500PP Racing Car Super Lap: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 521 comments
Hey @Dalone I am getting very close to you time mate :cheers:.
Capture.PNG

CUSCO DUNLOP SUBARU IMPREZA '08
Tires RH
Rideheight 55/50
Springs 16.25/15.00
Damper comp 3/4
Damper ext 6/8
ARB 4/5
Camber 0.1/0.2
Toe -0.10/0.30
Brake balance 6/3
Transmission
In this order; Final to max, max speed to lowest, then adjust individually
1: 2.499
2: 1.882
3: 1.531
4: 1.277
5: 1.093
6: 0.958
Then ser final to 4.200
LSD
Initial 10/20
Acc 5/10
Brake 25/20
Torque dist 30:70
Power limiter 95.1
DF 315/540
ABS 1
All other aids off

I did three laps, best lap 1:27.900

Good luck!
Thanks for that! Will try it out and see what I can do!

Finally cracked it! Ran a 1:27:385 in the Spoon S2000. Found a few tweaks to gearbox and downforce were required to get the speeds on the long straights as well as the acceleration from the tighter stuff.

Why? The link is good
The link is good, but I couldn't get any of the same values. None of the gearbox ratios would go to the figures you quoted, except for the final gear. Did you do an oil change or change wheel size at all??

Edit: apologies for the successive posts. Didn't know they were a no-no.

Last edited by a moderator:
The link is good, but I couldn't get any of the same values. None of the gearbox ratios would go to the figures you quoted, except for the final gear. Did you do an oil change or change wheel size at all??

Edit: apologies for the successive posts. Didn't know they were a no-no.

I will see that tomorrow

This is similar to what I ran last time. Jeje has a similar setup to this, with a taller final in the 3.50's, one of many I've tried.

I have tweaked it a little again, I'll post it if I see improvement after testing.
Max. Speed:
124 mph
1st Gear:3.794(or shortest available)
2nd Gear:2.784(or shortest needed to control wheel spin with TC0)
3rd Gear:2.202
4th Gear:1.788
5th Gear:1.469(used in left turn heading to cork screw)
6th Gear:1.294(set to avoid redline in longest straight depending on final gearing)
Final Gear:3.880
Special Instructions:
Reset = Final Gear to 5.000 = Max speed To lowest mph = Ratios = Final Gear to 3.880

Thanks for sharing.

Will try later tonight:cheers::cheers:

All the track with gear 6 !!!!!!! :bowdown: :bowdown:.What is your secret ???? :lol: :lol:. With my 1'25'334 I feel thoroughly.:crazy:. Respect my friend @Kossie :bowdown: :cheers:
Thanks:tup: I don't know what my secret is, I using now manual gears and i see the top time replays... They breake/gearing to much for me. Maybe with other settings it's better. So I hope some of that aliens will give the gear settings.:P

I'm using the Toyota. 13 place now. I need a good gear setup to get in the top 10. They breake/gearing much more as I do.
But I'm happy with my time now :cheers:

Last edited:
Down to a 1:22.214 in the TS030. I think after some more miles on the car, I can get into the 1:21s. Hopefully I can stay in the top 50 until the end so I can get my first ever top 50 ranked time trial.

Edit: Managed a 1:21.875 after a few more miles. I think a top 50 finish is looking pretty promising 👍.

Last edited:
4900km done on the T030

1000 laps on Indy, i switched to Daytona, speed increase so more km done in similar time, run on the road for the next 20hours again and make sure i'll be enought low hp to make a top 10

I'm pretty sure this car with out abs can be good with baterie recharging
Free run on route x works best for me. Ensure you go there via garage.

Thanks for this tune! I got gold with this:cheers:

Thanks a lot @Nyebal83 for your enjoy it's a real pleasure. Thanks again @Nyebal83 :cheers:

1'25'019 :crazy:. Maybe 1'24'...

@fordlaser777 : Attention my friend I approach slowly but surely to your 1'23'526 :lol:

@Kossie : I wanted to know if you 'd try my car to see how much you can do. Of course if you want and if you have time and I would like to known your impressions. Thanks you in advance my friend Opera Performance S2000 '04 :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
1'25'019 :crazy:. Maybe 1'24'...

@fordlaser777 : Attention my friend I approach slowly but surely to your 1'23'526 :lol:

@Kossie : I wanted to know if you 'd try my car to see how much you can do. Of course if you want and if you have time and I would like to known your impressions. Thanks you in advance my friend Opera Performance S2000 '04 :cheers:
I can try it tomorrow, Why you have not only stage 3? For me in this car it was the fastest.

Believe me: I'm not a alien or a fantastic driver. I drive almost 1 year with AT gears and now i am driving with manual gears. The different is 0.500 I think. But there are much better drivers here. That Ascari 🤬 track.... I cant make a clean round under the 2.10.....

For tips Im not the best. On short tracks with high speed I'm a top 50 player. But do not think Im a fantastic driver. I's more training then a give...

Time for beer now :lol::cheers::cheers:

If you drive a fast lap: Don't follow the ghost... Go away and come back without that 🤬 before you(on the left where you see it) . that helps me. I drive 1 lap today(seriously) and that whas my record. I dont know...:lol:

Last edited:
I can try it tomorrow, Why you have not only stage 3? For me in this car it was the fastest.

Believe me: I'm not a alien or a fantastic driver. I drive almost 1 year with AT gears and now i am driving with manual gears. The different is 0.500 I think. But there are much better drivers here. That Ascari 🤬 track.... I cant make a clean round under the 2.10.....

For tips Im not the best. On short tracks with high speed I'm a top 50 player. But do not think Im a fantastic driver. I's more training then a give...

Time for beer now :lol::cheers::cheers:

If you drive a fast lap: Don't follow the ghost... Go away and come back without that 🤬 before you(on the left where you see it) . that helps me. I drive 1 lap today(seriously) and that whas my record. I dont know...:lol:

Thanks my friend :cheers:
I try and try again and laps after laps I was able to go under 1'25 with 1'24'762 ;) . My fingers are tired :crazy:. I 'll rest them until Monday. And as you say in strength to do tricks and turns we take a rhythm and it becomes easier.
I don't know why I don't have just engine stage 3. Maybe not have the same preparation as other.
:cheers: my friend and good beer :lol:

Team USA 👍

I think I'm P18 now. :ill:
Man... its a home race.. You are the highest(no not that high) USA player? Give Zandvoort a change please on the next GT :P

No seriously, the Germans are good with this game.... I think they share the tunes. :lol:

Boomshanka! ( please google if not familiar with the word )

Thank you all here. I came to this website having suffered months of trying to sort out my car settings. Within a couple of days, my lap time have tumbled and I am really enjoying my virtual racing now.

The gearbox(s) are all being tweaked and "fettled". LSD's and suspensions are having similar massagings!

WOW!

Thank you all of you. What a brilliant resource of knowledge and skill you have here.

Best regards.

Ian.

( currently 9454th at Laguna Seca seasonal!!! )

Boomshanka! ( please google if not familiar with the word )

Thank you all here. I came to this website having suffered months of trying to sort out my car settings. Within a couple of days, my lap time have tumbled and I am really enjoying my virtual racing now.

The gearbox(s) are all being tweaked and "fettled". LSD's and suspensions are having similar massagings!

WOW!

Thank you all of you. What a brilliant resource of knowledge and skill you have here.

Best regards.

Ian.

( currently 9454th at Laguna Seca seasonal!!! )

Hi everybody, same here, first post!
After reading here for a long time It's time to thank you all for sharing your setups! :gtpflag:

I'm not the best driver but I feel great pleasure in grinding and improving. With the help of your tunes most seasonal events should be possible for almost everybody, even the time trials.

Personally I spent more time using the online-races as moneymaker (and as testdrives for better understanding of all the tuning options) than improving my times in the TT's - but over the time I learned better how to make a setup fit better to my driving skills so that my times steadily improved.

I will never become an "alien" - but now I am driving times I always thought only aliens are capable of:
Just 6 Months ago I was happy to achieve gold in the TT's with P40.000 something. I started improving to Top 20.000, 10.000, 5.000. - Not long ago I finally reached P1081 in Mount Panorama and P460 in Willow Springs!!!
Currently I'm ranked at P204 in Laguna Seca (S2000, DS3, AT gears) but have still room to improve a few tenths from my 1:23,456. :cheers:

Faster times, more motivation, more fun - thanks to this great comunity!

Cheers mates, keep tuning & grinding!

P.S. for all "humans":
- Learn the track and drive, drive, drive...
- Use the full track as much as possible and find your rhythm!
- Use setups you find here as base but don't expect the setup to drive the times for you - learn to fit the settings to your driving style and skills and don't overdrive.
- Never give up but take a brake when you stop improving - try again with a fresh and clear mindset.
-- If nothing helps you may like to try again with beer or something - even if I have to admit that my times getting worse when I try like some dudes here!

Back