Silver: Cr. 120,000
Bronze: Cr. 60,000

Gift(s):
Gold: GT OLD GENERATION 002-W paint chip

Target Time:
Gold: 2:08.000
Silver: 2:11.000
Bronze: 2:20.000

SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.

Course Conditions:
Track: Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit
Track Length: 3.86 miles / 6212 m
Time of day: **:**
Temp: *
Precipitation: 0%

Tunes:

Audi R8 LMS ultra '12 by shaunm80

BMW Z4 GT3 '11 by shaunm80

BMW Z4 GT3 '11 by jimipitbull

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 '11 by olecus

BMW Z4 GT3 '11 by praiano63

BMW Z4 GT3 '11 by Stotty

Audi R8 LMS ultra '12 by Evo19uk

BMW Z4 GT3 '11 by Evo19uk

BMW Z4 GT3 '11 by SW__10

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

Last edited:
Barely did it with the SLS GT3. Sweating over the Pagani holiday trial made the curves a piece of cake. Just need to brake early enough that you don't slam into a wall and you have it.

Rather easy. I used a stock Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 at 609pp.

Sadly, top of the hill flickering still flickers with the shadows and light. Annoying.

Echo flickering comment. I thought my tv was going out.

Ran a first lap 2.09 in the SLS AMG. Now I can't keep off the walls.

SLS 15AE got into the 2:07s for me after about an hour. For awhile I had misread the PP limit and was only dialling in 620.

As a point of reference awhile ago there was an FT-1 TT here , required a 2:02 gold lap at 637 PP, which was a little harder than this one. Too bad can't use the FT-1 but if it was opened up some wag would use the 2J and claim it's too easy.

That flickering with the tree shadows is annoying, all they have to do is set the weather for slightly overcast

Ran a 2:05.879 using the GT-R GT3 Base Model '13. Car is at 617 PP. Since this track has grown on me, I'll spend some more time here. A few more cars to try.

This will definitely be interesting. Can't wait to try it out tonight. Looks like Mr. Praiano has a tune for the SLS that is made for this very track.. Might be my opening shot.

Anyone with a BMW Z4 GT3 tune please come forward. :) I admire this track just as much as I hate it. I respect, yet despise it.

Thank you and carry on.
Despite despising this beautiful (yet innocent) track, I recommend you grab your 2,-$ and buy Praiano's
"Gran Praiano 6 (GT6 Car Tunes)" for Android on Google Play.
In this App you find many good tunes from Praiano, but in case you have an iPhone, here it is (my current time is 2:00,848) and this with Automatic Stability Control ON and Traction Control 2 !!!
© by Praiano:

BMW%20Z4%20GT3%20by%20Praiano.jpg

I have just changed the gearbox and some other settings a bit:
Initial Final: 3,600
Top Sped: 200 kmh / 124 mph
1st: 4,838
2nd: 3,769
3rd: 2,936
4th: 2,419
5th: 2,065
6th: 1,800
Final Gear: 2,400

I first did an oil-Change and a rigidity improvement,
then my limiter is at 93,4 %
Engine Stage 3
Low RPM Turbo
Downforce
400 / 900

Thanks to Praiano for his great work and fine tunes!
We'll see if I can break the 2 Minutes barrier (without the driving aids!?).

EDIT:
broke the 2 minutes barrier with a 1:59,835 !

Made some slight changes still to the above tune:
Traction Control = 1
Automatic Stability Control = OFF
Gearbox:
Initial Final: 3,600
Top Speed 200 kmh / 124 mph
2nd: 3,700
3rd: 3,000
4th: 2,450
5th: 2,070
Final Gear: 2,100

Downforce: 390 /850

That made my day, definitely! :D :lol: :cheers: :gtpflag:

EDIT 2:

And here's the Video:

Last edited:
First run in a tuned by @praiano63 SLS GT3 for 2:08.413. I did change the final but went too far so my top speed was bouncing the rev limiter. I was the first of my friends on this too but not gold yet. I had run so many practice laps at Eiger that my hands are just too tired to try again tonight. I know where I'm losing that 1/2 sec for gold. Part of it is speed and the other is the curve at bottom of the mountain going down the long straight. I'll run it again later even though I could care less about the paint chip or the credits

Managed a 2:06.867 on my 5 run not counting a few restarts lol...used the GT3 BMW with my tune gonna try Priano's tomoro. :cheers::gtpflag:

Just curious, but can you guys not drive at all unless you use Praiano's tunes?

I am sure we can. The question is why not take advantage of an excellent tune? I have been using Praiano's tunes since GT5. I use 2 other peoples tunes and I do some of my own too. Still the question remains why not take advantage of tunes?It's done in real life racing and I know that is a fact because I raced in the SCCA from the mid '70s to late '80s and our team shared notes on car set ups. The SCCA has such limitations on what you can and can't do that you need every edge you can get unless you just want to waste money and finish last.

Edit: I am not arguing with you at all. Just putting in my 2 cents worth.

Nope! :lol:

I hate time trials. To me they are boring. I need cars on the track and some action. I use Praiano's tunes to get the paint chip and move on. Then I get back to trying to win in the seasonal events using cars (my tunes) that have no business being in the race. Everybody is different.... I have the most fun being the tortoise chasing the hare...

Tortoise-and-the-Hare.jpg
tortoise.jpg

I'm an ex SCCA guy myself, and I understand a baseline, but it seems like so many people practically depend on his tunes to win. Like 75% of the posts mention him. Sorry, just don't get it. And, how about the enjoyment of driving a car as it comes? Seems lost.

It's not that I can't drive ... it's just that I can't tune (except for basics) and it is a competition.....and I get at least two seconds from @praiano63 tunes.... i usually start with stock. .. adjust weight and power to bring it to PP to get a feeling of the car.... then I try with a @praiano63 tune.... not only is it always faster... on many occasions he tames a beast and makes it driveable .(more enjoyable ). with this one I barely cracked 2.07 with the Mercedes. ..tuned it with his tune and time was down to 2.04... the Z4 I was getting 2.05 stock× and 2.01 tuned...
it will be nice to Crack the 2.00 on Mount Panorama with one of the GT3 cars .... (looking at early leader board the Z4 is thecar for it)there are other tuners out there I try from time to time and they also do great work.... but for me.... it's hard to beat a @praiano63 tune

On a side note... i really hope to get a Ford Falcon 600pp or Holden Commodore 550pp time trial or one make race on this track.....

I used the SLS AMG GT3 for a simple 2:07.239
Stock suspension
brakebalance 9/6
Stock gearbox
LSD 12/12/20
enginetune fase 3 for 627pp
Stock downforce
Traction=1
ABS=1
DS3=5
car has a lot of grip and i did some late brakes.
I tried an old praiano tune, but got the same time. The rearwheels started spinning when i went flat out in the corners, after braking, and lost seconds.

It's not that I can't drive ... it's just that I can't tune (except for basics) and it is a competition.....and I get at least two seconds from @praiano63 tunes.... i usually start with stock. .. adjust weight and power to bring it to PP to get a feeling of the car.... then I try with a @praiano63 tune.... not only is it always faster... on many occasions he tames a beast and makes it driveable .(more enjoyable ). with this one I barely cracked 2.07 with the Mercedes. ..tuned it with his tune and time was down to 2.04... the Z4 I was getting 2.05 stock× and 2.01 tuned...
it will be nice to Crack the 2.00 on Mount Panorama with one of the GT3 cars .... (looking at early leader board the Z4 is thecar for it)there are other tuners out there I try from time to time and they also do great work.... but for me.... it's hard to beat a @praiano63 tune

On a side note... i really hope to get a Ford Falcon 600pp or Holden Commodore 550pp time trial or one make race on this track.....
Speaking of our (Aussie) cars, in real life one of my sons has a Ford FPV (turbo), recently tuned makes 374 kw and 500 hp. I wasn't game to keep my foot down more than a couple of seconds flat chat as I was sure it was going to take off.

Erm...has my game glitched out somehow? Active Steering off, ASM off...SRF forced off. But this seems really stable and kinda easy!

2:06.067 on my first lap using Nissan GT-R NIMSO GT3 Team RJN 2013 with nearly stock setup.

This is a track I usually hate but the car drove like a GT300 on Racing Medium! TCS: 7 provides total safety and easy DS3 gold.

Fully Customizable Suspension
Only changed this:
Camber: 0 0
Toe: -0.12 0.16 [total guess, just halved the default then halved again]

Drivetrain (Transmission)
2.500 [could be a tad shorter for back straight]

Power
Power Limiter: 65.5%
Turbo Kit: High RPM Range Turbo Kit

(EDIT) 2:04.163 using TCS 4 and 2.625 final gear. Dab 10% brake when turning into corners which look like braking shouldn't be needed.

Coast down the wiggly part of the hill, starting fast with the brakes dragging a bit. Brake firmly at the right-hander before the sharpest left. You can't coast through that bit, well I can't anyway.

Turn a bit early and dab the brake at the sweeping right, before the final left hairpin. This will keep you tight to the inside wall around the right-hander, which has favourable camber and sets the line up for the hairpin and long straight straight.

Hold a higher gear through the turns. More stable and uses the peak torque at the exit. Also avoids changing up a gear at the exit - less to think about, less to go wrong.

Those little refinements took me from 4 invalid laps to this time on the 5th lap.

(EDIT2) Z4 GT3 is already locking out the top of the World Ranking! Worth using if you have it.

Last edited:
Despite despising this beautiful (yet innocent) track, I recommend you grab your 2,-$ and buy Praiano's
"Gran Praiano 6 (GT6 Car Tunes)" for Android on Google Play.
In this App you find many good tunes from Praiano, but in case you have an iPhone, here it is (my current time is 2:00,848) and this with Automatic Stability Control ON and Traction Control 2 !!!
© by Praiano:

BMW%20Z4%20GT3%20by%20Praiano.jpg

I have just changed the gearbox and some other settings a bit:
Initial Final: 5,000
Top Sped: 200 kmh / 124 mph
2nd: 3,769
3rd: 2,936
4th: 2,419
5th: 2,065
Final Gear: 2,400

I first did an oil-Change and a rigidity improvement,
then my limiter is at 93,4 %
Engine Stage 3
Low RPM Turbo
Downforce
400 / 900

Thanks to Praiano for his great work and fine tunes!
We'll see if I can break the 2 Minutes barrier (without the driving aids!?).

EDIT:
broke the 2 minutes barrier with a 1:59,835 !

Made some slight changes still to the above tune:
Traction Control = 1
Automatic Stability Control = OFF
Gearbox:
Initial Final: 5,000
Top Speed 200 kmh / 124 mph
2nd: 3,700
3rd: 3,000
4th: 2,450
5th: 2,070
Final Gear: 2,100

Downforce: 390 /850

That made my day, definitely! :D :lol: :cheers: :gtpflag:

EDIT 2:

And here's the Video:

Good teamwork with Praiano, think you need 3600 initial final gear though to get your settings. think your final gear is also off.

Last edited:
2:05 dead with a stock GTR Base model, no oil change which gives 609pp, a little more challenge for gold would have been nice here...

Back