500PP Racing Car Super Lap: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 521 comments
Just gave the Opera tune by @Jeje6410 and improved my time to a 1:24.908, thanks again for another great tune. :cheers:

Try jeje410 Opera tune with no F/R camber.
I'll have to give it a shot tomorrow when I get off work, so far the tune is very good as is.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 54
I hit the '22,9xx with the Elise '96 Race car

+200kg -12% 845kg

Downforce F150 R210

Engine Stage 2, High RPM Turbo 94,3% 266hp

lsd 9 8 14

FG 5 500 Max Speed extreme left FG 4 011

2711 1920 1525 1282 1094

110 125
4 72 7 93
2 10
7 10
7 7
0.1 0.0
-0.05 +0.08
BB 6 3 no abs

Enjoy, its hard to drive lmao

I drove a few laps with the Toyota at the weekend.
Until Saturday the time had even times in the top 3, but now I was expected to be passed through something.

My time is currently: 1:20.884 min :)

How the battery recharges best again I have not yet completely understood. In the replays that succeeds the guys better than me.

But much improvement I no longer see my DS3 since.

I drove a few laps with the Toyota at the weekend.
Until Saturday the time had even times in the top 3, but now I was expected to be passed through something.

My time is currently: 1:20.884 min :)

How the battery recharges best again I have not yet completely understood. In the replays that succeeds the guys better than me.

But much improvement I no longer see my DS3 since.
I would take off your traction control from 3 to 1. I think (not sure though) that the traction control slows you down while sliding. This speed loss is not used to charge your batteries. So.. less traction control, then you need more breaking, gives more battery. Mind you... I am just guesisng also.

Yeah that battery..... you must breake, Without braking you are ''faster'' but that battery must be loading in some turns. I have learn that today. Better a fast breake then a smooth no breake :cheers:

couple times i was 0.500 before my ghost but i destroy it in the downhill. Need a lighter car.

Same here I used @o0Maxx0o's tune, with his gearbox but, 2nd lap got a 1.24.776 but am now back to headbutting that wall. Worse thing about going faster is trying to beat it. Been up .5 sec. but always lose it after the corkscrew. Maybe tomorrow.:banghead:
Keep trying mate :cheers:, I am going for a better gearbox tomorrow for the Opera tune but I am not going to get my TS030 dirty oil.

I practice today with manual gears, My best lap was a 1:21.6 Not bad for a first day.

Edit: That manual gear is absolute faster, With a month practice..... I need to learn it but I'm sure i can do it. The car feel more stable when you gearing it self. In almost all my best times at TT's I drive a ''perfect'' round. with the manual gear i drive no way a perfect round and I am just 0.3 away from my record. I must learn this if i want always a top 50 time.

More beer and more practice...:lol:

Last edited:
I practice today with manual gears, My best lap was a 1:21.6 Not bad for a first day.

Edit: That manual gear is absolute faster, With a month practice..... I need to learn it but I'm sure i can do it. The car feel more stable when you gearing it self. In almost all my best times at TT's I drive a ''perfect'' round. with the manual gear i drive no way a perfect round and I am just 0.3 away from my record. I must learn this if i want always a top 50 time.

More beer and more practice...:lol:
Onwards and upwards :)

4900km done on the T030

1000 laps on Indy, i switched to Daytona, speed increase so more km done in similar time, run on the road for the next 20hours again and make sure i'll be enought low hp to make a top 10

I'm pretty sure this car with out abs can be good with baterie recharging

1:22.044 in the S2000 i can probably get it in the 1:21s but not sure if ill chase the last tenths. :)

Sorry i dont remember all the tune, but heres some data

ride height 120/90
lowest spring rate front/rear
damper 1/5
10/7
5/5 anti roll
0.0/0.0
0.0/-0.3
BB 5/5 ABS1

diff: 5/12/5

NO chassis reinforcement, NO oil change

Gearing trick(sorry i dont have the exact gear at the moment... but i can give them tomorrow if needed)
I use the gearing a little wide, not fully using the 6th gear so i can use 2nd gear to get out of corner no.1 and the last corner.

Same ballast setting and power mods as Maxx 's tune

Last edited:
1:22.044 in the S2000 i can probably get it in the 1:21s but not sure if ill chase the last tenths. :)

Sorry i dont remember all the tune, but heres some data

ride height 120/90
lowest spring rate front/rear
damper 1/5
10/7
5/5 anti roll
0.0/0.0
0.0/-0.3
BB 5/5 ABS1

diff: 5/12/5

NO chassis reinforcement, NO oil change

Gearing trick(sorry i dont have the exact gear at the moment... but i can give them tomorrow if needed)
I use the gearing a little wide, not fully using the 6th gear so i can use 2nd gear to get out of corner no.1 and the last corner.

Same ballast setting and power mods as Maxx 's tune

Happy to know my damper set still good with abs 1

Really sad about knew you beating me with the s2k lmao

So the quickest method of putting miles on the Toyota is to rubber band the controller stick in Test Drive mode on an oval and let it run for as long as possible?

Read the other thread linked in the post #1, a lot of information from same event a year ago

After 5 laps for this tune, I down to 1:24.7xx. Thanks
Need more detail for Tranmission set up

This is similar to what I ran last time. Jeje has a similar setup to this, with a taller final in the 3.50's, one of many I've tried.

I have tweaked it a little again, I'll post it if I see improvement after testing.
Max. Speed:
124 mph
1st Gear:3.794(or shortest available)
2nd Gear:2.784(or shortest needed to control wheel spin with TC0)
3rd Gear:2.202
4th Gear:1.788
5th Gear:1.469(used in left turn heading to cork screw)
6th Gear:1.294(set to avoid redline in longest straight depending on final gearing)
Final Gear:3.880
Special Instructions:
Reset = Final Gear to 5.000 = Max speed To lowest mph = Ratios = Final Gear to 3.880

This is similar to what I ran last time. Jeje has a similar setup to this, with a taller final in the 3.50's, one of many I've tried.

I have tweaked it a little again, I'll post it if I see improvement after testing.
Max. Speed:
124 mph
1st Gear:3.794(or shortest available)
2nd Gear:2.784(or shortest needed to control wheel spin with TC0)
3rd Gear:2.202
4th Gear:1.788
5th Gear:1.469(used in left turn heading to cork screw)
6th Gear:1.294(set to avoid redline in longest straight depending on final gearing)
Final Gear:3.880
Special Instructions:
Reset = Final Gear to 5.000 = Max speed To lowest mph = Ratios = Final Gear to 3.880
Every time I tell myself I'll have a break today and do some work, I read this 🤬 forum and my addiction kicks in. Now I'm off downstairs to my steering wheel. Damn!!!

Hi,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here!....

I am having terrible trouble setting my cars up. I came here as there is, quite obviously, a huge depth of knowledge and skill among you all.

Transmission settings are proving to be the most challenging to get right. Looking at Wedjim's last message here, something dawned on me...

"Reset = Final Gear to 5.000 = Max speed To lowest mph = Ratios = Final Gear to 3.880"

Is this the order in which you set things up please? i.e. ...

1. Set slider to 5.000 (final)
2. Set speed to lowest.
3. Select assorted ratios.
4. Move slider (final) back to 3.880.

All the rest of the set up stuff seems to make sense and bears some resemblance to what would actually happen to a real car. The gearbox though is a whole different story. Many thanks and regards from England.

Ohh and please be gentle with me - This is my first post. My first ever ever computer game. My first ever games console and I am 53 years old!!!

Ian.

Hi,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here!....

I am having terrible trouble setting my cars up. I came here as there is, quite obviously, a huge depth of knowledge and skill among you all.

Transmission settings are proving to be the most challenging to get right. Looking at Wedjim's last message here, something dawned on me...

"Reset = Final Gear to 5.000 = Max speed To lowest mph = Ratios = Final Gear to 3.880"

Is this the order in which you set things up please? i.e. ...

1. Set slider to 5.000 (final)
2. Set speed to lowest.
3. Select assorted ratios.
4. Move slider (final) back to 3.880.

All the rest of the set up stuff seems to make sense and bears some resemblance to what would actually happen to a real car. The gearbox though is a whole different story. Many thanks and regards from England.

Ohh and please be gentle with me - This is my first post. My first ever ever computer game. My first ever games console and I am 53 years old!!!

Ian.
Welcome mate to a world of frustation and enjoyment. That is exactly how u do it, read the tunes and take note of settings they make and do the tranny last. Have fun:cheers:

Back