550PP Non-Race Car Super Lap: Eifel Flat

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 167 comments
Well........ Give it a shot today with my Mclaren and its even fun......(sorry guys).

I'm in the top 200 now, Next goal: top 100. With a good tune and practice this is fun. Its not realistic at all on this ''ice'' but i think you go be a better driver with this slippy ****. Beer time and have fun with the f1 race!!!:cheers::cheers:

I used Jeje's tune and I thought this man is becoming a genius, first lap the car drove like it was on soft slicks and got a 1.44.9. Then the game must of realised it was me plus me not spending much time on this track we started a battle.

Half a dozen laps later after sliding of the track for no reason often and fishtailing with no chance of catching it, I ended with a 1.43.9. I think my friends have got me on this one.:dunce:

So my attempts to tune the CTR myself aren't going well. Decided to reset the suspension and start again, minimised ride night, spring rate, dampers and roll bars, zero'd toe and camber as my new start point then took it for a spin. Went 8 tenths quicker immediately (1m42.0) and the car is now almost fun to drive. Maybe it is because Eifel Flat really 'is' flat, or my terrible driving of thr car was slightly less terrible

My first attempt at driving on ice. First lap, high 1:42.x, was satisfied to get gold then... why not a few more laps.
I'm kind of shy to post my time compare to you guys and in the same time, I'm satisfied with it!

Congratulations to everyone!

Edit: Did a 1:40.2 and my ps3 crash, grrrrr!

IMG_0644.JPG

Seeing you're 2 1/2 seconds faster than me any tips from you would be handy also. :lol::lol:
Set your transmission to a top speed of 149, you will hear it hit the rev-limiter just before you enter turn one but that's okay, that's a braking point, don't use them. Wait until you're half way through turns 1 and 2 then brake. It's a bonsai attempt, but it works for me. Try it a few times, you'll make it.

For once we have something to drive and not something to throw into corners like a maniac and hope for the best.

1.38.2xx with the DS3, I'll try the wheel later... maybe.
here is my tune (the regular basic tune in GT6) : (NSX-R LM)
weight reduction 3, no chassis strenghtening, no ballast, no oil change and limiter to 93.4%
height: 83 63
damper: 4.55 6.65
comp: 1 1
ext: 1 1
A.R.B. 7 7
camber none
toe 0.00 0.00
brake B. : 7 6
LSD: 5/10/5
aero max (350 600)
Gearbox is not optimum because in 2nd the car is tricky and in 3rd the engine struggles a bit but here it is:
V max mini
1: 4.917
2: 3.606
3: 2.915
4: 2.480
5: 2.157
6: 1.830
Final gear: 2.620
the car is stable on the brakes, but if the car oversteers a bit too much in corner entry, stay in 3rd when you're downshifting (but you need to put the 2nd for the exit) or put just a little gas to stabilize it.

Use third gear more than you would normally in the slower sections and in particular the 1st sector where you would normally be in 2nd gear.
I'm playing on a PS3, and using a Thrustmaster 80. It won't let me use manual gears, I have to run the automatic transmission.

HELP!!! My best lap is 1:41.401... In a NSX... Any helpful tips would be appreciated...
Tune-wise, can't say much since I'm bad at it. Definitely buy the allowable upgrades (suspension, racing brakes, etc). Zero out camber and toe. Max downforce. For LSD, I usually start everything around 10-15 and tinker from there. For transmission, I would set the max speed a tick or so lower than the default and try to use 3rd instead of 2nd gear through the slower corners.

Driving wise...

1st hairpin: I can take the turn before it flat out. I lift off, coast a bit and then aim inside as I brake. Sometimes, I can get the NSX to rotate nicely but it's rather hit or miss.

The Esses: Use lift off oversteer through the first two. That final left is key. Anticipate the turn in correctly and it should be WOT or close to it.

2nd Hairpin: If you're going wide on entry, brake sooner.

3rd Hairpin: I delay my turn in so I can straighten my exit more.

Long right: I stay a lane up on entry and cut in for a late apex. Again, that's to minimize wheel input on exit and avoid having to lift.

4th hairpin: For now, I aim inside as I brake. Feels like I'm losing time here.

5th hairpin: You can come in hot and still make the exit. I stay in 3rd here.

From what I can tell, the aliens can get the rear to drift. I can get some rotation but otherwise, the NSX slides sideways like it's on ice or it's too snappy. Thankfully, you can still get below a 40 with good throttle management.

Tune-wise, can't say much since I'm bad at it. Definitely buy the allowable upgrades (suspension, racing brakes, etc). Zero out camber and toe. Max downforce. For LSD, I usually start everything around 10-15 and tinker from there. For transmission, I would set the max speed a tick or so lower than the default and try to use 3rd instead of 2nd gear through the slower corners.

Driving wise...

1st hairpin: I can take the turn before it flat out. I lift off, coast a bit and then aim inside as I brake. Sometimes, I can get the NSX to rotate nicely but it's rather hit or miss.

The Esses: Use lift off oversteer through the first two. That final left is key. Anticipate the turn in correctly and it should be WOT or close to it.

2nd Hairpin: If you're going wide on entry, brake sooner.

3rd Hairpin: I delay my turn in so I can straighten my exit more.

Long right: I stay a lane up on entry and cut in for a late apex. Again, that's to minimize wheel input on exit and avoid having to lift.

4th hairpin: For now, I aim inside as I brake. Feels like I'm losing time here.

5th hairpin: You can come in hot and still make the exit. I stay in 3rd here.

From what I can tell, the aliens can get the rear to drift. I can get some rotation but otherwise, the NSX slides sideways like it's on ice or it's too snappy. Thankfully, you can still get below a 40 with good throttle management.
I'll try this... THANKS!!!

I'm liking this website... It's better than Facebook... As, you can probably tell, I'm new at this game... Even though I've played all of the GT games... I'm probably the oldest on this site, I'm 64 years old... Did a lot of street racing back in the day, but gotta say... This is a lotta fun, and safer... lol... Thanks for all the help... Hope to see y'all racing online...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm liking this website... It's better than Facebook... As, you can probably tell, I'm new at this game... Even though I've played all of the GT games... I'm probably the oldest on this site, I'm 64 years old... Did a lot of street racing back in the day, but gotta say... This is a lotta fun, and safer... lol... Thanks for all the help... Hope to see y'all racing online...

I don't think you are quite the oldest... but I'm sure the GTP Geezer Club would be happy to have you joining in on their fun. 👍 :D

Edit: Also for future posts, try not to make one after the other like you have above. PLEASE use the edit button to the right of your posts to add extra comments to the singular post. ;)

First, I don't want to send someone in the wrong direction. With this tune, for me, the car is more stable. With a manual transmission and no mistake, I know it can go way faster.

1:40.2xx
Dualshock
ABS: 1
Automatic transmission

No oil change, no improve body rigidity, no ballast.

Suspension
65 / 85
7.60 / 6.61
7 / 3
3 / 7
4 / 4
0.0 / 0.0
-0.20 / 0.20

Brake
5 / 5

Transmission
Max. Speed