player with a HDD, wifi, apps, capabilities to play files, for $100 or less, the PS3 is big time over priced as it is. A buddy of mine is trying to sell another buddy his 500gb PS3 Slim for $150. Buddy #2 wants it 99.9% as a BluRay player. It's VERY hard for me to facilitate this sale when I was oblivious to BD players coming jam packed full of features that equal the PS3. Except for games of course.

Those cost about $400 dollars in other countries such as UK for a blu-ray player with hdd. The Samsung BD-D8900M for example.

Also why would you being oblivious to something make it hard for you to help with a sale of a PS3? Oblivious means you don't know about the BD players...

1: To get a good start of PS4, GT6 is going to make the ps4 a sucess in sales which Sony needs with todays big moneylosses.
2: GT5 is as good as it gets on todays consoles, to get something worth called GT6 it needs more horsepower. PS4 will bring that.
3: Since they starting to talk about GT6 it means we are about 1.5 - 2 years away from the finished game. Perfect for a ps4 launch.
4: With early PS4 launch there is time left in PS4 lifespan to launch GT7 if needed
5: The game needs new incomebase, that means competition with prizes on more regular case than today. For that there needs to be better network and gamestability + rules. PS4 can handle that.

For me this is enough to convince me it is a PS4 title and it should be a PS4 launchgame.
The timing should be perfect too...with GT5 getting its final update + some new DLC to keep fans playing for a year or two.

None of the things that you mentioned make sense. Mostly since we don't know the PS4's specifications and release date, and GT5 can be heavily improved on PS3, but only through a new game. It would take a very long time to rewrite the code for GT5 in order to improve it, so using patches to make GT5 better is out of the question.

Either way gentlemen Sony plans to F us in the A, I don't even get upset anymore i just bend over and take it like every other playstation fan. If Gt6 comes out on the ps3 sony kill the online for it when the ps4 comes out or even re release gt6 on the ps4 or maybe make us wait for god knows how long for a ps4 gt6 launch title, regardless i'm just going to bend over and wait for sony to give it to me in the A.

BlisteredHand
Those cost about $400 dollars in other countries such as UK for a blu-ray player with hdd. The Samsung BD-D8900M for example.

Also why would you being oblivious to something make it hard for you to help with a sale of a PS3? Oblivious means you don't know about the BD players...

I was holding the PlayStation flag that it's the ultimate BD player and there was no way an $100 player could play avi files, have wifi BD Live, firmware upgradability, and a hard drive, thinking my buddy was FoS. Until I looked it up.

Sorry, but the PS3 is not "the end all be all" of BD players as it was when it was the only player on the market. I'm simply pointing out that the cost to make feature packed consumer electronics is coming down. This we already knew. You'd figure a $100 BD would be just that, a player; no wifi, can't play files, no hard drive. That is just not the case.

Microsoft has a $99 360 right? Is the console itself lacking capabilities than a $300 unit (if they still sell one)? It's tat little 4gh HDD. Thanks for not being emotionally reactive Blister.

As for respecting SONY's business model of bloating the price of their products by $200-$500 more than the competition at a particular price point, yeah ok. What has that gotten them? 4 straight years of 5 billion dollar losses? (don't bother to combat that with a link to the exact amount, I just don't care). In the 80's and 90's SONY had the best TV's period, Trinitrons and WEGA's. Our 27" base model WEGA that I paid $500 for in 2000 is still going strong. I worked for Highland Superstores, Fretter, liquidated a Silo, and then worked at Best Buy. I sold a CRAP LOAD of SONY TV's. But now, there are companies making better products and selling them cheaper (Samsung & Panasonic I prefer). Isn't that how you beat your competition???

When SONY tries to sell a TV price pointed at $1199 (according to features compared to the competitive market pricing (real market value) for $1499, THAT is why they are failing and are no longer king of consumer electronics.

I was holding the PlayStation flag that it's the ultimate BD player and there was no way an $100 player could play avi files, have wifi BD Live, firmware upgradability, and a hard drive, thinking my buddy was FoS. Until I looked it up.

Sorry, but the PS3 is not "the end all be all" of BD players as it was when it was the only player on the market. I'm simply pointing out that the cost to make feature packed consumer electronics is coming down. This we already knew. You'd figure a $100 BD would be just that, a player; no wifi, can't play files, no hard drive. That is just not the case.

Microsoft has a $99 360 right? Is the console itself lacking capabilities than a $300 unit (if they still sell one)? It's tat little 4gh HDD. Thanks for not being emotionally reactive Blister.

As for respecting SONY's business model of bloating the price of their products by $200-$500 more than the competition at a particular price point, yeah ok. What has that gotten them? 4 straight years of 5 billion dollar losses? (don't bother to combat that with a link to the exact amount, I just don't care). In the 80's and 90's SONY had the best TV's period, Trinitrons and WEGA's. Our 27" base model WEGA that I paid $500 for in 2000 is still going strong. I worked for Highland Superstores, Fretter, liquidated a Silo, and then worked at Best Buy. I sold a CRAP LOAD of SONY TV's. But now, there are companies making better products and selling them cheaper (Samsung & Panasonic I prefer). Isn't that how you beat your competition???

When SONY tries to sell a TV price pointed at $1199 (according to features compared to the competitive market pricing (real market value) for $1499, THAT is why they are failing and are no longer king of consumer electronics.

It's often too easy to criticize a company that has fallen off financially when the underlying causes are most likely very broad. Yes, with Sony having lost millions in the TV panel department over the last several years, from the vicious competition being put up by other manufacturers, who have probably made some better manufacturing decisions as well as more efficient employee work production... this is why Sony is in the process to shut down some manufacturing facilities and merge with Hitatchi and Toshiba to produce panels more efficiently.

Still even with the slightly higher prices, Sony has been on the ball with their Bravia Engines, and the high-end panels still top out on TV review comparisons. Anyway Playstation is Sony's biggest money maker currently, so I don't think they will let the financial troubles effect the R&D there... if they release a solid PS4, the company should be doing well in the future, if obviously all the company restructuring goes as planned... which is supposed to be complete by the end of the year.

occasionalracer
It's often too easy to criticize a company that has fallen off financially when the underlying causes are most likely very broad. Yes, with Sony having lost millions in the TV panel department over the last several years, from the vicious competition being put up by other manufacturers, who have probably made some better manufacturing decisions as well as more efficient employee work production... this is why Sony is in the process to shut down some manufacturing facilities and merge with Hitatchi and Toshiba to produce panels more efficiently.

Still even with the slightly higher prices, Sony has been on the ball with their Bravia Engines, and the high-end panels still top out on TV review comparisons. Anyway Playstation is Sony's biggest money maker currently, so I don't think they will let the financial troubles effect the R&D there... if they release a solid PS4, the company should be doing well in the future, if obviously all the company restructuring goes as planned... which is supposed to be complete by the end of the year.

👍

They learn from Apple. No info until the day it is presented and a day or week later its for sale. And, previous sellingnumbers doesnt say much about todays.

There are more reasons why PS4 will outsell the PS3 and that fast.
1. People have new tvs today, no secondary investment.
2. The price wont be so high this time, the prices of components are down and no new expensive tech is introduced like the bluray player was at that time.
3. GT6 is coming out at the same time (+) 6 months
4. Design can be a major factor, hopefully it will be awailable in white too

Do they? How do you know this, you work for Sony?

As for your four reasons you really need to stop writing your opinions and guesses as if they're matter of fact.

The PS4 does not exist, why do everyone keeps talking about it like if it was already here and talk about the specs, WE KNOW NOTHING.

The PS4 does not exist, why do everyone keeps talking about it like if it was already here and talk about the specs, WE KNOW NOTHING.

If you think Sony is stepping out of the video game industry, I got a small hint I'm wiling to share based on facts.

Hint: In Development

For any specs people are throwing around, true, and thankfully no concrete rumours have emerged, means that Sony and their PS4 business/technology partners are keeping this project under tarps. Even when some specs or specific hardware components are released, the way consoles work in comparison to PC's is different, so even then it's hard to fully pinpoint the capabilities that can be achieved.

I'm sure Sony is pushing the whole team to new heights as efficiently as the worlds best Sheppard directing his heard of goats up the mountainside.

None of what you just said proves anything he said wrong. In the context of the consumer the PS4 does not exist and we do not know anything about it factually.

Still, the release of PS4 is inevitable... whether they watch Microsoft take the lead in next gen is up to them. I know I wouldn't want to watch the competition get a free ride in the market, especially if that lesson has been taught before.

Still, the release of PS4 is inevitable... whether they watch Microsoft take the lead in next gen is up to them. I know I wouldn't want to watch the competition get a free ride in the market, especially if that lesson has been taught before.

Nobody said it wasn't inevitable, Mike was just correctly pointing out that people are talking about it when to us it doesn't exist and we know nothing about it. Makes people saying "The PS4 can do this..." sound pretty stupid.

Nobody said it wasn't inevitable, Mike was just correctly pointing out that people are talking about it when to us it doesn't exist and we know nothing about it. Makes people saying "The PS4 can do this..." sound pretty stupid.

I agree that talking about PS4 at this point is rather ridicules, I'm not looking to start conspiracies, but I'm just optimistically confident that Sony knows what they gotta do to survive in the business. A good mixture of innovation and using existing knowledge.

I'm not in a rush for GT6 or PS4, I just want to see everything a nice step above what we have now. By the end of the year we might have better leaks or rumours to go by.

occasionalracer
Still, the release of PS4 is inevitable... whether they watch Microsoft take the lead AGAIN in next gen is up to them. I know I wouldn't want to watch the competition get ANOTHER free ride in the market, especially if that lesson has been taught before.

I hope you don't mind that I added emphasis to your post.

I hope you don't mind that I added emphasis to your post.

Emphasis on the exact thing I meant with my statement?? Ok, I bold the last part to make it clear I'm aware of what happened with Sony's PS3 launch... in other words if they would like to get a good start they should remember it's not fun to come late to the party.

Price is a strange thing. Actually retailers sell the PS3 at prices below purchaseprice. So SONY benefits as long there is competition and retailers are willing to take a loss. If they would follow SONY recommended price then the PS3 would be major fail. But retailer sell them still and loose money. They hope to win customers that buy games and accessories so they can cut their losses. What i want to say is that Sony almost counts on this and sets a higher recommended price and know that the retailers will take the blow instead of them lowering the price. The day retailers stop doing this is the day Sony will loose money. I think this is the key for SOnys success, set a price that consumers find ok without retailers loosing too much. Otherwise retailers will recommend other hardware to their customers if they loose less on those. Microsoft are better at this so i think a reason that Xbox is a big success is that retailer have more of those on stock and recommend those before the PS3.

Price is a strange thing. Actually retailers sell the PS3 at prices below purchaseprice. So SONY benefits as long there is competition and retailers are willing to take a loss. If they would follow SONY recommended price then the PS3 would be major fail. But retailer sell them still and loose money. They hope to win customers that buy games and accessories so they can cut their losses. What i want to say is that Sony almost counts on this and sets a higher recommended price and know that the retailers will take the blow instead of them lowering the price. The day retailers stop doing this is the day Sony will loose money. I think this is the key for SOnys success, set a price that consumers find ok without retailers loosing too much. Otherwise retailers will recommend other hardware to their customers if they loose less on those. Microsoft are better at this so i think a reason that Xbox is a big success is that retailer have more of those on stock and recommend those before the PS3.

Not at all...

It's actually the other way around, most manufacturers offer a bulk shipment of a given product and the sales contract gives the retailers the upper hand of returning any unsold product for a full refund. Why would retailers be the one's taking a loss for Sony? Most of the time, it's always companies kissing the retailers feet, especially in the Smartphone market.

No, that's not at all how 3rd party retailers work.

Now, Sony at one point sold the PS3 to retailers for less than the cost than it took to make, but that ended years ago and is SOP for new-ish game hardware design (Nintendo excepting).

Last edited:

What a load of rubbish.

who's this mulan guy. All his posts on this thread are the very worst I have ever read on the interwebz

No offense Mulan, but you need to stop thinking about this. You keep stating your notions as if you've done your research, when it's quite clear that you haven't, even to someone like me who knows very little on this subject.

No offense Mulan, but you need to stop thinking about this. You keep stating your notions as if you've done your research, when it's quite clear that you haven't, even to someone like me who knows very little on this subject.

I wrote that wrong, that conclusion was from the Swedish market. Because that is the way it is here. Just go out and visit a large retailer and see what they have in stock and what they display most. And as i work within the retailbusiness i know more details about this...but i wont go into this more sorry, it was a stupid post about PS3 and retaileconomics.

PS4 maybe, PS3 maybe, PSvita now thats a good question but either way would PD go the direction of Cross Buy so if you buy GT6 get GTvita free. And with GTvita in mind, That will be sooner than later i think. PS4 + PSvita = Good matchup

Youngun
PS4 maybe, PS3 maybe, PSvita now thats a good question but either way would PD go the direction of Cross Buy so if you buy GT6 get GTvita free. And with GTvita in mind, That will be sooner than later i think. PS4 + PSvita = Good matchup

Do you really think we will see Cross Buy or Play with the PS4 and Vita?

ch3ng
Do you really think we will see Cross Buy or Play with the PS4 and Vita?

Well 3 games have been confirmed for vita ps3 including N4S Most Wanted which I'm happy about (sly and Ratchet & Clank is the others) uncharted and assassins creed were between it (vita would be dlc only so developer loose no money then) hardly another would buy both

Best would be if they released apple/android app too. Not for racing but for managing cars in garage. Upgrading, buying and so on. Would be great.

I wonder if there's a possibility of releasing GT6 on both consoles - PS4 because it could be a good launch title and PS3 because it still has many users who don't want to pay for PS4 which will cost a lot of money at start. Of course PS3 version would have worse graphics to fit in 60 fps but whole content of PS4 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back