550PP Non-Race Car Super Lap: Eifel Flat

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 167 comments
If you are stuck and not improving, maybe try different toe settings.

Toe I using:
0-0
0-0

I think with this track its more the gear setting. I use the tommy and i like a long gear setting. Before the first turn to the right i am in the sixth gear. That helps me today to make a low 39 lap.

If i can use the manual gears here i'm sure i can make a low 38 with it. But i'm sucks with that.

I put a little to out on both ends last night and was immediately better in the slowing turns, front could turn in earlier and rotation completed while accelerating out

One thing I noticed... When I went back to my old settings, my times got faster... I kept my settings rather tame... My ride height is low, but it doesn't bottom out... I set the rear about an inch higher... The shocks are set a little lower, and the dampers are set at 5... Aero full down force... I set my top speed at 165, then play with second, third and fourth gears... The ride is manageable, but it will get side ways, if pushed too hard... Just remember this, these cars handle a lot like a real car, so approach the set ups like a real car... I've actually did a lot of racing, back in the day... Stock cars and drag racing... Today, I went back to that thinking and my time improved... Being smooth is the secret, the speed will come once you manage that... There's my 2 cents worth... lol

:banghead::banghead: can't figure for the life of me why I'm having such a hard time with this TT. I have tried 3 different cars, 5 different tunes and just don't seem to be able to get even silver this time. It feels like this time the track is even more slippery than the last time. I golded this one before by a mere .1 sec. but gold nonetheless. I'm going to just quit for a while and come later.

Here's a photo of me, back in 1997... This was at Buck Baker's Racing School... I was just getting into Stock Cars, after moving from Drag Racing... I raced some Late Model stocks and even tested for the ARCA series...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 34
How's that weather treating you Retiree? From all reports it's a bit on the wild side at present.

Ahh the weather, she's wild alright, water everwhere. My yard is terraced and now all the soil from the top is on the bottom and my racing den got flooded. Been shovelling and brooming for days but now the sun's out, hopefully it's all over.

Had time for 20 laps before heading out to work and improved to a 1:38.346 trying different toe settings other than 0.00.

Went back to 0.00 toe front and back and changed the diff to 5/10/25 and almost got a 1:37 with a 1:38.043 (21st ATM).

Smooth is fast with this one with as little steering input as you can get away with.

I'll give this a shot tomorrow Jeje, your other tune is the only one I can get that Honda around with, but because I'm tippy-toeing everywhere I'm still slow.

Also I think I'm having throttle dramas. Has anyone had the problem where the engine is breaking down like it's on the rev limiter when accelerating and hitting say 7000 and sticking there for 2 or 3 seconds. It seems worse in manual. I have G29 pedals on a T300 and I hooked my G27 set up to check and it seemed ok but I could't really do a comparison because the damn brake pedal wouldn't work. I would really appreciate it anyone could help. Thank you in advance, and Jeje now's your chance to flog me because I can't fight back!!!:scared::scared::lol:

I'll give this a shot tomorrow Jeje, your other tune is the only one I can get that Honda around with, but because I'm tippy-toeing everywhere I'm still slow.

Also I think I'm having throttle dramas. Has anyone had the problem where the engine is breaking down like it's on the rev limiter when accelerating and hitting say 7000 and sticking there for 2 or 3 seconds. It seems worse in manual. I have G29 pedals on a T300 and I hooked my G27 set up to check and it seemed ok but I could't really do a comparison because the damn brake pedal wouldn't work. I would really appreciate it anyone could help. Thank you in advance, and Jeje now's your chance to flog me because I can't fight back!!!:scared::scared::lol:

:lol: :lol:
Do not worry about that my friend. I'm still far from being able to overtake you or catch up with you. Because of my work I can only play on Friday and it's hard to get back to it. For the steering wheel you just have to resume the DS3. :lol: :lol:

1:40.351!!!

your photo seems like a chuck norris;)
LOL!!!

Got a question... I seem to be slowest in the S's after the second turn... I use throttle control through this section, but if I use too much gas, I get side ways, if I ease off, it's too slow... I've even tried using the rumble strips, but that doesn't help either... Anybody have a preferred driving line through here???

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a question... I'm seem to be slowest in the S's after the second turn... I use throttle control through this section, but if I use too much gas, I get side ways, if I ease off, it's too slow... I've even tried using the rumble strips, but that doesn't help either... Anybody have a preferred driving line through here???

Billy, you are not alone. I'm having the same problems. I've used a number of different cars and tunes and haven't even got silver. I golded this one the last time using the GSX/R, but not this time. The track seems even more slippery than the last time.

Billy, you are not alone. I'm having the same problems. I've used a number of different cars and tunes and haven't even got silver. I golded this one the last time using the GSX/R, but not this time. The track seems even more slippery than the last time.
I'll post my car and it's set up, when I get home... It's pretty tame, but you should beat the Gold time limit... The car is stable, and smooth... I got 1:40.351 with it, today...

Damn I wanted that 1:39, but it wasn't to be.

NSX%20PRIME.jpg

You really using all that power units ? Forget it: No power units, All weight red. 75 kg ballast at 50+% I got my 39 lap with this.

What tune are you using for the TK?

Not trying to argue with the rules here but it doesn't really make sense if an hour later he edits his post, and say the most of us read his post already, we don't get a notification about it, then the next guy posts and we never get to see his edit. If he posts again a bit later, we get notified.

I moderate a forum and no one uses the edit button or multi quote and yes it's annoying but it's not a big deal in reality. We're dealing with software that doesn't resize pictures. Rules say 800x600. Now that! is an annoying thing to deal with.

I had more to say, like what if someone likes your post, but then after you add something doesn't like it? They like everything in your post but one thing, now they aren't going to like it at all, they have a fear of liking it, and liking posts is what the world is all about, right? But I don't want to cause a fuss. Glad you added some of your own.

Even though it's completely unrelated, I've added this to my original post, and those people that liked it like EVERYTHING I'M SAYING for the rest of this thread. lol

Last edited:
Finally hit a 37! Think the last time I did something like this was back in GT Academy.

Car: NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car
Racing Brakes
Triple-Plate Clutch
Max Downforce
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Oil Change (Do this often)
Set Limiter to 87.8%
No Body Improve Rigidity but Restore after each session

RH: 69/70
SR: 6.00/9.50
D(C): 1/1
D(E): 1/1
ARB: 3/3
CA: 0.00/0.00
TA: 0.00/0.00

Brakes: 5/5

Set Final to 2.500
Set Max Speed to 168
Pull sliders on gears 1-5 all the way left. Set 6th to 1.950

LSD: 7/12/15

Comments on setup: I'm definitively no setup guru but at least I got accustomed to what I put together. I've had the LSD acceleration higher but it was becoming too snappy. You can add 0.01 of rear toe for more stability although it makes inducing the slides a little harder. I wish 2nd gear was taller and 3rd gear shorter but this was the best I could manage.

Finally cracked the 39s, thought I'd done it 'till I looked at my time, 1.40.086, OM:censored:G. Determined to do it I kept going and two laps later had a 1.39.998. You bloody beauty!! Then I thought I'd better chase my friend Ford Laser's 1.39.733. As usual I was up to .8 ahead 'till I got to that long right and the one after it and just failed. Several times.

New beer and bingo 1.39.736. Maybe tomorrow.:cheers:

Could everyone please read this section about Double Posting and then stop doing it? I've just had to merge double posts from four members on this page alone.

Sorry about that. Maybe you keep having this issue because it's the only board on the planet that has an issue with it? I'm not being snarky, I'm being honest. I belong to, hell, I don't know, 50+ forums, and this is the only one with this "rule", so it's a bit hard to remember. I'll try to do better :).

Back