550PP Pre 1980 American Cars Super Lap: Trial Mountian

Discussion in 'GT6 Seasonal & Quick Match Events' started by nowcontrol, Oct 6, 2016.

1. mistersafeway

mistersafeway

I don't think it'll be as quick, mine just had oil from an event quite a while ago which pretty much mandated an oil change, and I was too lazy to buy a new one. :lol:

Retiree likes this.
  2. davidt33

davidt33

Was wondering. I had noticed it dropped some HP with the added oil and lower power setting to compensate than the tune without oil.

Retiree likes this.
  3. mistersafeway

mistersafeway

Yeah, less power and more torque, it makes it more of a handful, being an old American car it's got more than enough low end to overwhelm the tyres either way. I think I'll try a new one without oil, it'd be nice to hear about how you do with it too. :tup:

Retiree likes this.
  4. davidt33

davidt33

Well just now finished giving it another go after applying the added wing and downforce to Doodles tune and also the tune with your adjustments @mistersafeway . Both without the added oil for more HP. Here are the results.
    ......First I had a go with Doodle's tune. Ran couple laps. I was able to beat my previous time of 1:32.614 by a couple milliseconds of 1:32.598.
    ......Next I had a go with Mistersafeway's but somehow I wasn't able to beat my new time until I finally gave up.
    Both are good tunes mind you but somehow Doodle's seemed to work for me better.
    Might give it another shot tomorrow for all you know with a fresh mind. Cheers.

Retiree and mistersafeway like this.
  5. DeltaJuliet

DeltaJuliet

Oh! Well in that case... I suppose I have to give it another go :cool:;)

Yeah another cool way of looking at it is if you take your final ranking, divide by total number of entrants, then x100, you will have that you are on the top X %. There is a thread run by @geezer1791 that records the total entrants (good work by the way :tup:)

I remember in one of the GT academies that you could list your ranking by friends, world and also region, which was cool

geezer1791, Retiree and kilesa4568 like this.
  6. Wolf68

Wolf68

I used my corvette stingray (63) and could only get bronze, switched to the gt40 and got gold. Haven't gone back to this one but after reading your guys comments now I may have to give it another try. My have to use my nova like Cory did...lol inspiration and all....

Retiree likes this.
  7. coryclifford

coryclifford

Do it, it's fun. Leave it stock, too. :D:tup:

Wolf68 and Retiree like this.
  8. StirlingMoose

StirlingMoose

Last night.... 10 laps to get into the zone where I could keep up with my ghost, 10 laps to figure out where I was losing time, 10+ laps to improve on the dodgy bits whilst still maintaining the pace on the rest of the lap. One hour driving, one tenth gained. It can only get more difficult from now on.

9. DeltaJuliet

DeltaJuliet

So I improved my time to take 3rd back, go sub 29 and also for the first time ever enter the top 100 :)

But that's me. Done. At my limit. Beyond my limit.

@kilesa4568 if you take it back again I doubt there is anything I can do this time :lol:

10. Mad_Hatter76

Mad_Hatter76

I hate TT's and racing on **** tires. Thats all.....

Kossie and davidt33 like this.
  11. kilesa4568

kilesa4568

I can't face the slog of trying to improve my time but I'm pretty sure I'd never go sub 29 anyway. Very nice time and congrats on the top 100.:tup:

DeltaJuliet likes this.
  12. davidt33

davidt33

I feel your pain.

13. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

Practise :tup:.

Edit: 1:30.456 in the Ford GT40 Mark I 15th Anniversary Edition '66 thanks to @Lionheart2113 tune :cheers:.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  14. davidt33

davidt33

Sonovagun.

Retiree and fordlaser777 like this.
  15. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

Thanks, I have done that time on my other PS3 account, when the new TTs start in a few weeks I will send you a friends request on from my new account :tup:.

Retiree and davidt33 like this.
  16. Kossie

Kossie

Me too mates, I think they try to :censored: us up, Anyway I go try to make a 1:30- the last week.

Wolf68 and davidt33 like this.
  17. MOPARbarrett5

MOPARbarrett5 Premium

I feel so alone.
    KIMG0347.JPG

BenMillard, Wolf68, Cevedale and 2 others like this.
  18. coryclifford

coryclifford

That's a MOPAR thing.

19. davidt33

davidt33

You like the Lone Ranger there in true. LOL.

MOPARbarrett5 likes this.
  20. phineas777

phineas777

"Gold Achieved!"....along with the sweet ranking....

image.jpeg

A bit more variety down this end of town

image.jpeg

:tup:

coryclifford and Cevedale like this.
  21. Kossie

Kossie

I do something very very...very wrong...

Wich power units you guys use? I don't get it. I can make a 1:31 for sure but that is nothing for me. Maybe I' really sucks at this tracks?

Wolf68 likes this.
  22. kilesa4568

kilesa4568

I got a 29.3 using Doodle's tune and while I could run easy and full control 1.30s, going quicker needed me to go well over the tire's grip level to try and keep my momentum up.

I never managed to do a lap I was happy with driving like that (lots of errors) but it was definitely quicker. If I tied a full lap up, I could possibly have got down to a 28.5 or so but I can't handle more than an hour on TT's.

23. Wolf68

Wolf68

I did it with a stock nova, barely got into the bronze time area....frustrating

24. Strachi

Strachi

Opis place P24

phineas777, Kossie and DrAug like this.
  25. coryclifford

coryclifford

Keep at it. Gold can be had with the stock Nova.

26. Wolf68

Wolf68

I'm working on the stock challenge for the seasonal races right now...talk about frustrating...lol

27. Cevedale

Cevedale

Just made 1.29.015, but now I'm used with both these TTs. If I'm inspired I'will try to join the 1.28s club during the weekend

Wolf68 likes this.
  28. nowcontrol

nowcontrol

Well I finally put a time in for this TT last night, 1:33.488 in the 'Cobra 427 '66' .... fun and frustration at every turn when it's very hard trying to hit the right lines to get round them all smoothly on the same lap, but the drive pleased me for the most part. :D

phineas777 and Wolf68 like this.
  29. Kossie

Kossie

Very nice time with that car, But.... Why you not take the fastest car? I think you can make a 1:29? with the Ford. Why you stock car aliens always use a car in a tt that is not the fastest? :lol:

In a race seasonal...Oke i understand it, But this is a tt so what is the problem to take the ''cheat'' car and go for a top 50 time? I'm just asking it :cheers:

Wolf68 likes this.
  30. tmtk

tmtk

How do you see the ranking by the countries?
    Can't find that kind of option....