550PP Pre 1980 American Cars Super Lap: Trial Mountian

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 143 comments
That was intense! Had to change my shirt coz of sweat...
I broke the limit of impossible (for myself that is) and after a heavy session of gaining and loosing on my ghostcar I finally managed to put up almost perfect lap. Nearly every corner went smooth enough and finally I am satisfied with tackling the final chicane. Crucial were the first tunnel turn and all of the corners until the backstraight (the long tunnel), adding to that the last chicane I reached the sub 1:30 region with a time of 1:29.888.
Absolutely unthinkable when I started this trial, hoped for 30.5 at best.
Thanks to the Doodle tune with mistersafeway's corrections - it made the wild car a lot easier!
I drive with DS3 on directional buttons and AT. My GT40 is at 414 HP.
I do well on Trial Mountain, it was always like that since the first Gran Turismo and this result is more than satisfying. Need a break now, but I'll be back and see what else can be done.

BTW, what happens after 11/03/2016 (the registration period)? The availability period is 12/01/2016. Which is the deadline for the time trial? Sorry to ask this but I am new to GT6 (started playing 3 weeks ago) and this is my first time trial, so I never saw what it was with the earlier events...

11/3 the ranking close but the event stays up. It gets pushed to the right in the menu. You can drive it and still win the money and car, but your ranking doesn't count. 12/1, it's gone.

11/3 the ranking close but the event stays up. It gets pushed to the right in the menu. You can drive it and still win the money and car, but your ranking doesn't count. 12/1, it's gone.

So the deadline for setting the laptime is 11/03, right?

went in with the Mercury cougar and did not do so well, lots of spinning off and almost no traction. I need to tune this one and try again, otherwise it is a pretty fast car.
What cars are you guys having the most luck with? outside of the GT40...lol

Managed a 1:33.589 with the GT40 15th Anniversary car. I'll have to try some tunes for the non anniversary car and see if I can improve.

Edit: I tried a few tunes for the gt40, most of the time I never made it past turn 1 without spinning out. @wedjim's tune worked the best for me, I improved to a 1:32.020.
:gtpflag:

Attachments

• IMG_5493.JPG
    IMG_5493.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I tried this for two hours trying to de-rust and maybe improve. I can get good sectors again but I can't string a lap together. I can get P1 again but it will be very difficult :lol:

I tried this for two hours trying to de-rust and maybe improve. I can get good sectors again but I can't string a lap together. I can get P1 again but it will be very difficult :lol:

Keep at it brother, it will come with time...lol

It's really frustrating for me to sit down and attempt to get P1 back for nearly 6 hours straight and you don't even get a new PB during that time. I'm going right back to this as soon as I wake up.
Good luck, Go for the 1st place :cheers:

I find pathetic disappear for all the month and log in in the last minutes just to post the record. I prefer Immortal's style. It's only me?

Cevedale said: "I find pathetic disappear for all the month and log in in the last minutes just to post the record. I prefer Immortal's style. It's only me?"

@Cevedale I think the reason he does it is to not reveal any information about his lap. You can learn a lot from other top players replays

You both are wrong though. Not true to say he Doodle disappeared all month long and log in in the last minute to post record.
He's been here commenting/participating all during the month and he even shared his tune early o'clock (which is even more than some other top 1-10 lead racers do) which helped many including myself.

Last edited:
You are wrong though. Not true to say he Doodle disappeared all month long and log in in the last minute to post record.
He's been here commenting/participating all during the month and he even shared his tune early o'clock (which is even more than some other top 1-10 lead racers do) which helped many including myself.
He's talking about L-shooter who usually doesn't appear until the final minutes.

Back