500PP Racing Car Super Lap: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 521 comments
Hi,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here!....

I am having terrible trouble setting my cars up. I came here as there is, quite obviously, a huge depth of knowledge and skill among you all.

Transmission settings are proving to be the most challenging to get right. Looking at Wedjim's last message here, something dawned on me...

"Reset = Final Gear to 5.000 = Max speed To lowest mph = Ratios = Final Gear to 3.880"

Is this the order in which you set things up please? i.e. ...

1. Set slider to 5.000 (final)
2. Set speed to lowest.
3. Select assorted ratios.
4. Move slider (final) back to 3.880.

All the rest of the set up stuff seems to make sense and bears some resemblance to what would actually happen to a real car. The gearbox though is a whole different story. Many thanks and regards from England.

Ohh and please be gentle with me - This is my first post. My first ever ever computer game. My first ever games console and I am 53 years old!!!

Ian.

In the ordered list you provided for setting up a tranny you need to have 'Reset to Default' as Step 1 followed by slider to 5.000 at Step 2 etc. etc.

You need to reset the tranny to default first when setting the gears as the default ratios can change when you alter the Power inputs. If not, you could end up with a gear ratio that may not be within the range displayed for the gear(s) of interest.

Have fun 👍

I've managed better times in the Impreza GT300 Base Model than in the Spoon S2000. Anybody able to tell me where I'm going wrong? My best time is a 1:29:XXX so far.

Try only Motor update stage 3 with the S2000. Are you using the Opera? Maybe you use the wrong car :lol:
Using the Spoon S2000. They were almost identical in PP so I thought they couldn't be too different. Maybe I'm wrong??

I'm finding the S2000 to have great top speed but struggles more than the Impreza in the tight corners.

Hi,

What tune did you used in the Impreza Gt300? In the Opera i can't get gold, 1.28.155 my best lap...Really annoying.

1:21.350 With Manual gears :cheers:
What car is that with??
Hi,

What tune did you used in the Impreza Gt300? In the Opera i can't get gold, 1.28.155 my best lap...Really annoying.

I'll have a look at my tune tonight when I get home.

Cusco Subaru Impreza GT300 here. 4WD and a lot of DF gets the job done.
What was your tune for this event? Did you make many changes or just g'box changes?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not my favourite car but got me into the 25s

image.jpeg

👍

Oh yes my fault, Its a Toyota. I'm happy with a 1:20 time here. I think i need a better gear setting, What setting you use( and other players here) ?

Probably just moved the max speed to minimum then found a decent final gear setting. I think I'm still using stock suspension too.
I see alot of replays from the top 5, And in some corners they use the 3 gearing, I'm not. I use only 6 and 4 on whole the track. I try it but i loose to much time when i use the 3. So this would be my next problem: Founding the right settings.

I'm shaming myself that I'm using manual so late...

I see alot of replays from the top 5, And in some corners they use the 3 gearing, I'm not. I use only 6 and 4 on whole the track. I try it but i loose to much time when i use the 3. So this would be my next problem: Founding the right settings.

I'm shaming myself that I'm using manual so late...
Kossie, just start by moving the final gear up by 30 points and take it from there. I see Hans hits 8000 before first corner. I am trying to copy him now also.

I always make alot of changes. Basically I tweak every aspect of the car. The stock setup is worthless.
If you reply to this post, I can reply with the setup. Not at PS3 ATM.
Keen to know what your setup is. I'm struggling with mid 29s.

1'27'774 with my Subaru Impreza GT300 Base Model '08 better than my S2000! !!!!! :banghead: :banghead:
I cant get any of your settings (power, gear settings, etc.) ☹

Last edited by a moderator:
Keen to know what your setup is. I'm struggling with mid 29s.
CUSCO DUNLOP SUBARU IMPREZA '08
Tires RH
Rideheight 55/50
Springs 16.25/15.00
Damper comp 3/4
Damper ext 6/8
ARB 4/5
Camber 0.1/0.2
Toe -0.10/0.30
Brake balance 6/3
Transmission
In this order; Final to max, max speed to lowest, then adjust individually
1: 2.499
2: 1.882
3: 1.531
4: 1.277
5: 1.093
6: 0.958
Then ser final to 4.200
LSD
Initial 10/20
Acc 5/10
Brake 25/20
Torque dist 30:70
Power limiter 95.1
DF 315/540
ABS 1
All other aids off

I did three laps, best lap 1:27.900

Good luck!

first try with the T030, 1m21,622 no abs, no suprise i was the first one using no aid like usual

i need to put some driving time and i'll be in the top 10

edit: Only 7500km for my first try
i put more km on the car on tomorrow i'll try it again

Last edited:
I've managed better times in the Impreza GT300 Base Model than in the Spoon S2000. Anybody able to tell me where I'm going wrong? My best time is a 1:29:XXX so far.

The Opera version of the S2000 when both are setup equally well, is about a second a lap faster. Partly wieght savings and I also think the tires are a little wider on the opera version.
It can also feel more sketchy if not set up properly, so many give up on it before getting it really good.

In 500pp race car QM's I tried every car and found about 6 other cars that were about a second off there too. Even the S2000 Race car is slower, but easier to drive.

Hope this helps. Oh and careful on the rapid posts in succession, frowned upon.

Back