600PP 2WD Racing Car Super Lap: Suzuka Circuit 2014

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 144 comments
You have the pace, i saw that when you beat me at brands by 0.001 lol 🤬

Nah just keep at it m8, i'm sure you will hit top 10s more often:tup:
He is really good. Too damn modest to admit it. Your pace is going strong growling. These TRL guys been at it years, just mixing with them on every other seasonal is damn good work. Awesome job @SW__10 great setup but even on my lap i thought was mega, wasnt room for much more i was still only at 1.46.850 with the hybrid... Duno where ur getting over a second but hell of a job.... 👍

He is really good. Too damn modest to admit it. Your pace is going strong growling. These TRL guys been at it years, just mixing with them on every other seasonal is damn good work. Awesome job @SW__10 great setup but even on my lap i thought was mega, wasnt room for much more i was still only at 1.46.850 with the hybrid... Duno where ur getting over a second but hell of a job.... 👍

I've been around since March 2014;)

1:49.841 with @SW__10 tune, any tips on how to go faster?
It depends what you're doing already.

I broke at the end of the white line marking the pit exit then 2 taps of handbrake on the turn in. Proper trail braking would probably be better. Then some gas to push the weight backwards & a touch of brakes before turning right towards the 2nd apex. Easy on the throttle until I could see enough of the exit to know I could floor it.
Hardly any braking in the esses, just lifting slightly gave me the fastest ghosts here when I got the lines & rhythm right.
The right handers before the hairpin (called Degner?). Slight braking for the 1st one & early throttle, cutting the corner wildly. More braking for the 2nd & less cutting.
At the hairpin I felt faster when I stayed to the inside but hadn't really nailed it, braking at the start end (sorry, I had remembered that incorrectly) of the rumble strip on the right.
Flat out until the piece of tarmac on the right just before the Spoon(?). Similar technique to turn 1.
Turn in early at the fast left hander (called R1.. something?) flat out, cutting slightly.
Some cutting at the chicane, making the line much straighter.

I'm not in the top times. 1:48.8 but with some errors, too much braking in the esses mainly. I'd be interested to hear of anyone's improvements to that method.
Not sure if there are any TS030's in the top 10 to see their replay.

Last edited:
Ok, this is a tweaked tune which I tinkered with from praiano63 & SW_10 (Apricot Hill TT tunes) that I'm using @ Suzuka in the TS030 here goes :

Toyota TS030 Hybrid '2012'

600pp / 472bhp / 906kg

Suspension :
85/85
16.85/17.00
1/1
1/1
7/7
0.0/0.0
0.00/0.00

Brake Balance :
2/2

Transmission :
Initial Final Gear : 5.000
1st : 3.496
2nd : 2.650
3rd : 2.141
4th : 1.757
5th : 1.458
6th : 1.224
Final Gear : 3.900

Drivetrain :
12/11/5

Power Limiter :
89.2%

Body :
Downforce 600/700
Ballast weight : 6kg
Ballast position : 13

I'm still experimenting with downforce numbers & the final gear ratio, currrently running a 1:45.767 with this set up good enough for 19th in the world & 3rd fastest with the TS030 behind SW_10 & fw3kjr. Not sure if it can compete with the 2J on this one like @ Apricot Hill.

Had a quick go on this today :dopey:.....I used my tune from the Apricot Hill TT for the TS030.

Here is my TS030 tune from that TT. The only change I made was '0' front toe.

It needs some tweaking, but, it will do for anyone in urgent need of a tune 👍

Hope it helps!

:cheers:

What am I missing, here?? I copied this tune exactly and can't get the car to go over 140 mph. Final gear is set per the tune as well. Thoughts??

What am I missing, here?? I copied this tune exactly and can't get the car to go over 140 mph. Final gear is set per the tune as well. Thoughts??

Make sure you do the Initial final gear 👍.

Follow through the trans setup in order.

Trans:
Initial FG: 2.600 <----this could be what you missed out :dopey:..👍.
Max speed 149mph (min)
1: 6.725
2: 4.827
3: 4.019
4: 3.320
5: 2.806
6: 2.355
FG: 2060

Hope that sorts it for you 👍.
If it's not that......I'm not sure what you've done :lol:..👍.

:cheers:

Still not right because when setting 1st gear, for example, it gives me a range of 3.947 - 5.461, so I can't even get to 6.275. This is strange.

Had a go with the TS030 with @SW__10 tune, feels like car can just make the top 10 with a mega lap but I imagine it will get much harder to do soon as the 2J times improve. I might switch to the washing machine car now as the low speed downforce advantage in the hairpin and chicane as well as the higher top speeds seems too hard to overcome.

Last edited:
I've been around since March 2014;)
I started playing when i was 3 years old on the old GT :)
I remember doing my first time trial on GT5 it was X2010 prototype on Sarthe 2009 track, finish top 10 :)
Ran another 200 miles at Suzuka with two cars and got nearly the same times:

With my 2J, I ran a 1:47.072 lap:)

With the TS030, I ran a 1:47.073 lap:)

Not much to choose between them!:boggled:

See you on the track!
GTsail
I think 2J a lot faster than the TS030 for this event if you can get the setup for the 2J right :)
your times very close well done :)

Back