600PP 2WD Racing Car Super Lap: Suzuka Circuit 2014

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 144 comments
With my Toyota TS030 & with SW_10's tune, did a 1:51:224 to put me 3504th rank.

Enjoying the Suzuka track cause of so many viable driving lines that can be taken.

No doubt, that my best time's ghost is a great visual reference to just beat my best.

Thanks to SW_10 for the tune.

Will try the 2J.

**snip**
I think 2J a lot faster than the TS030 for this event if you can get the setup for the 2J right :)
your times very close well done :)

Hmmm....

On the Suzuka track, I'm chasing a blue streak (a TS030 being driven by @IBZ6L20VT ) who is 1.167 seconds faster than me (last I checked, he's got a 1.45.906 lap:bowdown:).

So, if I switch from a TS030 to the Chaparral 2J, I should be able to pass IBZ6L20VT's TS030???

OK, that would be great!!!:):drool::dopey:;):D

So, I switch to my Chapy 2J and run a 1.46.826 lap:)

Now I only need to find .920 of a second!!! Piece of cake!!!;):D

It will probably take me no more than a lap or two......;):D................thousand:ill:

See you on the tracks!:cheers:
GTsail

I mean no disrespect to those of you who are using the 2J, but I personally am a lot more impressed with those of you who are posting low times using the TS030 or something else. Everybody knows that the 2J is the go-to car in 600PP events. Seeing many of you (myself included) refuse to use the 2J for the 10,000th time is wonderful. Seeing several TS030's in the Top 100 is mind-blowing. Yes, the TS030 is a badass car too, but I don't think many would say that it's "easier" to drive the TS030 to such lap times compared to the 2J. Again, this isn't to say that those of you who are using the 2J and posting leader board times lack skill or anything. That is not what I mean at all. Obviously, it takes enormous talent to finish in the Top 100 no matter which car you choose. That is, unless your name is @Brunoblak. Then you just slap on a pair of super wide tires or do something else to cheat your way into the leader board. :lol:

Keep on truckin' TS030 users... 👍 I may have asked this question before, but I can't remember if I did. Was GT5 like GT6 when it came to Seasonal Events? Was there two or three cars that were ALWAYS used as the 500PP, 550PP & 600PP ringers the way the GSX-R, ZZII and 2J seem to be ringers for GT6 Seasonal Events?

Was GT5 like GT6 when it came to Seasonal Events? Was there two or three cars that were ALWAYS used as the 500PP, 550PP & 600PP ringers the way the GSX-R, ZZII and 2J seem to be ringers for GT6 Seasonal Events?

Yes, GT5 was similar to GT6 in that there was always a couple of "go-to" cars at the top of the leaderboards.

Respectfully,
GTsail

Hmmm....

On the Suzuka track, I'm chasing a blue streak (a TS030 being driven by @IBZ6L20VT ) who is 1.167 seconds faster than me (last I checked, he's got a 1.45.906 lap:bowdown:).

So, if I switch from a TS030 to the Chaparral 2J, I should be able to pass IBZ6L20VT's TS030???

It will probably take me no more than a lap or two......;):D................thousand:ill:

GTsail

Hehe. Nothing to brag about! Last time I checked (Sunday), there was people going around 0.3 faster than me with the TS030.

Sadly, due to lack of free time, that, probably, will be my time until the end of this TT.

I did about 5 laps with the 2J & was 0.1seconds slower than my TS030 time (which took me an hour of attempts).

I have no doubt that the 2J would be my fastest option but I just wasn't enjoying driving it like I was in the Toyota. I stopped well before I was approaching a really good lap (by my, intermediate, standards).
I'd never really felt that way about the 2J before, perhaps it's because the Toyota is so fun to drive.

I mean no disrespect to those of you who are using the 2J, but I personally am a lot more impressed with those of you who are posting low times using the TS030 or something else. Everybody knows that the 2J is the go-to car in 600PP events. Seeing many of you (myself included) refuse to use the 2J for the 10,000th time is wonderful. Seeing several TS030's in the Top 100 is mind-blowing. Yes, the TS030 is a badass car too, but I don't think many would say that it's "easier" to drive the TS030 to such lap times compared to the 2J. Again, this isn't to say that those of you who are using the 2J and posting leader board times lack skill or anything. That is not what I mean at all. Obviously, it takes enormous talent to finish in the Top 100 no matter which car you choose. That is, unless your name is @Brunoblak. Then you just slap on a pair of super wide tires or do something else to cheat your way into the leader board. :lol:

Keep on truckin' TS030 users... 👍 I may have asked this question before, but I can't remember if I did. Was GT5 like GT6 when it came to Seasonal Events? Was there two or three cars that were ALWAYS used as the 500PP, 550PP & 600PP ringers the way the GSX-R, ZZII and 2J seem to be ringers for GT6 Seasonal Events?

you miss me ??? why is ringing in my name ???

Hmmm....

GTsail
Well it can be also up to the setup i haven't use the TS030 yet i'll try it soon :)
you miss me ??? why is ringing in my name ???
Hi there Mr cheater how are you? been hacking time trial lately? :P

How much time are the top guys(Aliens and non-Aliens) here putting into this game daily? I have been playing GT for the first time since May 2014 on nearly a daily basis averaging 30-60 mins before I go to work each morning and I am only at a 1:47.6XX(TS030) for this time trial. I was hoping it would be enough to get me ready for GT Academy, but it seems my non-Alien self needs to up the seat time or something. Thanks again for the tunes everyone!

How much time are the top guys(Aliens and non-Aliens) here putting into this game daily? I have been playing GT for the first time since May 2014 on nearly a daily basis averaging 30-60 mins before I go to work each morning and I am only at a 1:47.6XX(TS030) for this time trial. I was hoping it would be enough to get me ready for GT Academy, but it seems my non-Alien self needs to up the seat time or something. Thanks again for the tunes everyone!
Well I've done max of 1 hour for this time trial but I race online more.
Sorry can't say lap time for few reasons. :(

I started playing at the end of august 2014. Between and hour and 2 hours daily, about 5 days a week.

I've got to the point where I can finish comfortably in the top 50, with the odd top 25 and a world #4 .
Getting good enough to qualify starting now might be a tall order, as I don't think I'm going to be good enough after about 9 months practice!

I tried those two setups (listed in the 1st post) for Chaparral, but for some reason the setups didn't suit very well for my driving style (I felt the car had a bit understeering nature). Luckily @SW__10 's setup for Toyota TS030 suited well (again) for me and I achieved time 1:46.421 (currently ranking #78) with it. It's a pleasure to drive TS030 with this great setup: thanks @SW__10 !!! :bowdown:

After nearly another 100 laps, I've run a 1:46.706 lap!:)

Now I only need to find another 8 tenths:drool:, and I still have nineteen hundred laps in which to do it.:dopey::D

See you at Suzuka!:cheers:
GTsail

I did about 5 laps with the 2J & was 0.1seconds slower than my TS030 time (which took me an hour of attempts).

I have no doubt that the 2J would be my fastest option but I just wasn't enjoying driving it like I was in the Toyota. I stopped well before I was approaching a really good lap (by my, intermediate, standards).
I'd never really felt that way about the 2J before, perhaps it's because the Toyota is so fun to drive.
+1 for TS030 usage, +10 for Withnail avatar. :cheers:

I'm trying my hardest and still cant get to the 2 min mark. I'm using a C6R race car. I couldnt find anything as cheap or potent @ $258k. The best time I got was 2:06, I don;t think I will be able to get it done by tonight (ends at 7pm today March 4). I don't play much but I'm trying to do events to get more $$$ to buy some cars.

Anyone know of a good C6R setup? The only changes I made to the car are lowering and changing the weight biased to 49-51 so there is a bit more traction in the rear.

Really neglected this TT :( Did 2 quick sessions on the first day, then never touched it again.

Switched to @nebneb1978 tune today and pulled it down to 1:45.9. Hard to drive, but bloody fast tune!! :bowdown: I can definitely see a few tenths left, but I'm quite happy with that.

Last edited:
Back