600PP 4WD Non-Racing Car and Tuned Car Super Lap: Deep Forest Raceway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 236 comments
I'm looking for slower friends to add on my PSN friends list.
Your doing alright my friend you just have to get a little bit faster, on my other account which was fordlaser777, I had @nowcontrol @Dalone and a few other members always above me which made me slower on my friends list. Why I change my account is because I can not go online with it anymore but on my PS4 fordlaser777 account is fine, davidt33 once again you are doing ok for someone who has only been on a wheel only for a few months :cheers:.

I've always wanted to do a rant on this s The most important thing I've learned in this game is to not compare yourself to anyone.. only focus on improving yourself and be your own judge. Sometimes you will hit a wall and will not be able to improve, that's when you need to literally just sit and think critically (google critical thinking) of ways to improve and go and literally try them. If one continues to blame external circumstances, and not themselves, all of your efforts to improve will be extraneous. TT's in Gran Turismo are all about self improvement. For me I have been in top ten a few times and every time it was extremely difficult to do, spending multiple hours thinking of wheel settings, car tunes, body rigidity, sector times, driving lines, track limits etc, and the combinations of all those given factors. There are definitely things in the game I personally haven't thought or imagined of yet and the people who are capable of finding and using them are going to be faster players. Plan and simple my advice is to not copy other players, it won't make you better than them. Just do you.

Perfectly said Saucer,, it's a game for most of us and most of us like to improve. Yes I agree completely GT is VERY much more than a game for a few,, it is their way into the ranks of professional drivers and that's way too cool! For what it's worth,, one item I'd add on your notes on "hitting the wall", seeming to not be able to creep higher up the ranking numbers. I often times save a copy of the top 10 and ride along on their lap,, I study their shift a and brake points, their driving line, how they utilize throttle control, etc. An example is the 600pp Red Bull Ring lap in the 2J. I used a compilation of tunes shared by a number of drivers on the Planet, adjusted and tweeked until it seemed I could not improve posting a 1:20 and small change,, then I saw the video posted to this string by TRL_IMMORTAL,, WOW!! Many of us have watched his progress (we know IMMORTAL is a guy as there are no females listed in the TRL member drivers list) since GT5 and are amazed at how skillfully he drives the events in which he chooses to participate. I learned some things that helped me break into the upper mid 1:19's by observing some of the small yet very important differences in his driving line, his brake points etc.

Perfectly said Saucer,, it's a game for most of us and most of us like to improve. Yes I agree completely GT is VERY much more than a game for a few,, it is their way into the ranks of professional drivers and that's way too cool! For what it's worth,, one item I'd add on your notes on "hitting the wall", seeming to not be able to creep higher up the ranking numbers. I often times save a copy of the top 10 and ride along on their lap,, I study their shift a and brake points, their driving line, how they utilize throttle control, etc. An example is the 600pp Red Bull Ring lap in the 2J. I used a compilation of tunes shared by a number of drivers on the Planet, adjusted and tweeked until it seemed I could not improve posting a 1:20 and small change,, then I saw the video posted to this string by TRL_IMMORTAL,, WOW!! Many of us have watched his progress (we know IMMORTAL is a guy as there are no females listed in the TRL member drivers list) since GT5 and are amazed at how skillfully he drives the events in which he chooses to participate. I learned some things that helped me break into the upper mid 1:19's by observing some of the small yet very important differences in his driving line, his brake points etc.
Mid 1:19 is a nice time. Try to play with the tune. It's important here i think :cheers:

Edit: don't look at the TRL guys.... they are aliens and always be faster as us/me. they are the Verstappens of GT :lol:

@praiano63 lives! His top rated 550pp ride on the Nurburgring tunes up into something halfway between the ZZII and the Nissan Vision 2020.

Stats
600pp
678bhp
1285kg
51:49
86.7kgfm
Sports Hard

Suspension
115 90 (should I go higher instead of lower?)
6.83 7.83 (min, front+1)
1 1
1 1
4 7 (harder rear springs so this can be 7 7?)
0.0 0.0
-0.10 -0.30 (DS3)

Racing Brakes
4 8

Drivetrain
Just a little looser than the original tune.
7 7
21 28
7 7
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Propeller Shaft
30:70 Torque Split

Power
Limiter 97%
Stage 3 Engine Tuning
Intake Tuning
High RPM Turbo Kit
(A softer character is available by using the other parts instead of Stage 3 Engine.)

Body
Ballast: 32kg @ 50%
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Window Weight Reduction

Gearbox
(Not sure how I got this. Looks like a simple auto set with a large initial value for Final Gear?)
Final Gear: Unknown
Max Speed: 200km/h (min)
1: 4.269 (not used)
2: 3.051
3: 2.335
4: 1.856
5: 1.524
6: 1.294
7: 1.135 (not really used, maybe a shorter Final Gear is better?)
Final: 2.750
Currently position 170! Following @Doodle @nowcontrol and @Roweer1 lines on my friends list. Just edged ahead of @coryclifford (EeePee) and @8l23ub with the latter using Audio Le Mans quattro '03 as an "other" choice of car.

1:14.157 is the only "other" car ahead of me now. That's a long 0.6s ahead, though! It's an Audio R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07.

One of the closest events I think I've seen - top 4 on my friends list, 1.14.769, 1.14.771, 1.14.783 (me!), and 1.14.806.....

Overall world ranking spread is from 198 to 187 - shows how much these fractions of a second can mean

Edit: managed to make the fractions count, 3 incrementally faster laps have dragged me to the top of my friends list at last (1.14.587). Doubt I'll be there for long though, as they've been gradually improving their times too.....

Last edited:
72117 driver play. İ remember that 2million people at first gta
Is that the real number of participants in this event? 72,117? All in all that's not too bad considering how many other driving games are out there and how many have gravitated away from GT6. Every event update marks yet more time has passed as we await the NEWEST edition from Kaz! Can't say much about XBox but GT is still KING as far as I'm concerned.

@praiano63 lives! His top rated 550pp ride on the Nurburgring tunes up into something halfway between the ZZII and the Nissan Vision 2020.

Stats
600pp
678bhp
1285kg
51:49
86.7kgfm
Sports Hard

Suspension
115 90 (should I go higher instead of lower?)
6.83 7.83 (min, front+1)
1 1
1 1
4 7 (harder rear springs so this can be 7 7?)
0.0 0.0
-0.10 -0.30 (DS3)

Racing Brakes
4 8

Drivetrain
Just a little looser than the original tune.
7 7
21 28
7 7
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Propeller Shaft
30:70 Torque Split

Power
Limiter 97%
Stage 3 Engine Tuning
Intake Tuning
High RPM Turbo Kit
(A softer character is available by using the other parts instead of Stage 3 Engine.)

Body
Ballast: 32kg @ 50%
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Window Weight Reduction

Gearbox
(Not sure how I got this. Looks like a simple auto set with a large initial value for Final Gear?)
Final Gear: Unknown
Max Speed: 200km/h (min)
1: 4.269 (not used)
2: 3.051
3: 2.335
4: 1.856
5: 1.524
6: 1.294
7: 1.135 (not really used, maybe a shorter Final Gear is better?)
Final: 2.750
Currently position 170! Following @Doodle @nowcontrol and @Roweer1 lines on my friends list. Just edged ahead of @coryclifford (EeePee) and @8l23ub with the latter using Audio Le Mans quattro '03 as an "other" choice of car.

1:14.157 is the only "other" car ahead of me now. That's a long 0.6s ahead, though! It's an Audio R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07.

Nice job 👍
I saw Final Stage had a 1:15.0xx in a Skyline and thought that the non ZZ/VGT bar was pretty high right there but then the 4.2 R8's are stepping up.
Chased your ghost tonight as you are now top of my friends list (only 5 have run this) for an improvement of 0.013s :ill:
The final corner is a 🤬

Hi guys ^^ this is my another video of my onboard lap. I'm in 9th place now using the nissan gt concept. And in the description of the video i put some advice to go faster with this car. Is not a secret but maybe i can help someone. I hope you enjoy :)

Great lap, well done. İ wonder how you give kers power? İ cant see that you touch any button

I watched and wondered about that too, smart move and another great lap.👍 What really gets me with you fast guys is how you can get around there with virtually no understeer, no matter what I do I can't escape it. It was so bad the other day the sound of screaming tyres got too much and I switched to the other TT. :bowdown::cheers:

Just like you, @Kossie, I was a DS3 driver until I got a wheel. I didnt play GT5, but on GT6 I decided to start improving on a racing game. I specially started taking it seriusly on 2014. What I did first was quitting any driving aid, even ABS. I cant even think on driving with active steering, it´s something I hate. I also started racing on some spanish forums. My main objective was to improve my skills with those races in forums to get a good result in seasonals, which were my main motivation. In the summer of 2014, just months after taking it serious, I could be at the top 250 on any seasonal, being in the top 20 DS3s, always without ABS. Then I even improved more my skills and finished #88 on the INFINITI VGT seasonal in Willow Springs, 7th or something with DS3 and 2nd with DS3 and no ABS, only Rickaldo23 did a better time than me with that combination. Finally, my the last DS3 seasonal I did and the one I spent more time on was the FGT at Silverstone one. I finished #77, 4th with DS3 and 1st with DS3 and no ABS.

Then I wanted to be more competitive at online league racing, so I got a wheel on summer 2015. Like many of us who switched from DS3 to wheel, at first you always think you will not get used to it. I got used to it in one month more or less, but not for every car/track combination. 2014 and first half of 2015 is the time where I spent more hours in the game (500 or so), but on my first year of wheel I just spent like 200. What I mean is once you learn every track, racing lines and how cars behave, then you´ll be ready to switch from one periferic to another. Fast wheel drivers might be very slow with DS3 in their first weeks if they´ve never raced with it, but surely they´d be at the top with it with enough practise. In my case, I´ve never improved that #77 I got with DS3. I found seasonals more addictive with DS3, and I dont spend much time on them with wheel.

I've always wanted to do a rant on this s The most important thing I've learned in this game is to not compare yourself to anyone.. only focus on improving yourself and be your own judge. Sometimes you will hit a wall and will not be able to improve, that's when you need to literally just sit and think critically (google critical thinking) of ways to improve and go and literally try them. If one continues to blame external circumstances, and not themselves, all of your efforts to improve will be extraneous. TT's in Gran Turismo are all about self improvement. For me I have been in top ten a few times and every time it was extremely difficult to do, spending multiple hours thinking of wheel settings, car tunes, body rigidity, sector times, driving lines, track limits etc, and the combinations of all those given factors. There are definitely things in the game I personally haven't thought or imagined of yet and the people who are capable of finding and using them are going to be faster players. Plan and simple my advice is to not copy other players, it won't make you better than them. Just do you.

Completely right. Unlike other games, taking racing games into competitive situations mean you must assume your rival can be slower than you with a concrete car/track, but he can also be better than you in other combinations. This also applies to the DS3/wheel debate.

Yeah..... Well maybe I'm not a very good driver with a wheel. No problem for me. I go try it on GT sport, But if i'm not get close to a DS time i go give my wheel away...

I'm so used to my controller that i think i get never close with the wheel. Maybe with alot of practice. I play 1 year now this game. So maybe on sport i can learn with the wheel. Enjoy the game dudes :cheers:

funny fact: i'm in .350 with the ZZII (in maybe 1 hour the first day) , I did .40 with the VGT without any troubles with the DS3 yesterday, later the night I retried the ZZII with the wheel... 2 hours later I was still in .390...
should I burn my wheel? :irked:

even funnier fact, I really think I'm faster with the wheel.

(I think at least... somehow haha)
(well... I hope after 2 years... fkin' wheel:banghead: )

no, seriously:
-the pad can be really effective with tail happy road cars, of course the wheel will be too.
-but for understeer fests (as for a lot of stock cars for example), you can burry your pad ;)

and above all, I don't think you can be worse with a wheel.

Back