600PP Racing Car Super Lap: Streets of Willow

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 281 comments
ODB
PFFFT :D sounds effective :D mario kart style :D heheheh.... But yeah, is it in use all the time, or only when throttle is open? Just felt like car had better grip when on throttle... Or is the better feeling grip just because weight transfer?

I think it is the weight transfer, otherwise we would see the same complains as in the last TT.
This fan is double effective: More downforce and irritates the other drivers. No wonder the car is so op in this game :)

Ok heheh, well this car really feels different altogether and I really hope we'll get some tunes for it soon :) SoW is pretty nice track for it really takes your attention 👍

Good luck all and great weekend :cheers:

Here is my gold tune for this event.

Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 (615PP RH)

Use PP Limiter to reach 600PP

Link here

toyotats030img2-jpg.174308

It uses a small two stroke engine to power the fans which is used to create suction. Was known to throw rocks and rubber out the back and in the faces of the drivers behind it. Kind of funny.

Oh you tell us it isnt a fridge at all ? not even a toaster ... NOOO its a vacuum cleaner !! :D :rolleyes:

Hey, I was wondering guys, if I put 40 miles on my 2J before I did the "Improve Rigidity" thing, will it still do its thing?

Or, does it need to be done at 0.0 miles right when you buy the car, otherwise you'd need to do the $500,000 "restore rigidity" thing instead of the $30,000 "Improve Rigidity" thing?

Or would I have to spend a whole new 4.5 mil on a brand new 2J and do it when it's brand new? 🤬 , I hope that isn't the case, lol. Anyone know?

Tried out a quick session in a new tune and the car is a hell of a lot faster than it was in mostly-stock form. Dropped my time from 1:06.x down to 1:02.238 in the span of the past 30 minutes or so. Then again, a lot of that was just me making various giant errors in the 1:06 lap, since I know that even with that stock-style setup I already had a 1:03-low in it easy, but still, pretty excited by how much faster this thing is now with a proper tuning. Not sure yet if I'll be able to go sub 1:00.00 but still keeping it as my goal for now. I can tell I definitely left at least 1 full second on the table on my 1:02 lap, so, I at the minimum I'm pretty sure I can go sub 1:01 if I put in enough more attempts. I guess once I'm below 1:01 I'll know where that first "ceiling" is gonna be for me of having to do a ton of laps and sessions to get below it. Not sure if that'll be at 1:00.5 or 1:00.0 or 59.5 or what, but I guess I'll find out soon, hopefully.

Well, I guess I'm warming up SLIGHTLY to this TT, albeit slowly and reluctantly :embarrassed: . I still don't tend to like these high-PP events and narrow tracks and sharp dropoff-lips and all that, but now that I have the track memorized somewhat decently, I guess it's starting to get a little more fun maybe, since I'm flying off the track a little less often, lol. :)

Put in another 30 min session since my left arm still seemed okay. Got down to 1:01.545, but not too happy with it since I was ahead of a 59.8 ghost 3/4ths of the way through a lap on two different laps and blew it both times in the same exact spot (slid sideways through those cones on that last big decel-from-max-speed turn that comes before the final s/thing leading to the last curve). So, on the upside at least now I know I have a 59.x in me, but on the downside now I have to feel mad at myself for blowing two different awesome lap opportunities to smitherenes by getting too excited and forgetting to hit the brake button near the end, lol. Oh well, still a pretty sick evening coming down from 1:06 all the way to 1:01.5 on a track I just learned yesterday, so I guess I should be pretty happy with it so far.

I watched Wolf's lap. The 57.1, lol. HOLY 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬 :lol: that dude is 🤬 ing insane. Plus I'm guessing he can probably go sub 57 pretty soon if he wants to. I already knew he was fast as hell from all his world class performances in previous TT's, but I can see now why people say the 2J is his car-soulmate, hahaha. Dude is unreal in that thing.

Could always spend more time driving instead of writing books. :D

:lol: was thinking the same thing. Just put in another session and got down to 1:00.526. 59x is so close I can taste it. Come on vacuum cleaner! Clean like you've never cleaned before!!! hahaha

:cheers:

You think 825kg the way to go for this event?

My 57,6 was done with 835kg, but it was a pretty lucky lap. With 825kg I did the most consistent times (57,8-7).
The more weight you are able to carry until the bowl corner without losing too much time, the better.
And I lose a lot of time in the bowl and last corner :irked: could managed ,5

Did someone said tunes?💡 @Mr P Setup from the Suzuka TT is my choice:tup: ^^ 825kg and FG 4450 are my only changes.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...zuka-circuit-2014.324184/page-3#post-10478153
Good luck! :cheers:

Edit: I am testing with 835kg and it has potential

Oh heck thanks for sharing, I had some old tune on my 2J before this and I didn't notice it had stage 3 turbo and 200kg ballast witch didn't help, at all :D hehehe, this tune helped me to improve over 1.8 seconds and ALMOST made it under 58's already, current record is now 58.080 and I've been at least two tenths ahead of that ghost on that back straight so making it under 58 should be no problem at all with this tune :) thanks again for posting it, good luck for future your time is awesome :bowdown: I also had weight at 835 and if I'm able to nail that beginning there's at least two tenths on the track for me... Well if just happen to nail the end also witch wasn't the case today, kept getting far ahead of my ghost but messed it up every time...

Last edited:
My 57,6 was done with 835kg, but it was a pretty lucky lap. With 825kg I did the most consistent times (57,8-7).
The more weight you are able to carry until the bowl corner without losing too much time, the better.
And I lose a lot of time in the bowl and last corner :irked: could managed ,5
I'll give this a try, i had way more weight on my car

835 kg seems like a good mix of handling and weight. As I just got my fastest with it. I had more weight and was faster down the straights but I'm much more comfortable in a lighter car.

835 kg seems like a good mix of handling and weight. As I just got my fastest with it. I had more weight and was faster down the straights but I'm much more comfortable in a lighter car.
I tryed it and think it was slower to what i had but still got 57.5 with it, it just lost it all on speed so i went to 850kg and got 57.494 what i thought was okay, i'll keep testing the weight

I tryed it and think it was slower to what i had but still got 57.5 with it, it just lost it all on speed so i went to 850kg and got 57.494 what i thought was okay, i'll keep testing the weight

Interesting feedback. A light car is good overall, but really fast is more weight.
The track is a real challenge and balancing act.
Good stuff to play with until Sylvester :D

Interesting feedback. A light car is good overall, but really fast is more weight.
The track is a real challenge and balancing act.
Good stuff to play with until Sylvester :D
The key to rotation into the corners, that's how i get my time and when i went 835kg the rear had too much grip

I have no idea how i smash that last sector but man it's so hard to beat, im 2 tenths infront then just lose it all

Last edited:
I have no idea how i smash that last sector but man it's so hard to beat, im 2 tenths infront then just lose it all

Yeah lol, yesterday I had couple of laps where my ghost was only a dot in the mirror coming to those last corners but no matter how well (it felt) I hit those last corners my ghost was always ahead of me on the final straight :D braking from full speed in to that first left I think keeps loosing me one tenth and that last right hand turn kills me on the entry every time... I think one good line would be if you get left tires to roll over that first curb on the left coming in, car won't bounce at all if you get it right, one millimeter wrong and that little soap box goes airborne :D hehehe, nothing is more irritating that loosing the whole lap on few last corners but this track really is quite fun and provides lots of surprises, every time I'm coming in to that right hand sweeper in the mid track it feels different, same goes with almost all of the track so driving here really keeps your mind alert and this really is the first TT I can say I like driving the damn 2J :D good luck for nailing that end it really requires some to get it just right :D (at least from me :D hehehe )

Tried the Jaguar XJ220 LM Race Car from the Indianapolis seasonal and struggled. Never driven this track, or this car. Couldn't even manage a bronze! Arrghh!

I'm in the minute, I'm going to try different tunes and hope to come under the minute, I play with a controller.

the ''wolf'' hit the pion in his lap... and he have a steering wheele? I %^&*& his time if i have that :)

Latest Posts

Back