550PP Non-Race Car Super Lap: Eifel Flat

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 167 comments

Tried out the 4.2 R8 with a tune by @Ed_Night on it, despite having less power, less torque and heavier with possibly slightly worse weight distribution than the RUF CTR2 the Audi was just quicker with a 1m39.8
Its a sweet drive round this skid pan 👍

Here is another high recommendable car for this event.

View attachment 475830

95 80
7,35 8,40
2 2
3 3
6 6
0 0
0 0

BB: 4 / 4

LSD: 5 / 5 /5 (front), 5 / 15 / 5 (rear)

torque split: 35:65

power: racing exhaust + CPU + cat. @ 93,2% limiter

weight: install all parts = 1.248kg

downforce: 100 / 200

gearbox:

reset to default
topspeed: 200km/h
gears ( 1st - 6th ): 4,626 / 3,392 / 2,830 / 2,390 / 2,029 / 1,721
FG: 2,500

If I can get a few corners right, I can get in the low 1:39s :).
My Great Capture Screenshot 2017-03-28 14-12-43.png

I chasing you Fordy, 1.40.143 in the Tommy K, had another go in the NSX but haven't half finished a lap yet. :)

I am chasing @nowcontrol if I can do a better lap with Tommy, I will be in the low 1:39s but I don't think I will catch nowcontrol but I will try :).
View attachment 637417

Well, I know what I have to do. Go hunting to catch up with my friends @fordlaser777 and @Retiree . Either tried to do it with my NSX (I can improve my time) or with a Tommykaira (I have one in 550PP but only in hard sport). But what bothers me is that I have to wait until Friday.:irked: :irked:

I threw a slew of tunes at the NSX last night to no avail. At times, I can get a drift going but it either snaps around or pushes wide. :grumpy:

Sorry about
I don't think you are quite the oldest... but I'm sure the GTP Geezer Club would be happy to have you joining in on their fun. 👍 :D

Edit: Also for future posts, try not to make one after the other like you have above. PLEASE use the edit button to the right of your posts to add extra comments to the singular post. ;)
that, I'm on my cell phone and I couldn't see the mistake until after I posted ot
I don't think you are quite the oldest... but I'm sure the GTP Geezer Club would be happy to have you joining in on their fun. 👍 :D

Edit: Also for future posts, try not to make one after the other like you have above. PLEASE use the edit button to the right of your posts to add extra comments to the singular post. ;)
I'm sorry, like I said I'm new at this...

I wonder what times the aliens make with the tommy or Mclaren. This cars are much more stable, And thats more my style than a ****ing drift race.

1:41.8xx with @Otaliema Tommy kaira ZZ II'00 tune and have space to improve it. Want to try some NSX tune later.

You really using all that power units ? Forget it: No power units, All weight red. 75 kg ballast at 50+%

I got my 39 lap with this.

This....
This....
Stinkin' ice rink! I'm trying to get gold with my RX500, about 1.15 seconds off the mark. I've thrown several tunes at the car and just can't seem to improve much more.
I'm about to give up and use my tommy to see if I can at least get gold...

Good this gentlemen challenge...

@shoenboggie @KimVieira are you ready for another round tomorrow!?
always ready my friend...

First, I don't want to send someone in the wrong direction. With this tune, for me, the car is more stable. With a manual transmission and no mistake, I know it can go way faster.

1:40.2xx
Dualshock
ABS: 1
Automatic transmission

No oil change, no improve body rigidity, no ballast.

Suspension
65 / 85
7.60 / 6.61
7 / 3
3 / 7
4 / 4
0.0 / 0.0
-0.20 / 0.20

Brake
5 / 5

Transmission
Max. Speed
260 km/h

Drivetrain
5 / 5 / 20

Power
93.4%

Downforce
350 / 600

If the car is still too slippery
50 / 70
8.60 7.61
10 / 1
1 / 10
4 / 4
0.0 / 0.0
-0.20 / 0.20

Don't try this at home :)
you suspension setup is very good; it helps; thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm liking this website... It's better than Facebook... As, you can probably tell, I'm new at this game... Even though I've played all of the GT games... I'm probably the oldest on this site, I'm 64 years old... Did a lot of street racing back in the day, but gotta say... This is a lotta fun, and safer... lol... Thanks for all the help... Hope to see y'all racing online...

Welcome aboard!!!👍

As @nowcontrol says, check out the GTP Geezer Club thread, we have quite a few members who are over 60 and some that are over 70. I've been a member of this exclusive club for two years:):drool:

Here's my initial results in this TT with the TK ZZII, I just missed getting into the 1:39's so more laps are required::grumpy:

33677085706_6c89aea7f8_k.jpg

See you on the tracks!
:cheers:

Welcome aboard!!!👍

As @nowcontrol says, check out the GTP Geezer Club thread, we have quite a few members who are over 60 and some that are over 70. I've been a member of this exclusive club for two years:):drool:

Here's my initial results in this TT with the TK ZZII, I just missed getting into the 1:39's so more laps are required::grumpy:

View attachment 637707

See you on the tracks!
:cheers:
How do I join???

HELP!!! My best lap is 1:41.401... In a NSX... Any helpful tips would be appreciated...
I seem to be going in the wrong direction... I can't run any faster... I've tried other cars and used the set ups I see posted, here... What really burns me up is, I don't remember my set up, on my fastest lap... I tweaked it, then I started going slower... lol!!! Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait on the next seasonal tt and see what I can do then... Thanks for all the help... This is a cool place to be...

I seem to be going in the wrong direction... I can't run any faster... I've tried other cars and used the set ups I see posted, here... What really burns me up is, I don't remember my set up, on my fastest lap... I tweaked it, then I started going slower... lol!!! Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait on the next seasonal tt and see what I can do then... Thanks for all the help... This is a cool place to be...

Hi Billy, in every TT's I try to get gold with the cheapest tires (comfort hard). When I'm at my maximum limits, I put the right tires on the car. Everything is soo easy after :)

Back