600PP 2WD Racing Car Super Lap: Suzuka Circuit 2014

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 144 comments
Something weird is up. I did about 10 laps in the TS, but the car didnt record the mileage, so it was sitting at 0 km. But I went at it again after noticing that and it suddenly starts recording properly. What's up with that?

Sitting at a 1'46.002 in the 2J currently, is anyone else struggling with a large amount of mid-exit understeer and might be able to shed some light on how to solve it? Tried almost everything and cannot get my 2J to handle like Aono's...

200 miles of fun so far with this one since last night......

DSCF3211.jpg
DSCF3212.jpg

Doubt i'll manage much more than a few tenths better with the Ferrari now tho, that lap was on the edge. :nervous: :crazy: Gonna have to move on to trying out the two main contenders soon, got a lot of catching up to do. :D

I reduced the rear downforce on SW_10's tune with the TS030 to 675 it helps to get a little more speed on the straights. I can be half a second in front of some of the top ten ghost times on the 2nd split which I downloaded but they just pull away from me on the final straight with only a few corners to go! So frustrating :banghead: Currently running a time of 1:46.214. P.S. I can't tune to save my life :confused: Also 5/5 BB seems to help a little more as well but I can't explain why? :P

Last edited:
Been tweaking away at the 2J for a couple of days now (Will post my set up if anyone wants to try it) but not really getting anywhere to threaten those insane 1'44's :bowdown:

Top marks to Wolf_Aono for his mega lap 👍 I would love to try that set up as I have seen his 2J demolish everyone on 2 seasonals events now... Will try again later but not a lot left for me probably about .3 more and I'll be done :indiff:

Good luck to all chipping away :cheers:

151.02 in the TS030, for me. Currently in 3rd amongst my Friends but with a little tweaking, I think I can best the lowest time of 149.60.
Not real fond of the 2J and don't see any point in trying to catch Wolf! :bowdown:

Do you mind post this tune for me or here, just love this old classic race car just for fun !

I don't think it's tuned, although it is precisely 600PP so perhaps it was tweaked at some point, but only a power increase (perhaps an oil change). I'm not a good tuner at all, I do some "basic" tuning (mostly hardening suspension) when I increase the power of average cars by a large amount, but none or very little to stock cars or cars where I have only increased power a little.

I don't think it's tuned, although it is precisely 600PP so perhaps it was tweaked at some point, but only a power increase (perhaps an oil change). I'm not a good tuner at all, I do some "basic" tuning (mostly hardening suspension) when I increase the power of average cars by a large amount, but none or very little to stock cars or cars where I have only increased power a little.
Ok. I thought it need 'professional' tune. Lol. Thks.

Had a quick go on this today :dopey:.....I used my tune from the Apricot Hill TT for the TS030.

Here is my TS030 tune from that TT. The only change I made was '0' front toe.

It needs some tweaking, but, it will do for anyone in urgent need of a tune 👍

Hope it helps!

:cheers:
Does anyone have a idea of when Gt academy starts up?

Here's my set up for the 2J ( still in construction :P )

PP - 600
Max Power - 489
Weight - 896kg
Body Rigidity

RH .. 65 / 53
SR .. 10.41 / 15.83
Dam C .. 4 / 5
Dam E .. 4 / 5
ARB .. 6 / 4
Cam .. 0 / 0
Toe .. -0.06 / 0.06
Brakes .. 7 / 7
LSD .. 6 / 16 / 6

Gears..
Reset to default and set final to 5.500, Max speed to 137 mph and adjust gears to...
Final 3.973

No Turbo
Ballast weight 75kg
Position +5
Power Limiter .. 71.6%

Got a 1'45.5 with this set up and good for 9th for now... can see another couple of tenths here and there
Good luck and I hope it helps 👍

Cheers Ron. :cheers:

Edit: 10th :P

Practice and determination happened, plus my team motivates me alot :cheers:

If you guys ever looking for some new teammates that could bring some new things to the table for the team leme know :) heard a lot of good things about you guys anyways I'll keep it in the pm don't wann go off topic in the thread

Your using the 2j ?

1.48.8 with @SW__10's TS030 tune. :bowdown:

This is the 1st TT in a long time that I've ran multiple laps on. I've been at it for about an hour & I can see myself coming back to it. I haven't yet done a lap without falling way behind the ghost at various points. Including on my best lap so far.

I'll almost certainly give the 2J a try too & I'll be interested to compare the times. I love Suzuka but don't remember ever using a 2J there. Normally I'm noticeably faster in the 2J than the Toyota.

Back