• 615 comments

Should @JogoAsobi return to GTP?

• #comebackjogo!

Votes: 95 73.1%
  • Who is Jogo?

Votes: 35 26.9%

• Total voters
hsv
1:17.506, good enough for 20th. Got some more to come out the car, but a 16 is looking a struggle. I'm presuming the fastest guys have turbos installed, so a lot of pace will come from that...
Dayum...That's a mighty fine time - especially for day one! I looked into what the stats would be with the turbo's installed on my 15th Ann HSV-010. It went:

STOCK - 591 HP 347 lb-ft
MID T - 543 HP 476 lb-ft (Power Limiter 76.4%)
HIGH T - 558 HP 434 lb-ft (Power Limited 65.8%)

I don't know if losing that much HP is worth the tradeoff for the increased torque..Maybe I'll give it a try tomorrow with the Mid RPM Turbo.

If I can get this setup nailed, I'll post it. Definitely the most consistent of all (and strong BB means you can dive into corners a lot easier).

hsv
If I can get this setup nailed, I'll post it. Definitely the most consistent of all (and strong BB means you can dive into corners a lot easier).
Sweet. I can't wait to try it. Then maybe I'll take it out for the Nordschleife Expert Level Race after Laguna Seca.

hsv
I've just gone hard all-round and it feels much more planted. It's taken out some of the looseness on the edge, but that was contributing to some snap oversteer. Tiny toe/LSD changes and we're there.

EDIT - Done! 1:17.432 for today. Still not discounting a 16.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/tunes/honda-hsv-010-gt-15th-anniv-11.627/

I've got a spare hour, I'll slap this on my raybrig HSV and see what's what (I'm assuming there isn't much of a difference); one thing you didn't state in your tune, what power upgrades did you add to it? :sly:

I've got a spare hour, I'll slap this on my raybrig HSV and see what's what (I'm assuming there isn't much of a difference); one thing you didn't state in your tune, what power upgrades did you add to it? :sly:
It's the 15th Anniversary (based upon the Weider), power upgrades as standard.

Is the HSV the best GT500 car in GT6?

The std NSX (can't remember the sponsor - green and white colour scheme IIRC) was always top on ppts in GT5 (faster and drove a lot better than the FR GT500 cars.

STOCK - 591 HP 347 lb-ft
MID T - 543 HP 476 lb-ft (Power Limiter 76.4%)
HIGH T - 558 HP 434 lb-ft (Power Limited 65.8%)

I don't know if losing that much HP is worth the tradeoff for the increased torque..Maybe I'll give it a try tomorrow with the Mid RPM Turbo.

It's almost always better to run the highest power/lowest torque you can when tuning for a ppt limit.

Is the HSV the best GT500 car in GT6?

The std NSX (can't remember the sponsor - green and white colour scheme IIRC) was always top on ppts in GT5 (faster and drove a lot better than the FR GT500 cars.
Yep, it is in GT6. The TAKATA NSX, and the other NSX's, relied quite heavily on GT5's physics to work well. GT6's physics makes them to unstable for consistent hard driving.

HSV105.jpg

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/tunes/honda-hsv-010-gt-base-model-12.506

This is the RTRacing World Championship HSV All-Tracks Tune at 586PP created by Aughablo (@DrAug) with the TMAX gearbox created by me, with the whole process reviewed by Praiano (@praiano63) and approved by Honda Racing.

Of course for this challenge it would need to be adjusted to fit the track. More power to 600pp, more aero if you prefer (350-400 front, 400-475 rear), adjustment of the final gear to fit the track, and maybe little change to the anti-roll bars, to 2/3 or 1/2 or 1/3.

This All-Tracks Tune was created in v1.05 so I would be interested to know if it still is competitive in the current version, and if you can improve it for the track, great!

hsv
Yep, it is in GT6. The TAKATA NSX, and the other NSX's, relied quite heavily on GT5's physics to work well. GT6's physics makes them to unstable for consistent hard driving.

Hmmmm... unstable usually = fast :)

Starting with an unstable car = a good thing as it's usually easier to reduce rotation than increase it.

My memories of the HSV is it understeered really badly in GT5... is it better in 6?

et_
@Stotty : I believe you are refering to the Honda TAKATA DOME NSX '03

I am 👍

Pic

This is the RTRacing World Championship HSV All-Tracks Tune at 586PP created by Aughablo (@DrAug) with the TMAX gearbox created by me, with the whole process reviewed by Praiano (@praiano63) and approved by Honda Racing.

Of course for this challenge it would need to be adjusted to fit the track. More power to 600pp, more aero if you prefer (350-400 front, 400-475 rear), adjustment of the final gear to fit the track, and maybe little change to the anti-roll bars, to 2/3 or 1/2 or 1/3.

This All-Tracks Tune was created in v1.05 so I would be interested to know if it still is competitive in the current version, and if you can improve it for the track, great!

Thanks for this, mate. :cheers: Much appreciated. 👍

Hmmmm... unstable usually = fast :)

Starting with an unstable car = a good thing as it's usually easier to reduce rotation than increase it.

My memories of the HSV is it understeered really badly in GT5... is it better in 6?

I am 👍
The Takata was very good in GT5, but I beleive the HSV is best in GT6.

I'm going to try and crack a 16 tomorrow. It'll happen, it's just about getting comfortable. Fingers were almost bleeding after this morning.

Here is my gold tune for this GT500 event

Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth Model

Link here

The only change I made to the tune linked above was camber. Change camber on front and rear to 0.0

View attachment 204135

Thanks for the car AND the tune!
It's a guaranteed Gold, even for a bad driver like humble me, but currently I am at 1:20,064
driving with ASC off but TC=1.
However, happy with it!
Thanks!!

Thanks for the car AND the tune!
It's a guaranteed Gold, even for a bad driver like humble me, but currently I am at 1:20,064
driving with ASC off but TC=1.
However, happy with it!
Thanks!!
Bad driver? I doubt that. You were 2 seconds faster than me in the same car.. Glad the tune helped you out. :)

The 180SX is so much fun to drive around this track! :lol:

Did a 1:24,852 with ds3. Still 0,5s to gain out there, but defenetly not fast enough for gold.

et_
@ThrasherDBS: I ran 1'24.7 with the 180SX, so yes it is possible to get silver, but I'm afraid gold is one step above what is possible.

I'll add a leaderboard for the 180SX to OP in a few hours, post your times!:cheers:

The 180SX is so much fun to drive around this track! :lol:

Did a 1:24,852 with ds3. Still 0,5s to gain out there, but defenetly not fast enough for gold.

Man, either you guys are GT Academy material, or I just really stink. Tried another session this morning, added a wing to the back, and after several laps of choice words being said (read: yelled) I got a time of 1:26.080. So... damn... close!

I feel like that guy in Mallrats who is staring at a Magic Eye poster for the whole movie and trying to see the sailboat, while other people who walk by notice it right away.

I'm gonna try the other trials, I think I need to cool down a bit.

Did this in my stock Nomad Diablo (may have had an oil change), took a few attempts to get 1:23.000 exactly, then knocked about 1.5 secs off that on the next lap. DS3, all aids off except ABS 1. Quite a snappy car so the key is to keep it smooth out of the corners. Not always easy with a DS3 so I tap the throttle a little until I know I have enough grip to give it the full beans.

Back