520PP Super GT/GT300 Super Lap: Brands Hatch GP Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 434 comments
I'm currently racing the RX7 Base Model in the DGTR GT300 Danish series. Wonderful drive -so i went straight at this with my standard racing setup. Last night i had reached 1:33.898 with it.

Woke up this morning to find a couple of tunes for it and decided to give @01Michael's setup a go. It then took me less than an hour to get a 1:33.299 :) Definitely recommendable setup! 👍

I'm off for the weekend but i will be back to hunt that 32 down. And also to try the @praiano63 -tune.

Thanks a lot to both for posting!

Man! I'm keeping up with nowcontrols ghost line during the first part of the track, but i just can't get my **** together on the back part of the track! I feel like i could be doing way better than the 1:39.235 that i have. :/

Fightings going on for top 10 there... Meeh hope it`s OK for a more "normal" person like me to post my tries here... Would perhaps even be relieving for other "normals" to see they`re not alone?? ;)

Tried again last night in my WedsSport celica...Improved 0.9 sec, so down to 1.36.982...Very normal time that placed me as provisional 1060... Guess I am downed a few hundreths when I fire up on my system in a few hours.

Frustrating it was thar after making that "normal" time, I drove away from it with another 0.9 sec at the end of the backstraight, but in the following righthanders that me-ghost had much more grip and came after no-ghost-me...Happened 3-4 times, and then I decided it was too late for more driving, and went to bed...But soon I will have another go...I tune the car by myself, I never use tunes from here, but I look at them to get a few ideas. I run high numbers on the LSD, to get good acceleration on the straights...Been fiddling a lot with that...

Isn`t it funny.. For You alien guys posting here it would be a disaster to be in the 1060ies rank...To me it`s very good...There is only around 1100persons out there who is better than me...

Over time I also noticed something strange (or in fact it is not strange, but still surprising) - When a TT ends one should think that the difference between rank 1 and 1000 should be, let`s say 1 sec. And the difference from no 1000 to no 10.000 should be, let`s say 5 sec..But...Think again...

The gap from no 1 to no 1000 is a stunning 4-5 sec (typical on a track like Brands) - But the gap between no 1000 and no 10.000 is typical only 1-2 sec when ranking period ends...

This is surprising...The explenation is, of course, that the "alien elite" is extremely small, around 100 persons or something...Just look at how fast the time increases when starting with no 1 and going just a little under...The gaps accelerates...At some point around rank 500 or something the acceleration stops. At this spot You reach the top of the "grey masses". Nothing new about it really...

Got down to 1'32.4 for 5th before bed and wake up to out of top 10 already :D Great battle going on in here with the top 2 runners 👍

Will try some more laps after work tonight... the RX7 base car is a fantastic drive on wet tyres I gotta say :bowdown:
Keep at it chaps ;) 👍

Managed to get down to 1:33.007 but I've been a couple of tenths up on that a few times so I'm hoping I should see 32's soon.

I love driving this thing, and looking at it. It makes me miss my old one all the more :(

image.jpg

Back