600PP 2WD Racing Car Super Lap: Suzuka Circuit 2014

Discussion in 'GT6 Seasonal & Quick Match Events' started by nowcontrol, Feb 19, 2015.

1. GT5 Level 41

GT5 Level 41

Yeah, I went easy on this one- 2J. I really wanted the chip.

2. Tandem21

Tandem21

Something weird is up. I did about 10 laps in the TS, but the car didnt record the mileage, so it was sitting at 0 km. But I went at it again after noticing that and it suddenly starts recording properly. What's up with that?

3. Nicko

Nicko Premium

Sitting at a 1'46.002 in the 2J currently, is anyone else struggling with a large amount of mid-exit understeer and might be able to shed some light on how to solve it? Tried almost everything and cannot get my 2J to handle like Aono's...

Evo19uk likes this.
  4. Growling

Growling

I'd use the TS030. You'll go a lot faster in that. Ditch the toaster :tup:

5. oooMaXimumooo

oooMaXimumooo

The 2J is so horrible to drive but Im faster with it than the lovely TS030... first world problems.

6. lisanorm

lisanorm

47.4xx with the TS030,think i might be at my average joe limit,and yes back to the MT,was a fun drive.Have not even touched the 2J yet........Have a tune for it, if anyone wants it, for now

nebneb1978 and Stewyripper like this.
  7. nowcontrol

nowcontrol

200 miles of fun so far with this one since last night......

DSCF3211.jpg DSCF3212.jpg

Doubt i'll manage much more than a few tenths better with the Ferrari now tho, that lap was on the edge. :nervous: :crazy: Gonna have to move on to trying out the two main contenders soon, got a lot of catching up to do. :D

8. KOGSoldier

KOGSoldier

1:55.0XX in the TS030 on second lap using @praiano63 tune...thanks again buddy...could run a faster time but I don't know where I could find another 10+ seconds

9. nebneb1978

nebneb1978

I reduced the rear downforce on SW_10's tune with the TS030 to 675 it helps to get a little more speed on the straights. I can be half a second in front of some of the top ten ghost times on the 2nd split which I downloaded but they just pull away from me on the final straight with only a few corners to go! So frustrating :banghead: Currently running a time of 1:46.214. P.S. I can't tune to save my life :confused: Also 5/5 BB seems to help a little more as well but I can't explain why? :p

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
    beau231, lisanorm and SW__10 like this.
  10. Tyger

Tyger

One lap out in the Diablo. I'll take that :)

[​IMG]

BenMillard, DrAug, GT_Racer22 and 5 others like this.
  11. Mr P

Mr P

Been tweaking away at the 2J for a couple of days now (Will post my set up if anyone wants to try it) but not really getting anywhere to threaten those insane 1'44's :bowdown:

Top marks to Wolf_Aono for his mega lap :tup: I would love to try that set up as I have seen his 2J demolish everyone on 2 seasonals events now... Will try again later but not a lot left for me probably about .3 more and I'll be done :indiff:

Good luck to all chipping away :cheers:

12. steve nfs

steve nfs

Do you mind post this tune for me or here, just love this old classic race car just for fun !

13. Constructr

Constructr

151.02 in the TS030, for me. Currently in 3rd amongst my Friends but with a little tweaking, I think I can best the lowest time of 149.60.
    Not real fond of the 2J and don't see any point in trying to catch Wolf! :bowdown:

14. Tyger

Tyger

I don't think it's tuned, although it is precisely 600PP so perhaps it was tweaked at some point, but only a power increase (perhaps an oil change). I'm not a good tuner at all, I do some "basic" tuning (mostly hardening suspension) when I increase the power of average cars by a large amount, but none or very little to stock cars or cars where I have only increased power a little.

15. steve nfs

steve nfs

Ok. I thought it need 'professional' tune. Lol. Thks.

16. GREASY SAM

GREASY SAM

Does anyone have a idea of when Gt academy starts up?

17. SW__10

SW__10

Don't think anyone knows yet....
    ...I believe it was mid April time last year.

18. nebneb1978

nebneb1978

It started last year April 21st 2014 so it should be coming up in a couple of months :gtpflag:

Jfrod, Stewyripper and SW__10 like this.
  19. nowcontrol

nowcontrol

There is a dedicated forum section for all of your GT-ACADEMY related information, questions, and discussion, please be sure to visit. THANKS. :tup:

IBZ6L20VT and SW__10 like this.
  20. RacingLine

RacingLine

1:45.124 for 5th:) but i gotta say this combo is horrible to drive, i wont be spending so much time here :tdown:

GT_Racer22, Jfrod, IBZ6L20VT and 3 others like this.
  21. Mr P

Mr P

Here's my set up for the 2J ( still in construction :p )

PP - 600
    Max Power - 489
    Weight - 896kg
    Body Rigidity

RH .. 65 / 53
    SR .. 10.41 / 15.83
    Dam C .. 4 / 5
    Dam E .. 4 / 5
    ARB .. 6 / 4
    Cam .. 0 / 0
    Toe .. -0.06 / 0.06
    Brakes .. 7 / 7
    LSD .. 6 / 16 / 6

Gears..
    Reset to default and set final to 5.500, Max speed to 137 mph and adjust gears to...
    Final 3.973

No Turbo
    Ballast weight 75kg
    Position +5
    Power Limiter .. 71.6%

Got a 1'45.5 with this set up and good for 9th for now... can see another couple of tenths here and there
    Good luck and I hope it helps :tup:

Cheers Ron. :cheers:

Edit: 10th :p

XMardukx, Singine, ODB and 7 others like this.
  22. Growling

Growling

You're really good.. Teach me.. Help me! :dunce::lol:

Jfrod likes this.
  23. ALB123

ALB123

Wow! What a tune @SW__10!! One lap and I was able to post a 1:51.731... That's with a lot of mistakes too. Good luck to all the drivers who are shooting for a low time. :tup:

24. RacingLine

RacingLine

You have the pace, i saw that when you beat me at brands by 0.001 lol :censored:

Nah just keep at it m8, i'm sure you will hit top 10s more often:tup:

GT_Racer22, Jfrod, IBZ6L20VT and 3 others like this.
  25. TRL_Importlife

TRL_Importlife

Thanks @SW__10 for the tune was able to run 1:46.15x in about 25 laps
    Now I thin I'm ready to give the 2j a try @RacingLine are you using the 2j? Mind Sharing your tune with fellow gt academy national finalist :p

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
    Jfrod, Stewyripper and SW__10 like this.
  26. RacingLine

RacingLine

I didn't qualify last year :O

27. TRL_Importlife

TRL_Importlife

No way dude what happend your super fast in the tts I'm currently 23/24th with the ts03 :(

28. RacingLine

RacingLine

Practice and determination happened, plus my team motivates me alot :cheers:

IBZ6L20VT and Stewyripper like this.
  29. TRL_Importlife

TRL_Importlife

If you guys ever looking for some new teammates that could bring some new things to the table for the team leme know :) heard a lot of good things about you guys anyways I'll keep it in the pm don't wann go off topic in the thread

Your using the 2j ?

Stewyripper likes this.
  30. polysmut

polysmut Premium

1.48.8 with @SW__10's TS030 tune. :bowdown:

This is the 1st TT in a long time that I've ran multiple laps on. I've been at it for about an hour & I can see myself coming back to it. I haven't yet done a lap without falling way behind the ghost at various points. Including on my best lap so far.

I'll almost certainly give the 2J a try too & I'll be interested to compare the times. I love Suzuka but don't remember ever using a 2J there. Normally I'm noticeably faster in the 2J than the Toyota.

Stewyripper and SW__10 like this.