550PP Pre 1980 American Cars Super Lap: Trial Mountian

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 143 comments
Here's my setup if anyone would like to try. I used this setup as a base and worked from there. Didn't really experiment at all after I went under 1:28 barrier on the first night so I'm sure I can find a way to tweak it so it's a little quicker.

Suspension:
90/95
4.58/6.27
2/3
3/3
7/7
0.0/0.0
0.00/0.00

Brakes 6/5

Transmission:
Set top speed to minimum (124mph)
1st: 4.178
2nd: 2.928
3rd: 2.330
4th: 1.858
5th: 1.500
Final 2.170

LSD: 8/10/20

Power limiter 96.9%
Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter
Intake

Full weight reduction including the window
0 ballast
120 downforce

1.29.9 with my tune. I'm close to the limit with it, only lost a couple of tenths in the last chicane (as usual:dunce:)

Here's is my GT40 set up if anyone would like to try it.

77-77
4.58-8.28
1/2
1/2
6/6
-0.30/0.50

Brakes
6/5

5.00, minim speed, then...

2.979 final

LSD
5/9/5

100% power. Race exhaust, manifold, convertor, intake. Weight reduction max.

+97kg set at -46

115 downforce rear.

Should be 2.48 kg/hp, 439 hp and 1091 kg.

Let me know what you like, or don't like.

I improved my time with it tonight and I'm now P301....or was.
I tried it, but I don't feel good. I think a lighter car can be faster on this track, so I would have removed the ballast;)

Tomorrow I will try dart_field and doodle's tune

Last edited:
Just made 1'29"788 on it (111th ATM), not an easy car to drive with as it slides everywhere everytime, but I had some fun nonetheless.

1.29.9 with my tune. I'm close to the limit with it, only lost a couple of tenths in the last chicane (as usual:dunce:)

I tried it, but I don't feel good. I think a lighter car can be faster on this track, so I would haved removed the ballast;)

Tomorrow I will try dart_field and doodle's tune

Thanks. I do plan to try it later without the ballast. I found that my BMW felt better without as much ballast in the other TT, so wanted to try it here too.

Being bored, I started to go through all the cars I could, left stock (TCS 0), and there's a clear group of cars that can do it, and some that can't. They gifted some cars with SH tires, others with CS. Some have a 4 speed, others just a 3 speed.

450 Camaro Z28
454 Shelby GT350
467 Nova SS

Then, I take the car to the Apricott seasonal, turn off ABS and win there too. Fun.

Being bored, I started to go through all the cars I could, left stock (TCS 0), and there's a clear group of cars that can do it, and some that can't. They gifted some cars with SH tires, others with CS. Some have a 4 speed, others just a 3 speed.

450 Camaro Z28
454 Shelby GT350
467 Nova SS

Then, I take the car to the Apricott seasonal, turn off ABS and win there too. Fun.

Thanks for testing some alternatives on this event. I'm always looking to do the TT's in cars that aren't the "guaranteed gold" cars, because I like a challenge. Was thinking of doing it in the Pontiac Firebird with a little bit of tuning...

Here's my setup if anyone would like to try. I used this setup as a base and worked from there. Didn't really experiment at all after I went under 1:28 barrier on the first night so I'm sure I can find a way to tweak it so it's a little quicker.

Suspension:
90/95
4.58/6.27
2/3
3/3
7/7
0.0/0.0
0.00/0.00

Brakes 6/5

Transmission:
Set top speed to minimum (124mph)
1st: 4.178
2nd: 2.928
3rd: 2.330
4th: 1.858
5th: 1.500
Final 2.170

LSD: 8/10/20

Power limiter 96.9%
Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter
Intake

Full weight reduction including the window
0 ballast
120 downforce

I made i few change to make it work to me, i'm at 1.28,516 for now, far to have done with this one, if the bump and curb gave you some issue, give a try to this, i'm using 625 degree wheel rotation for now

Suspension:
80/95
8.46/8.14
2/3
4/3
7/2
0.3/0.0
+0.15/0.00

Brakes 5/5

LSD: 5/15/22

Power limiter 93.4%
Racing Exhaust
Isometric
Catalytic Converter
Intake

( edit 1.28,310 )

edit 2: I'm not talking to you doodle lol, i just quote you to let know to people what setup i used, if you take a try and you can improve go for it but i'm pretty sure you know what is working to you :D great job on your setup, first one i can work with and impoving by 1.7 sec since yesterday

Last edited:
Lord this time trial is a bitch. So slippery with Sports Hard tyres. Mind you I got gold using a decent tune from the previous same TT of 2015 but best I've been able to make so far is 1:35something...and that in itself was a chore. Talk about mumble and cuss lord amighty....had to laugh in between too.
The 630PP TT with RS tyres was a lot easier IMO.

Thanks for graciously sharing your tunes @Doodle and @o0Maxx0o . I'll give it a shot tomorrow when I catch my breath again. Taking a break for now after a fair amount of high blood pressure tonight. Cheers.

Lord this time trial is a bitch. So slippery with Sports Hard tyres. Mind you I got gold using a decent tune from the previous same TT of 2015 but best I've been able to make so far is 1:35something...and that in itself was a chore. Talk about mumble and cuss lord amighty....had to laugh in between too.
The 630PP TT with RS tyres was a lot easier IMO.

Thanks for graciously sharing your tunes @Doodle and @o0Maxx0o . I'll give it a shot tomorrow when I catch my breath again. Taking a break for now after a fair amount of high blood pressure tonight. Cheers.
It is not to bad David :).

Yes this is waaaaay too slippy, No way that in real life you slip so much with a car. It's the same in every TT : They make the track a bit harder on some points(or in this tt all the points).

Edit: Is see that I'm using a very bad tune. I use all power units :banghead::banghead: I go try the Doodle tune tomorrow, I will get under the 30 with this one.

Last edited:
@Kossie you have no idea how a real car slips and slides, cause you don't drive a real one. It's a lot more than this game would lead you to believe. Having raced a car for 9 years in my life, I can tell ya, tires are a lot more slippery than this game leads you to believe.
With some cars maybe But a gt40 ?... That car must have grip. More grip then what it have in this tt. I can drive very good in the Formula gt, So that means I can drive in a Formula 1 car? :P

But seriously: I use a wrong tune, This need a bit practice.

I am a typical path driver, I dont know much about gearing, But I'm not a bad cart driver. In what class you racing that 9 years?

Last edited:
Nice job guys! I may give your setup a go at some point, Maxx. :)

I'm only at 1m28,2xxx lol, so its sure at the point you are its 99% possible my tune limit you. When i'll be at your mark we gonna be able to look muchmore if my fix on your tune can work for you, now, i'm too far :P haha

I'll give another shot tonigth

I used the Ghost's tune for a 1.37.5 and thought I'm not doing this right so I got @Doodle's tune thinking he's the gun, this will get me going. Got me going alright, took me 3 attempts just to get to the start line, god knows how many to get a complete lap. So I thought I'd just have a doodle (sorry Doodle) around to try and find a good line and what happened? A 1.34.5. God almighty.:lol:

I tried a couple of different tunes, but after about 8 attempts to make it to the tunnel without going red, I switched back to mine and tweaked it a little.

Ride 90/90
Toe -.50/1.00
Sway bars 5/5
LSD 5/5/16
Downforce 120
Ballast 0

I adjusted the power adders so that I could be at 100% power with no ballast. Race exhaust and I can't remember what else. But it helped my power to weight ratio get to 2.39.

Best lap now of 1.30.7xx. And it was a little sloppy. With another go I think a 1.29 is there, but that's my limit I think right now.

Had a go at this last night. Decided to use the Shelby GT350 and learn how to drive that monster on SH tyres. Took me many a red lap to learn to control it, but eventually I mustered a 1:39:586 for my first clean lap! Intention is to have another go and tame this tail-happy beast and get those times down a little!

I tried a couple of different tunes, but after about 8 attempts to make it to the tunnel without going red, I switched back to mine and tweaked it a little.

Ride 90/90
Toe -.50/1.00
Sway bars 5/5
LSD 5/5/16
Downforce 120
Ballast 0

I adjusted the power adders so that I could be at 100% power with no ballast. Race exhaust and I can't remember what else. But it helped my power to weight ratio get to 2.39.

Best lap now of 1.30.7xx. And it was a little sloppy. With another go I think a 1.29 is there, but that's my limit I think right now.
Hate to tell you this Wedjim but I tried your tweak, started down the hill to the left/right, lost it at the left hander shot me across to the raised batter on the right hander which shot me upside down into the barrier on the left side of the track which shot me back to the middle of the track to roll back on the wheels. Gave up after that.:grumpy:

Hate to tell you this Wedjim but I tried your tweak, started down the hill to the left/right, lost it at the left hander shot me across to the raised batter on the right hander which shot me upside down into the barrier on the left side of the track which shot me back to the middle of the track to roll back on the wheels. Gave up after that.:grumpy:

What's funny is that's what happened to me before I tweaked it a bit. Adding the toe adjustments helped a ton. Try raising the rear ride height, or lowering the front a few clicks. :)

Back