600PP Racing Car Super Lap: Apricot Hill Raceway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 154 comments
No vegemite but probably a bit of beer with the pizza. 1.09. 200 I'm sure. Don't know how you guys do it.

But I found a new way to go faster. Was chasing 1.10.154 to get to Fordie on 1.10.000 (wouldn't that make you ill) and having a drink when I suddenly got a great need to head for the toilet. Thought to myself, bloody hell I'm close, surely I can squeeze out another lap and presto 1.10.034. Best pee I've had for a long time.:nervous::D:cheers:

ps; That's TS030 with Cory Clifford's tune untouched. Thanks mate.:bowdown:
That's because you're using EeePee's tune........:lol:

No vegemite but probably a bit of beer with the pizza. 1.09. 200 I'm sure. Don't know how you guys do it.

But I found a new way to go faster. Was chasing 1.10.154 to get to Fordie on 1.10.000 (wouldn't that make you ill) and having a drink when I suddenly got a great need to head for the toilet. Thought to myself, bloody hell I'm close, surely I can squeeze out another lap and presto 1.10.034. Best pee I've had for a long time.:nervous::D:cheers:

ps; That's TS030 with Cory Clifford's tune untouched. Thanks mate.:bowdown:
My TS030 is a brand new one and you are getting closer to me mate :cheers:.

You beauty, tried the EeePee update had a bit trouble so returned to the original, 1.09.714. Now trying the new one again. 👍👍:cheers:

Keep telling you Fordie you need more beer, it's raining at Bathurst and I'm sorry for raining on your parade.:D:D

Bravo my dear friend Lindsey. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: :cheers::cheers:
It's a pleasure to see you fit. 👍:bowdown::bowdown:
My dear friend Fordy you have a lot of work!!!!!! :lol::lol:

Well, just went out for my first lap and who flashed past but UpTopLog, got such a shock I ran off the road on the first corner. Where have you been Fred? I was worried about you.:confused:

Great time Fordie, but geez you make me work for it. Now I've got two of you to cover up the turns for me!!:D:grumpy:

Hey Lindsey, had some medical issues which have hopefully been sorted. Is there a setup for the 2J around anywhere for this track??

Hi Fred good to hear mate. Just about to try Hotsaucer's Suzuka tune, lfm58 reckons it's pretty good. We'll see how it goes, only got a few minutes before dinner.👍

20171008_114955.jpg
Hi Lindsey, can you post the link
There you go.

The PeePee tune. :lol:

Edit: The current EP tune

Tune starts with beers.
~11,250 km for used oil power.
Not rigid and yellow light on for opposite effect of rigidity added.
60/60
Min/min
1/1
1/1
3/3
0/0
0/0.14
LSD 5/11/5
Full aero

Cory, where do i find the (your) original EP tune? I'm very bad in finding stuff lately it seems :lol:
Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction! :cheers:

Tried @SW__10's tune from last time and managed a 1:10.582 in my first session - not unhappy :)

Cory, where do i find the (your) original EP tune?
I have no idea but it might be from the Nürb event which would be 90/90 ride height and -0.07/0.07 toe and 5/12/5 LSD and probably less rear aero. I think. Probably some beer tweaks too.

I don't see the need for the tall ride height on Apricot Hell. Nor the quicker turn in from the front negative toe. And the positive rear toe is for being able to get the power down soon as possible.

From Suzuka, 85 85 same except no rear toe and I can't remember the gearing off hand. Got a 1.09.9xx but didn't spend a lot of with the update as I watched the last half hour of Bathurst. Diff was 6/12/5.

I have no idea but it might be from the Nürb event which would be 90/90 ride height and -0.07/0.07 toe and 5/12/5 LSD and probably less rear aero. I think. Probably some beer tweaks too.

Thanks Cory, i was mainly asking because of the other settings, e.g. Transmission. If you didn't share this, no problem, don't have old oil anyhow, so maybe i'll just mix your new tune with @SW__10's which is great as it is :cheers:

The car is usually within one of two clicks away from what I like. Doesn't take much when the car is great to begin with. The transmission is probably the basic flip then small adjustments to hold a gear so I don't have to shift into the next gear for a millisecond before a corner.

Here at Apricot I know max speed is minimum,1-2 is full left and 5th is 1975 and 6th is 1750. I can't recall 3rd or 4th, but for me, it's mostly about not shifting into 5th. Peak power for my car is at 10,000 rpm, so I try to keep it as close to that all the time as I can.

I don't have a lot of work my friend, it is only a matter of time before I swoop upon my prey.

do not hurt your prey then :lol:. Do not give him any chance to get back on you ;)

We shouldn't stir him up too much Jerome, he gets a bit quick when the going gets tough.:scared:;)

I know my dear friend Lindsey. It is in these situations that he is the best.:scared:

GUYS I hope you've all been well! Just got back from Germany and spent some time at the Nurburgring :cheers: It was so SO unreal to do actual hotlaps of the track, I really hope all of you get a chance to go there. Heres a clip of one of my lap if you wanna watch ;) Cheers guys

You seemed to be tired going round the ring , it looked like you were yawning quite a bit on that lap :rolleyes: no , to be a little serius , it looked like you had fun 👍:cheers: iam a bit curius to know what you had to pay for that lap ? I truly want to go on a trip down there myself , but the budget sadly isnt to big at the moment , so it have to wait.....

I guess this may be my last Seasonal, if I can manage to buy a G29 and a PS4 and GTSport next week.

Anyway was looking for a tune from the previous race here as posted (resurrected) and right at the end I found my own last post, #253, Dec 4th 2014.

""Still having a crack at this one. Have been stuck on 1:10.244 @# 323 for about a week now. Did a few laps last night after a few sherberts and managed to get in front of Cargo, Zona and Nowcontrol (my leaders) at times but could never get it all together to finish. Those blokes are all in the 1:09's.

PS, don't drink in the day time so can't get any help there unfortunately.
Will have a final try now.

Crikey, improved to 1:10.070 @ #252 with still tenths left behind.

PPS...Did it, 1:09.928 ..@ pos# 210. :)

All finished now, I can put the clothes on the line. Happy with my final attack here.

I'm sure you are all interested to know I am the fastest in Australia using buttons and the 8th fastest overall in OZ, as well as the 8th fastest in the world using buttons.""

Well 2017 and I'm now using a wheel, G27, so lets see how that goes.

Back