520PP Super GT/GT300 Super Lap: Brands Hatch GP Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 434 comments
Fightings going on for top 10 there... Meeh hope it`s OK for a more "normal" person like me to post my tries here... Would perhaps even be relieving for other "normals" to see they`re not alone?? ;)

Tried again last night in my WedsSport celica...Improved 0.9 sec, so down to 1.36.982...Very normal time that placed me as provisional 1060... Guess I am downed a few hundreths when I fire up on my system in a few hours.

Frustrating it was thar after making that "normal" time, I drove away from it with another 0.9 sec at the end of the backstraight, but in the following righthanders that me-ghost had much more grip and came after no-ghost-me...Happened 3-4 times, and then I decided it was too late for more driving, and went to bed...But soon I will have another go...I tune the car by myself, I never use tunes from here, but I look at them to get a few ideas. I run high numbers on the LSD, to get good acceleration on the straights...Been fiddling a lot with that...

Isn`t it funny.. For You alien guys posting here it would be a disaster to be in the 1060ies rank...To me it`s very good...There is only around 1100persons out there who is better than me...

Over time I also noticed something strange (or in fact it is not strange, but still surprising) - When a TT ends one should think that the difference between rank 1 and 1000 should be, let`s say 1 sec. And the difference from no 1000 to no 10.000 should be, let`s say 5 sec..But...Think again...

The gap from no 1 to no 1000 is a stunning 4-5 sec (typical on a track like Brands) - But the gap between no 1000 and no 10.000 is typical only 1-2 sec when ranking period ends...

This is surprising...The explenation is, of course, that the "alien elite" is extremely small, around 100 persons or something...Just look at how fast the time increases when starting with no 1 and going just a little under...The gaps accelerates...At some point around rank 500 or something the acceleration stops. At this spot You reach the top of the "grey masses". Nothing new about it really...

For every second faster you get, it becomes exponentially harder to gain further time. Going from a 38 to 36 is easy. Going from 32.5 to 32.2 is much more difficult.

I'm a clown :dunce:

Was using the nice tune from @praiano63 (THANKS AGAIN 👍) and was struggling to get closer to the top of my friend leader board with a 1:37,950 (DS3, ABS1). Then I took a look at the leader board more closely only to find out they all use full rain tires. :crazy:
That was a fun hour drifting on intermediates but not very useful for a proper time on the leader boards.:lol:
I really need to read more carefully 💡

After changing to the wet tires quickly got a 1:35,542 with some room for improvement.
Still need quite some practice in order to get closer to @lisanorm and @nowcontrol

Last edited:
Its interesting watching the top drivers lines. Shooter makes such a late turn in on hawthorne and westfield its almost scary.

I have this tune at 1:33.601 RE AMEMiYA RX7 GT300 BASE MODEL `06 It´s an easy car.
Damn this is a fun to drive :dopey: fun, easy and fast :dopey: what the hell, it's perfect :bowdown: thanks for sharing :gtpflag:

That's because It's the dryest part of the turn, = more grip = higher cornering speed

Just comes to mind, is there less water or is the rubber on the racing line making it more slippery?

Congrats for the amazing times you're making, just insane :bowdown:

Indeed some amazing times are being made by the top players and a great battle for 1st place. :bowdown:

Improved a bit myself with the excellent tune from praiano63 to a 1:34.804 (DS3, ABS1)

Have to try the Subaru later to compare it with the RX-7 I'm using now.
It looks like a lot of controller users prefer the Subaru. Anyone here some experience with these cars and DS3?

Muahahaha

image.jpg

Used an Impreza GT300 and trimmed down my time to 1:39.415. Finally beaten @KazaMR2! And stationed on 5749th place

image.jpg

It's too easy, if you can beat my time... (Sorry for blurry pics)

It looks like a lot of controller users prefer the Subaru. Anyone here some experience with these cars and DS3?

I have tried most of the eligible cars and indeed the Impreza and RX-7 are by far the fastest.

My time with the Impreza so far is 1:34.442, but I have also run the RX-7 for a 1:34.472 so it's very close for me and I could probably go bit faster with both cars too. :D

Indeed some amazing times are being made by the top players and a great battle for 1st place. :bowdown:

Improved a bit myself with the excellent tune from praiano63 to a 1:34.804 (DS3, ABS1)

DS3 user here, I used the Impreza first and got down to a 1:34.6 if memory serves me correctly, it's a lot more stable then the Mazda. I tried Micheal's rx-7 tune yesterday, and could only get down to a 1:34.9, I can never seem to completely floor it and expect it to stick ... I'll probably give priano's tune a go later today, because I can't help feeling that the RX-7 has more potential.

Any of you guys really think theres a massive difference between the tires?... I mean clearly looks like it with the all the top runners on wets but im finding virtually little difference... I just hit a 32.7 on inters.... Messed up 1st and 2nd corner... Its touch harder to get the traction out of the slower corners, e.g 2nd corner... Apart from that felt no different? Maybe someone with more talent could gain even more.. Only put around 7 laps in on them

Gave up with the inters haha

Last edited:
Hi again all ;)...Yesterday evening I tried again in my WedsSport Celica...Now down to 1.35.985...One second better than the day before. Was very happy to get under 1.36 and went to bed ranking no 631...I stole a little from someones Mazda RX LSD setting, and adapted it to my WedsSport...5-10-5...A very open setting, where I used to drive with 12-33-23 due to the wet...But that open setting worked...It gave around 0.5 sec...Then I tried to change my controller sensivity from max 7, to 4...That worked fine too, and gave the last 0.5 sec. Normally I always have it on 7 in TTs, and on 5 when racing...But in this wet condition on Brands, 4 seemed to work better....And tonight I will try to lower it even more....

However; I don`t think I can improve much more. I know that the way I use my controller is a handicap. I have throttle on the X, and brake on the square, so I lay my clumsy thumb over those two buttons, and use the thumb for both acc and brake...Gear up on R2, gear down L2, - R1 is handbrake, and L1 is rearwiev. Steering left stick of course.
It works for me, but I do know it is not optimal...I don`t want to change buttons; it would be like learning to play guitar from scratch, no thanks. In future of GT7/ps4 I will probably buy a wheel. So...

Hey am I the last and only guy in the World to use a Sixaxis controller?? Everyone else seem to use either some wheel, or a DS3...? I have the oldest of ps3, the fatboy 40GB.

Wow, I was using the base setup on the RX7 and the best I could manage was a 1:38.00. Using that tune I'm down to 1:34.833, currently 299th!

Thats the first time I've used a tune, I never realised they could make such a difference,

Thank you!

Hi again all ;)...Yesterday evening I tried again in my WedsSport Celica...Now down to 1.35.985...One second better than the day before. Was very happy to get under 1.36 and went to bed ranking no 631...I stole a little from someones Mazda RX LSD setting, and adapted it to my WedsSport...5-10-5...A very open setting, where I used to drive with 12-33-23 due to the wet...But that open setting worked...It gave around 0.5 sec...Then I tried to change my controller sensivity from max 7, to 4...That worked fine too, and gave the last 0.5 sec. Normally I always have it on 7 in TTs, and on 5 when racing...But in this wet condition on Brands, 4 seemed to work better....And tonight I will try to lower it even more....

However; I don`t think I can improve much more. I know that the way I use my controller is a handicap. I have throttle on the X, and brake on the square, so I lay my clumsy thumb over those two buttons, and use the thumb for both acc and brake...Gear up on R2, gear down L2, - R1 is handbrake, and L1 is rearwiev. Steering left stick of course.
It works for me, but I do know it is not optimal...I don`t want to change buttons; it would be like learning to play guitar from scratch, no thanks. In future of GT7/ps4 I will probably buy a wheel. So...

Hey am I the last and only guy in the World to use a Sixaxis controller?? Everyone else seem to use either some wheel, or a DS3...? I have the oldest of ps3, the fatboy 40GB.

I use the DS3 with the same configuration like you. My time is 1:32,767 after 180km, so keep pushing there is a lot of time to gain for you. ;)

Such a frustrating day, set myself a target to break into the 32s and get back into the top 50, took 3 quarters of second of my previous best but still couldn't manage it. 1:33.026 and 52nd.

Thank you @praiano63, your setup got me where I am, just couldn't quite manage to get the power down properly and may have hit my wall for this seasonal.

@RacingLine are you using a @praiano63 setup or your own?

I managed to get top 100 with a 1:33.604 using directional buttons, thought it would be interesting to use them as I don't think I have ever used them in a time trial on GT5 or GT6. I imagine 1:31 is possible using them as I can go a few tenths up @Evo19uk line half way through the lap before messing up.

Well done @SW__10 on getting in top 10, seemed a really calm lap 👍.

Back