550PP Non-Race Car Super Lap: Eifel Flat

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 167 comments
Sorry about that. Maybe you keep having this issue because it's the only board on the planet that has an issue with it? I'm not being snarky, I'm being honest. I belong to, hell, I don't know, 50+ forums, and this is the only one with this "rule", so it's a bit hard to remember. I'll try to do better :).
Please read this section about why GTPlanet has unusual rules.

Finally cracked the 39s, thought I'd done it 'till I looked at my time, 1.40.086, OM:censored:G. Determined to do it I kept going and two laps later had a 1.39.998. You bloody beauty!! Then I thought I'd better chase my friend Ford Laser's 1.39.733. As usual I was up to .8 ahead 'till I got to that long right and the one after it and just failed. Several times.

New beer and bingo 1.39.736. Maybe tomorrow.:cheers:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :cheers:

Not trying to argue with the rules here but it doesn't really make sense if an hour later he edits his post, and say the most of us read his post already, we don't get a notification about it, then the next guy posts and we never get to see his edit. If he posts again a bit later, we get notified.

I moderate a forum and no one uses the edit button or multi quote and yes it's annoying but it's not a big deal in reality. We're dealing with software that doesn't resize pictures. Rules say 800x600. Now that! is an annoying thing to deal with.

Finally cracked the 39s, thought I'd done it 'till I looked at my time, 1.40.086, OM:censored:G. Determined to do it I kept going and two laps later had a 1.39.998. You bloody beauty!! Then I thought I'd better chase my friend Ford Laser's 1.39.733. As usual I was up to .8 ahead 'till I got to that long right and the one after it and just failed. Several times.
Not good news for me my G29 has called it a day :mad:, it will be sometime before I will get a new one have fun my friend :cheers:.

It will be a while mate, I am not going to use my DS3 because I have not use one in years. Dalone this is my second G29 wheel and it time to look at other wheels.
I'm really surprised to hear that the G29 doesn't last. I have been doing some research on what wheel to replace my current one with ( I mostly use a DS3) and so far all the reviews of the G29 have been very good. I'll have to keep looking into this.

I try today the NSX. in the first sector i'm faster with it. But after that sector the slippy **** begins. .... This car needs a bit practice because i'm used to the ZZII.

to be continued.....

I'm really surprised to hear that the G29 doesn't last. I have been doing some research on what wheel to replace my current one with ( I mostly use a DS3) and so far all the reviews of the G29 have been very good. I'll have to keep looking into this.
I have just found the problem why the G29 wheel stopped working, it was the cable that goes from the G29 to the PS3, luckily I had another cable from my other wheel and the G29 came to life so I am a happy person now :). Hey @Dalone all good now mate 👍.

I have just found the problem why the G29 wheel stopped working, it was the cable that goes from the G29 to the PS3, luckily I had another cable from my other wheel and the G29 came to life so I am a happy person now :). Hey @Dalone all good now mate 👍.
Glad to hear that as they cost an arm and a leg. I'm waiting until the new game (GT7) comes out before I retire my PS3 and G27.

Me too, cable 'expire' freak me out. Mine is the HDMI cable since from using the big fat PS3 console until last week.. :lol:

Here' a cool setup, plus it's manageable... Just got a 1:39.994 with it... Hope it helps you, too...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 94
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    74 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    52.3 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    59.3 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    83.1 KB · Views: 89
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 88
that is great news!! now all I have to do is wait for the tax return and then I think my summer project will be to build a rig for it, using the link that @GhostRider65 had on one of his posts!!

So frustrating. I'm trying less downforce today with my Tommy, First 2 sectors i destroy my record but it looks like you need downforce in the last sectors.

Anyway, A low 38 is possible. Playing with the gears is the key here.

This naughty Beetle Angel could get a bronze medal :yuck:

Man this really makes me want to hide under a rock.:lol: I barely got bronze after 6 different cars and 9 different tunes. I golded this the last time with the GSX/R, but not this time:irked:. I know I have put in over 50 laps on this one and have not improved my time by a tenth. Normally I would not give up but I've had it with this one. It just isn't worth the frustration.

To clarify, it has nothing to do with the tunes, i just don't seem to be able to find the rhythm to this track. I've tried everything I can think of. What makes it so bad is that I can keep up with my friends ghost lines until the last 2 turns then it all goes to 🤬.

Man this really makes me want to hide under a rock.:lol: I barely got bronze after 6 different cars and 9 different tunes. I golded this the last time with the GSX/R, but not this time:irked:. I know I have put in over 50 laps on this one and have not improved my time by a tenth. Normally I would not give up but I've had it with this one. It just isn't worth the frustration.

To clarify, it has nothing to do with the tunes, i just don't seem to be able to find the rhythm to this track. I've tried everything I can think of. What makes it so bad is that I can keep up with my friends ghost lines until the last 2 turns then it all goes to 🤬.
Drive a little deeper into the second to last turn... Use the rumble strips on the left as your braking point, you'll have to get hard on the brakes, but it works...

Last edited:
Drive a little deeper into the second to last turn... Use the rumble strips on the left as your braking point, you'll have to get hard on the brakes, but it works...

Billy, thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try. I already have my brakes set pretty high to get slowed down and I have been all over the rumble strips. I lose all of my time in the last 2 turns. As far as the tunes go, every one of them has a tremendous amount of understeer and with an automatic tranny I can't downshift to 1st gear. I'm not blaming or slamming any of the tuners, it's just me.I have tried for years to use MT but I'm just not coordinated enough:lol::dunce:. What it really comes down to is the frustration. I don't need the prizes and I have never been a fan of the Super Laps.

Billy, thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try. I already have my brakes set pretty high to get slowed down and I have been all over the rumble strips. I lose all of my time in the last 2 turns. As far as the tunes go, every one of them has a tremendous amount of understeer and with an automatic tranny I can't downshift to 1st gear. I'm not blaming or slamming any of the tuners, it's just me.I have tried for years to use MT but I'm just not coordinated enough:lol::dunce:. What it really comes down to is the frustration. I don't need the prizes and I have never been a fan of the Super Laps.
I use an automatic to, I got a 1:39.7 something using it...

Learn from a real manual transmission car + heal & toe techniques. I can tell you that, you will dump the auto even playing sim racing game. :cheers:

Scroll up this page and look at my set up... I took photos of it... You can run 1:40's consistly with it, but once you get the feel, you'll get into the 1:39's... Notice my brake set up... 5 on front and 2 on the rear... And, be aggressive... Get on top of the wheel... You can do this... I did... lol

Back