520PP Super GT/GT300 Super Lap: Brands Hatch GP Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 434 comments
I use the DS3 with the same configuration like you. My time is 1:32,767 after 180km, so keep pushing there is a lot of time to gain for you. ;)

Thanks a lot...But...You are of the alien kind...Saw Your name many times on the top leader board over time...But I`m going to try to improve myself, of course...My struggle is not to go alien.. As long as I`m in the top of the grey masses, I`m happy..Hey note the phrase IN top of the grey..Not ON top..:lol: :cheers:

Hi again all ;)...Yesterday evening I tried again in my WedsSport Celica...Now down to 1.35.985...One second better than the day before. Was very happy to get under 1.36 and went to bed ranking no 631...I stole a little from someones Mazda RX LSD setting, and adapted it to my WedsSport...5-10-5...A very open setting, where I used to drive with 12-33-23 due to the wet...But that open setting worked...It gave around 0.5 sec...Then I tried to change my controller sensivity from max 7, to 4...That worked fine too, and gave the last 0.5 sec. Normally I always have it on 7 in TTs, and on 5 when racing...But in this wet condition on Brands, 4 seemed to work better....And tonight I will try to lower it even more....

However; I don`t think I can improve much more. I know that the way I use my controller is a handicap. I have throttle on the X, and brake on the square, so I lay my clumsy thumb over those two buttons, and use the thumb for both acc and brake...Gear up on R2, gear down L2, - R1 is handbrake, and L1 is rearwiev. Steering left stick of course.
It works for me, but I do know it is not optimal...I don`t want to change buttons; it would be like learning to play guitar from scratch, no thanks. In future of GT7/ps4 I will probably buy a wheel. So...

Hey am I the last and only guy in the World to use a Sixaxis controller?? Everyone else seem to use either some wheel, or a DS3...? I have the oldest of ps3, the fatboy 40GB.
I use gear up as square and gear down as X, L2 and R2 for brake and throttle respectively and directional buttons for steering. I used also Sixaxis controller.

Interesting...So different we are...Thanks...:gtpflag:
PS4 controller is much better although will require using L2 and R2 on analogue stick for throttle and brake due to digital face buttons. I mainly use DS3 on PS3 though, the only reason I used Sixaxis is closest controller I had and analogue stick seemed rubbish on it as quite old so used the digital directional buttons. One advantage of the old Sixaxis controller though is that it is quite light.

@light driver. I also have the same button assignments as you -and am danish like you(so that's no excuse ;)) Just use the RX7 base, fit praiano's setup to it -and you'll be climbing the board -if that's your aim. -And have a great time doing it!

Just improved a massive 0.619 using @praiano63's tune -down to 1:32.680 -ahead of @Ed_Night (till he sees this) but i'm pleased...Thanks Praiano sir :bowdown:

Such a frustrating day, set myself a target to break into the 32s and get back into the top 50, took 3 quarters of second of my previous best but still couldn't manage it. 1:33.026 and 52nd.

Thank you @praiano63, your setup got me where I am, just couldn't quite manage to get the power down properly and may have hit my wall for this seasonal.

@RacingLine are you using a @praiano63 setup or your own?

My own, i tried praianos and It's really Good just not perfect for my driving style :)

Now down to a 31.312, 7 thousands off 🤬

My own, i tried praianos and It's really Good just not perfect for my driving style :)

Good job mate. Iv reverted back to my own and now running 1.32.2/3 virtually every lap... Been up with MTTIafc few times now and keep losin the extra time in 2nd to last corner... Bloody frustrating... You just cant quit when you know the time is there to be had :rolleyes:

You just cant quit when you know the time is there to be had :rolleyes:

Tell me about it.. Every time I turn my ps3 on, I make 3 or 4 tenths. Just found out the late turn in makes a huge difference.. Feels wrong though.

How on earth you pull back the time through the second half of the lap is beyond me :confused: Me and @SW__10 are miles ahead coming out of surtees, then you make half a second up on me through the next few corners :bowdown: Comparing sector times, if I could do 2 rights and a left at the back of the circuit right, I'd be in the top 10 :(

Down to 1:32.638 but I feel there's still more to gain

Last edited:

I've studied your 31.4 lap intently, unbelievably smooth, I just can't make the car behave like that on turn in, it's that extra rotation you get that makes a huge difference, that and getting the power down.

Any tips? lol.

I've studied your 31.4 lap intently, unbelievably smooth, I just can't make the car behave like that on turn in, it's that extra rotation you get that makes a huge difference, that and getting the power down.

Any tips? lol.

I'm running 3 8 BB, no joke :P and the rest of the car is setup for understeer

My recent laps have been smoother, just a question of time when i string together all sectors:P

Good job mate. Iv reverted back to my own and now running 1.32.2/3 virtually every lap... Been up with MTTIafc few times now and keep losin the extra time in 2nd to last corner... Bloody frustrating... You just cant quit when you know the time is there to be had :rolleyes:

I've been on pace for a 31.2 and ofcourse you realize it and go off :banghead:

Tell me about it.. Every time I turn my ps3 on, I make 3 or 4 tenths. Just found out the late turn in makes a huge difference.. Feels wrong though.

How on earth you pull back the time through the second half of the lap is beyond me :confused: Me and @SW__10 are miles ahead coming out of surtees, then you make half a second up on me through the next few corners :bowdown: Comparing sector times, if I could do 2 rights and a left at the back of the circuit right, I'd be in the top 10 :(

Down to 1:32.638 but I feel there's still more to gain
The bad thing is few days i ago i had 1st, 2nd and 3rd corner absolutely nailed... Right on top of MTTI, but end of my lap wasnt that strong.... Now its the opposite... 1st is ok, 2nd im losin .2 virtually every time... Im always around 4-5 tenths behind... But i absolutely storm the last 2/3s of the lap... I can be behind u all (u, saidur, stotty) and still only end up with MTTI ahead... Drivin me insane now... I should of had a 31 ages ago

I have to say though that half a second ur talkin about comes from that first right hander... Thats just been my corner from the start... Gained on shooter there constantly... Then he puts me back in my place:lol:

I went and bought the RE Amemiya GT300 Base Model, used @praiano63 tune and I'm at 1:43:057. I have no idea where to find the 6-7 1/100s of a second I need for gold. At this point I have run more laps on this TT than I ever have before. My 1:43:057 was the first run in this car and the more laps I run the worse I get or my lap gets invalidated. I had a 42 and blew it in the last turn. I was trying to hug the curb and dropped a wheel in the grass :banghead:. Now my times are just worse. I guess it's time to stop and come back later. So close yet so far away.

Just threw away a 32.1 :odd::nervous: Did nail a 32.551 though

image.jpg

I will find you, and I will overtake you

Praise God! I waited a half hour and went back and on my first lap hit 1:41:936 for gold so I kept going hoping for a better time but alas it seems the first run is the ticket for me. Never been in the top 20, 000 before. It probably won't last but I feel good now and no glory to my self but to the One who made me.

Edit: I was so happy that I didn't care that I lost the 350,000 credits. I have been at 50, 000,000 for ages even after buying more cars that I'll probably never drive again.

Last edited:
The bad thing is few days i ago i had 1st, 2nd and 3rd corner absolutely nailed... Right on top of MTTI, but end of my lap wasnt that strong.... Now its the opposite... 1st is ok, 2nd im losin .2 virtually every time... Im always around 4-5 tenths behind... But i absolutely storm the last 2/3s of the lap... I can be behind u all (u, saidur, stotty) and still only end up with MTTI ahead... Drivin me insane now... I should of had a 31 ages ago

I have to say though that half a second ur talkin about comes from that first right hander... Thats just been my corner from the start... Gained on shooter there constantly... Then he puts me back in my place:lol:
I haven't done many laps on this so still finding my RacingLine although I know I can make time on your line on all the corners so hopefully you have much harder time of catching up last 2/3rds of lap ;). Main problem I find though is G27 FFB seems to lower quite quickly into a run. I wonder how it is with the Thrustmaster wheels, any loss of FFB?

Just threw away a 32.1 :odd::nervous: Did nail a 32.551 though

View attachment 298034

I will find you, and I will overtake you
I managed to do a 147 although I imagine I lost quite a bit of time in a few of the corners in last section. Good enough just for top 10 at time so 3 UK flags in top 10 and if I do get knocked out by one of you, should hopefully remain that way 👍.

I haven't done many laps on this so still finding my RacingLine although I know I can make time on your line on all the corners so hopefully you have much harder time of catching up last 2/3rds of lap ;). Main problem I find though is G27 FFB seems to lower quite quickly into a run. I wonder how it is with the Thrustmaster wheels, any loss of FFB?

I managed to do a 147 although I imagine I lost quite a bit of time in a few of corners in last section. Good enough just for top 10 at time so 3 UK flags in top 10 and if I do get knocked out by one of you guys, should hopefully remain that way 👍.
Iv finally manned up and took that active steering off, chucked some settings on for understeer and now at 1.32.301 with just ABS... Just couldnt handle the exits before without it... All sorted now...

@Saidur_Ali i still cant keep up at beginning... Im too far away once were hammering it from the top of the hill.... Im 3 tenths down at best... I can still close up to you by the finish line... Ive been up for 31.9/32.0 three or four times now and my composure just lets me down! I swear to god if i can just get the start again ill have you! ;)
👍

Great time all the same buddy, same on Tsukuba... Certainly looking like your track that one, 2 out of 2 atm. You aint takin this brands one! :banghead:

The feed back response seems pretty constant so mo worries there. I tend to start accelerating with too much steering input on and losing it at low speeds... Thats my main fault... Gunna try putting more wheel weight on to see if it stops me turning too much so i can rely on getting the rotation more coming off the brakes

Last edited:
Iv finally manned up and took that active steering off, chucked some settings on for understeer and now at 1.32.301 with just ABS... Just couldnt handle the exits before without it... All sorted now...

@Saidur_Ali i still cant keep up at beginning... Im too far away once were hammering it from the top of the hill.... Im 3 tenths down at best... I can still close up to you by the finish line... Ive been up for 31.9/32.0 three or four times now and my composure just lets me down! I swear to god if i can just get the start again ill have you! ;)
👍

Great time all the same buddy, same on Tsukuba... Certainly looking like your track that one, 2 out of 2 atm. You aint takin this brands one! :banghead:
It is much more fun driving without active steering 👍.

I struggle a bit at the beginning too, I know I can go a few tenths quicker than I usually do and I think I will need to in order to get a really good lap time. I know on last section I have gone really quick through there, on my fastest lap I messed it up but I know I can make some time on your fastest lap on there. I've been on for a time in high 31's quite a few times but really want a 31.7 as it seems it will me move a lot of places up in the leaderboard.

Thanks and you seem to doing really well on this so keep it up but I won't make it easy for you :).

Edit: Thanks for update regarding FFB, I might try later on in week with the T300 wheel I got. I am using @praiano63 setup without oil change and with High RPM turbo and 0 toe, might help in first sector as I find it can do really fast sector times with it.

Last edited:
It is much more fun driving without active steering 👍.

I struggle a bit at the beginning too, I know I can go a few tenths quicker than I usually do and I think I will need to in order to get a really good lap time. I know on last section I have gone really quick through there, on my fastest lap I messed it up but I know I can make some time on your fastest lap on there. I've been on for a time in high 31's quite a few times but really want a 31.7 as it seems it will me move a lot of places up in the leaderboard.

Thanks and you seem to doing really well on this so keep it up but I won't make it easy for you :).
31.7 is my goal also... You were very tame staying in 5th for all 3 right handers...
5th for the 1st, 4th then early 5th on the 2nd too is better... Definately more stable on the last one... Iv found a better drive in 4th for the exit to the last left hander also but braking point more crucial if u dont drop to 3rd 👍

31.7 is my goal also... You were very tame staying in 5th for all 3 right handers...
5th for the 1st, 4th then early 5th on the 2nd too is better... Definately more stable on the last one... Iv found a better drive in 4th for the exit to the last left hander also but braking point more crucial if u dont drop to 3rd 👍
Still got quite a bit of wheelspin in 5th but I know if I keep minimum speed high through them corners as well as getting good exits it can work out quite well for lap time. I do experiment with the gears though but on that lap, just wanted to bank a lap that had chance of going into top 10 👍.

I went and bought the RE Amemiya GT300 Base Model, used @praiano63 tune and I'm at 1:43:057. I have no idea where to find the 6-7 1/100s of a second I need for gold. At this point I have run more laps on this TT than I ever have before. My 1:43:057 was the first run in this car and the more laps I run the worse I get or my lap gets invalidated. I had a 42 and blew it in the last turn. I was trying to hug the curb and dropped a wheel in the grass :banghead:. Now my times are just worse. I guess it's time to stop and come back later. So close yet so far away.

Have you tried the Impreza GT300? I got gold with just a turbo upgrade, full downforce, and final gear adjustment. I used IM tires but I think wet may be better. The RX7 might be faster but its a lot harder to drive.

Have you tried the Impreza GT300? I got gold with just a turbo upgrade, full downforce, and final gear adjustment. I used IM tires but I think wet may be better. The RX7 might be faster but its a lot harder to drive.

@Draggon please read post number 167 above. I did get gold with the RX7. Thanks for the suggestion of the Impreza though.👍

@RacingLine are you sure 30s are out of the question? :lol:
Great time, Shooter's going to have his work cut out, your still p1 as of 11:55am UK time. Thanks for the brake bias tip too, finally broke the 32s with a 1:32.740 which is good enough for 43rd overall at the moment, only a half second off @Evo19uk

I have found I can make up roughly a half a tenth on you in the final corner and run to the finish line though.

Thanks again. :)

1:32.518 -improvement using a new car (old one done 5000km and had a couple of rig. restorations), Praiano-tune exept NO oilchange and Rear ride height at 40. ...-But who knows if a 0.162 improvement isn't just me, getting my act together...;)

-But who knows if a 0.162 improvement isn't just me, getting my act together...;)

Could be something like that, new car, renewed confidence, greater familiarity with the circuit and conditions, probably all contribute to a faster lap, I know the more I drive this circuit, the more confident I'm becoming, although, I've only had GT6 since December and didn't know Brands at all before then so, it may just be me lol :boggled:

To improve my lap time I stepped on the softer brake to keep the car on the racing line and so to begin accelerating earlier. I hope this helps 👍

I saw now that you already got the gold. Congratulations 👍👍
:cheers:

Last edited:
Back