600PP Racing Car Super Lap: Apricot Hill Raceway

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 154 comments
1.09.265 for 59th.

Seven tenths better than in 2014 with the buttons on the controller.

Picking up my G29 today, $378 @ Harvey Norman, Darwin.

I also compare to old times. While I improved more than a second here, I can not match my 2014 time at Willow.
Looks like the whole willow event is about a second slower than last time.
Anyway ... great time with the dir buttons - what will happen when you're on your new wheel :scared: ...

I also compare to old times. While I improved more than a second here, I can not match my 2014 time at Willow.
Looks like the whole willow event is about a second slower than last time.
Anyway ... great time with the dir buttons - what will happen when you're on your new wheel :scared: ...
Oh, I have been using a G27 now for a year or two and from what I have read the G29 is little different to the G27, so I don't expect any difference/improvement with it.
As for Willow, had a quick try the other day, not sure I even completed a lap, don't like the car at all but will have another crack at it when I set up this new wheel. Don't know how I did in 2014, were we using the same car then?

Oh, I have been using a G27 now for a year or two and from what I have read the G29 is little different to the G27, so I don't expect any difference/improvement with it.
As for Willow, had a quick try the other day, not sure I even completed a lap, don't like the car at all but will have another crack at it when I set up this new wheel. Don't know how I did in 2014, were we using the same car then?

Yes, I think most of us used the Nissan VGT back then.
My 2014 laptime is two tenths faster than the current P1 :rolleyes:, I'm about 0.7 slower atm.
Good luck with the new wheel ... and the 2020 :).

Having the same problem as Laguna Seca. Yesterday did about 100 laps where I was way ahead of my best time 'til I got to the r/h at the bottom of the hill. If by some miracle it said I got that corner ok there's still the esses on the other side.
It got to the point where I was checking the ghost down the hill, up to a full arrow ahead, to again on the other side, up to a full arrow behind. Does this stupid game reckon I'm hopping out and pushing the bloody car through the esses.
When all this is over I think I'm going to frisbee this disc way out into the Great Barrier Reef. 🤬 'em all!!

Take it easy Ace. Now I've got CC as a friend all I need is to have Alex Alien and Jeje pass me and I'll be at the bottom of the tree with all you Buzzards unloading on me!!!!:ill::irked:

May not happen from my side, probably finished with GT6 for good, currently sweating to get my FFB settings for PCars 2 working :crazy:

Have fun though and maybe meet you on track in GT Sport sometime :cheers:

Special thank's to my friend end best mechanic jeros
20171014_233454.jpg
to help me with real set to leave gt6 whith a good place on bord for me and my poor buttons ...

Had a short Saturday night trip to Apricot Hill with a little improvement finally.
Not quite pleased 'cos I'm not as smooth as I'd like to ( with the DS3 as my excuse ;) ), but anyway :

See my apricot smile ... through the helmet ?

IMG_0259.JPG

1.08.805, P32 atm ( ODO 425 km )

Now it's :cheers: until :dunce: !

Congrats. I got an 8 once. Can't do it again. I can run 9.0, 9.1 and 9.2 no problem though. That's annoying.
Yep, that's damn annoying. Yesterday my first lap, not even trying, was 1.09.8xx. So I thought finally it might be going to happen. 2 hours later the closest I got was.006 down after lap after lap of .10.00 .10.1 .10.2 and even some in the .11s when it decided to go crazy.
After much swearing gnashing of teeth and beer drinking, frustration got the better of me, and I wrote that post above.
Made me feel a little bit better. I believe the game takes an early fast lap and then makes it harder and harder to improve on it, but maybe that's just me.

Alex, what do you think of Pcars 2? I'm kind of in a quandary about what to buy first. A lot complained about GTS but I didn't do the demo, found out about it late and then there was a 20 hr plus download so gave it a miss. Now I'll wait 'till people start using the real thing to see what it is like. Plus to get my depression and frustration levels back to normal I need to get away from 666, sorry I mean GT6.🤬:irked::cheers:

Yep, that's damn annoying. Yesterday my first lap, not even trying, was 1.09.8xx. So I thought finally it might be going to happen. 2 hours later the closest I got was.006 down after lap after lap of .10.00 .10.1 .10.2 and even some in the .11s when it decided to go crazy.
After much swearing gnashing of teeth and beer drinking, frustration got the better of me, and I wrote that post above.
Made me feel a little bit better. I believe the game takes an early fast lap and then makes it harder and harder to improve on it, but maybe that's just me.

Alex, what do you think of Pcars 2? I'm kind of in a quandary about what to buy first. A lot complained about GTS but I didn't do the demo, found out about it late and then there was a 20 hr plus download so gave it a miss. Now I'll wait 'till people start using the real thing to see what it is like. Plus to get my depression and frustration levels back to normal I need to get away from 666, sorry I mean GT6.🤬:irked::cheers:
Pcars 2 on PS4 has got a lot of bugs that look like this
untitled.png
on that game at the moment according to some of my friends, I stop playing GT6 and getting ready for GTS :) so I can use my PS4 that I have not use for sometime.

Haven't seen a bug yet in PCars2, just some annoyances, like downshift protection being too strong, or having the next lap invalidated for mistakes in the last sector, which can be longer than just some corners.
Just drove one car on one track so far, as i need to setup my wheel's FFB, which is more complex than in GT. So not able to comment too much. The game is more of a simulation, GTS is more of an Arcade game. I will buy GTS as well, to have something simpler when PCars gets too frustrating :lol:
Number of Track combinations is 144 if i counted correctly, GTS stands at ~20.
Can't understand why people praise GTS so much, GT6 had more features, cars and tracks ;)
Could go on and on and on, but rather drive some laps now :lol:

:cheers:

Haven't seen a bug yet in PCars2, just some annoyances, like downshift protection being too strong, or having the next lap invalidated for mistakes in the last sector, which can be longer than just some corners.
Just drove one car on one track so far, as i need to setup my wheel's FFB, which is more complex than in GT. So not able to comment too much. The game is more of a simulation, GTS is more of an Arcade game. I will buy GTS as well, to have something simpler when PCars gets too frustrating :lol:
Can't understand why people praise GTS so much, GT6 had more features, cars and tracks ;)

Thanks mate, hands on is always best so I'll probably get both anyway. That's about what a lot of the forums say so you go doing some laps and I'll go work on the missus.:D:tup:

1.08.994 yebo yes, there is more, but it takes a lot of laps just to hook up one goodie. P45. :gtpflag::gtpflag::cheers::cheers:

cmon guys, you can't all bugger off now, it's gonna be pretty 🤬 without you.

Personally and also from the clubs I race with, nobody's going anywhere fast. Rather wait and see how it all pans out. Ive heard nothing that would make me want to rush out and spend money on something that has yet to prove it on a level with GT6.

Last edited:

See following quote re new cars, and tracks :) :-

"Today Gran Turismo Sport Producer Kazunori Yamauchi took to Twitter to respond to a few questions from the fans, mostly focused on upcoming post-launch DLC.

First of all, Yamauchi-san was asked whether we can expect Super GT cars in the game, and he mentioned that the plan is for them to be added via DLC.

After that, he explained that downloadable content will also include commercial cars, vintage cars, and famous cars. Polyphony intends to keep adding content to the game, “because this is Gran Turismo.”

Lastly, Yamauchi-san was asked to add new tracks as well, and his response was a very positive “of course!”

For those unfamiliar with Super GT, it’s Japan's most relevant racing series.Formerly called JGTC (Japan Grand Touring Champoonship), it’s well known for its parity and handicap rules to make races exciting, and for having two entirely different classes of cars (GT300 and GT500) run in the same competition.

Cars from the Super GT series have always been a staple of the Gran Turismo franchise, so it’s nice to hear that they will be coming back."

Back