500PP Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 196 comments
Back in 2001 I owned a Honda S2000. I was, of course, on S2Ki, one of the biggest message boards in the world at that time. Back then we had a small gaming thread where many of us would post our GT times, and mine were then pretty much as they are now; good but not alien. One day a guy joined our forum from IGN, and compared his times. It's safe to say that it wasn't even a contest, he was so much faster, like 5 seconds a lap. The kicker? He was 12. He wasn't the quickest of his friends, nor the youngest, and I've pretty much been super humble about my times since. Some of the top guys don't even know how to drive a car, you can damn sure bet on it. Maybe not as much as back in the GT1 days, but certainly they still exist, so the fact that someone can be ultra quick using the d-pad isn't a shocker to me, he may not even have a driver's license.

Yup. I also have no drive license but can set good times with my controller. But if i drive a perfect lap with my DS im 1 second slower than some pad drivers. So i think its tuning skills also.

Same for me, I don't drive irl. And it's well over 20 years since I drove a real car for my lessons, but I never did the test.

I think tuning is only a 10% factor for these TT, the 90% driving skill is what matters most.
I think tuning is only a 80% factor for these TT, the 25% driving skill is what matters most.

I have to be honest, without the tuner cars, I have real trouble with some of these races. The moment I find a really difficult race, I always go back and win it with a stock car. It's my way of proving to myself that I can still get it done without a tuned car. Having said that, I am in much debt to all of the tuners on here, without them I wouldn't really be able to test how fast I am because I don't like driving ill-handling cars.

I saw a video a little while ago I think it was about the IRL guys and their aliens. The fastest in the world was a Finn who had never driven a car and I think in his early thirties. They took him to America and gave him a run in a open wheeler and it was an eye opener.
After about 3 laps he had to come in because he had blisters on his hands and he got sick in the car. He was a quiet guy and very humble and after they gave him a rest out he went again and set times only 3 seconds slower than much more experienced guys. He said he didn't go hard in case something happened but geez he looked good. Can you imagine what these young guys will be like later on?

Can you imagine what these young guys will be like later on?

They are going to have to be truly special with the technology arising. Exemplary hand-eye coordination is just the tip of the iceberg, they will need off-the-charts spacial awareness as well, at a minimum. People don't realize until they drive very low in a car in real life, you really can't see a damn thing over many of the crests on race-tracks, so it's about memorizing your braking points as early as possible, and remembering them (as well as the optimal gear, and gear-change). It's crazy what the F1 guys do even now, sitting so low in the car.

1. I have friend we do street racing running to countryside 300+km away.. He's flying 280+kmph for more than 40mins non-stop; public road, 2 lanes, lots of lorries, lots of superbikes.. I gave him almost 10 various GT6 cars to hook him up on Gran Turismo. Hit walls everywhere.

2. My son at his 6-years old; can't complete race too. But, completing Race ONLY in Redbull Prototype. Until now; always 3-4 secs ahead of me. Using D-Pad's JOYSTICK.

Haish.

Was eight tenths up on my ghost best lap but I panicked at the last two corners and lost it all grrrrrr.

Add me to that list as well. To be honest though, I never actually count my times until I run it twice (within a half of a second), because I get lucky sometimes as well. I'm usually looking at my own ghost going "how the hell did I drive that bit so well last time??" :D

Thought it was fitting to gold in this.....

IMG_6778.JPG

👍

Add me to that list as well. To be honest though, I never actually count my times until I run it twice (within a half of a second), because I get lucky sometimes as well. I'm usually looking at my own ghost going "how the hell did I drive that bit so well last time??" :D

I would love to time these laps independently because I reckon this game rips us off. I couldn't count the amount of times I have been half a second or more in front of my time, nail those last 3 corners and still get done by 2 or 3 tenths. According to the game you can lose that time easily but it is impossible to make up the same amount yet at times when you least expect it tells you you have done a faster lap. I thought one was supposed to mellow with old age but this game can make me real cranky!!:banghead::mad:

Finally I raced 2:11.878 yesterday.

I got this time with GSX, PS3 controller and driving aids.
Actually I have driven without aids (my typical style) until 1:12.800-1:13.000 times but, following the setting of most the pad drivers in front of me and also because quite stuck on the mentioned time range, I moved to such aids support 3 days ago with relevant benefits for taking more risks in the forest rollercoaster.

Totally I have almost driven 3500km on Bathurst TT.
Further 500-600km always racing/testing with GSX in the International A - 550-600pp Champ - Bathurst Races.
This has been a funny way to avoid to get bored/exhausted running several laps alone on the TT.

New target 2.11.500-600 getting 2nd place in the Italian ranking....maybe....

ciao

I grabbed something 2:11.762 yesterday

Last edited:
It will always be the Bathurst to me too. Another video clip ( apologies if I shouldn't )

This brings me out in goose pimples!!!

Regards.

Ian.

A truly landmark day in Bathurst history. Go the kiwis!!!! :D

Murphy must have inspired me today, after days of no results I actually lowered my time twice, first by a huge .032 then two laps later by .02 thinking here we go again. Then I decided to do what he did and drove the crap out of it and got a 2.12.284. Next, going mad by chasing 2.11.:lol::cheers::cheers:

Murphy must have inspired me today, after days of no results I actually lowered my time twice, first by a huge .032 then two laps later by .02 thinking here we go again. Then I decided to do what he did and drove the crap out of it and got a 2.12.284. Next, going mad by chasing 2.11.:lol::cheers::cheers:

Bravo my friend :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: :cheers::cheers:

Back