630PP GT3 Racing Car Super Lap: Mount Panorama MRC [OLD]

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 316 comments
:lol::lol::lol::lol: @RacingLine would have Golded that event within 2 to 3 tries :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Not bragging because I am only very average but it took me half a dozen tries to gold that event and got Gold on this event with a @praiano63 tuned Z4 on first attempt ( then again I am Aussie and Bathurst is bread and butter for us) most of we Aussies know every centimetre of this great track from a very early age ;):P:tup:
:cheers:

Bare in mind I got gt6 at christmas, My last gt game was gt3.

It was the first time i had even seen this course when I did that zonda bathurst seasonal, a baptism of fire. So to get gold a week after getting the game when some longer term gt6 drivers couldn't get gold made me pretty happy, even if it took a lot of attempts. More than any sane person.:banghead:

This is my first time driving it in full since then. The zonda challenge was way way way harder. So this race feels like a piece of piss in comparrison. So I feel pretty relaxed doing the downhill section 👍

Of course there are a ton of corners left to max out.

Last edited:
Oh dear you do realize the things I mention are problems i can cope with pretty well otherwise i wouldn't of had a time 13 seconds clear of the gold time:rolleyes:

Fair enough, depends what car you are using and set up.

I haven't experienced those issues with the Z4 but I use a ds3. I will try some other cars.

Last edited:
:banghead: Hate Bathurst :banghead: Hate Bathurst :banghead: Hate Bathurst!

I haven't done anymore than 10 laps total on this circuit since getting GT6 last December, sooo bumpy. I've tried the SLS, Z4 and R8 Base model (which is almost un-driveable, what's with that snap over-steer/over rotation in 2nd gear?).

Going to need a lot help and an amazing setup to get into this one, golded for now but far from quick.

Try this tune out from a fellow country man of yours, @shaunm80 It got me a 2:01.202 and is quite stable. I only used ABS 1 and slapped on engine tuning stage 3.
I also altered the final gear to 3270 from it's original 2700.

Very solid tune.

Audi R8 LMS ultra '12

596PP
554 BHP
1250kgs
Weight Distibution 47:53

Racing Soft Tyres

Change Oil

FC Suspension

F/R
60/65
20.50/19.50
8/8
6/6
5/3
1.5/1.0
-0.10/0.10

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 3.483
2nd 2.722
3rd 2.124
4th 1.741
5th 1.473
6th 1.254
Set final gear to 2.700

FC LSD
8/14/25

Set power limiter to 100.0%
all parts standard

Downforce
400/650
Ballast - Set 0kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1.

audir8lmsultra12img1-jpg.176140

audir8lmsultra12img2-jpg.176141

Last edited:
:lol:finally. ... Z4 (praiano:bowdown::bowdown: tune) added ..improve body rigidity ... power to bring it up to 619bhp transmission final gear at 2.375.... (altough still playing around to find the perfect final gear)..... under 2 minutes...
no surprise that as an Aussie .... i love this track...
20150206_200810.jpg

Bare in mind I got gt6 at christmas, My last gt game was gt3.

It was the first time i had even seen this course when I did that zonda bathurst seasonal, a baptism of fire. So to get gold a week after getting the game when some longer term gt6 drivers couldn't get gold made me pretty happy, even if it took a lot of attempts. More than any sane person.:banghead:

This is my first time driving it in full since then. The zonda challenge was way way way harder. So this race feels like a piece of piss in comparrison. So I feel pretty relaxed doing the downhill section 👍

Of course there are a ton of corners left to max out.
Good luck "cobber" hope you do well mate :)

1'55.767 currently 23rd

BMW Z4 GT3 '11

Suspension
60/70
19.00/18.00
4/4
4/4
7/7
0.0/0.0
-0.05/0.05

Brakes 6/5

Transmission
1st 4.690
2nd 3.686
3rd 2.942
4th 2.426
5th 2.016
6th 1.675
Final 2.244

Diff
8/16/24

Downforce
400/850

Ballast
34@-50

High turbo
Power limiter 78.0%
Body Rigidity
No oil changes

645hp, 1224kg

Sweet, good combo this. Loved the ft1 event.. All i need to do now is fix my throttle pedal, bloody clamp bolt sheared off for holding pedal in position. Gotta drill and retap it tonite before i get to run some laps. Broke the last night ofthe brands seasonal :(

Last edited:
Now sitting on a 2:00.248. So close to breaking the 2 minute barrier. Gonna take a break for a while and then go at it again.

G'day mate, crikey been having a ridgey didge crack at this seens its in me back yard mate :lol:
Strueth was getting in to the pig dogs tune when the missus shazza calls out " Mick, Mick the flamin roos jumped the fence again and a flamin dingo is chasin afta it down the paddock"
so I calls out "Fair crack a the whip Shazza, I'm playing Gran Turismo with me cobbers , send the bloody emu out afta it"
So I finishes me go with pig dogs tune and fair dinkum I sets a time of 1:57.523
I have a gander at the leader board and strike me lucky i'm in #122 spot.

so cobbers I'm off to the bottlo to get me some tinnies and then gunna chuck some snags on the barbie , whack me speedos on and hit the sack for some kip and see ya all tamorra ya bunch a flamin mongrels.

see ya cobbers, bloody oath :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Hi guys, I've been playing with SLS since yesterday and now I did 2:00.207. I think there's room for some improvement but in my case not much, I guess. So, if someone is willing to play with SLS, here is my tune. Hope somebody will set better times :)

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 '11

630 PP
655 HP
730 Nm/538 ftlb
1350kg, 50:50

Oil Change
Engine Stage 3

Power Limiter: 96.7%

Suspension
60/70
18.50/21.50
4/4
5/5
4/3
0.0/0.0
-0.25/0.15
BB: 6/5

Transmission
Set Final Gear to 4.750
Set Speed to 200 kph/124 mph
1st: 3.075
2nd: 2.330
3rd: 1.861
4th: 1.533
5th: 1.303
6th: 1.144
Final: 2.850

LSD
8/15/5

Downforce
400/645

Last edited:
Think I ran a 2:06 after restarting multiple times for hitting walls. Not to bad once you figure out the braking point. Used the SLS GT3, stock tuning w/ upgrades fitting below the PP limit.

1'55.767 currently 23rd

BMW Z4 GT3 '11

Suspension
60/70
19.00/18.00
4/4
4/4
7/7
0.0/0.0
-0.05/0.05

Brakes 6/5

Transmission
1st 4.690
2nd 3.686
3rd 2.942
4th 2.426
5th 2.016
6th 1.675
Final 2.244

Diff
8/16/24

Downforce
400/850

Ballast
34@-50

High turbo
Power limiter 78.0%
Body Rigidity
No oil changes

645hp, 1224kg

Well done JimiPitBull! Well done indeed! First I tried the default tune, made Silver, tried some tweeks of my own and made the Gold but only with a few tenths to spare. Next was the standard for most of we non skilled tuners and put the 👍👍 Master Praiano's 👍👍 tune on the car and made 2:02 and change. I was thrilled with that but hoped with better driving and throttle control I could drive a bit quicker lap. Then I stumbled on your terrific / awesome tuning notes!! WOW, now I'm at 1:59.XXX (lower hundredths - can't remember exactly but I'm at 590 or so on the world standings). I know I'll never see the 1:55.76 you ran :bowdown: but das OK with me, at 67 (I'm a proud GEEZER:cheers:) I've just about ran this one as good as I will but wanted to send a note Thanking You for sharing your numbers with us!! We appreciate the help and wish you the best as you charge on into the 10's World Wide Rankings.:cheers: :gtpflag:

Just a curiosity.....
Does anyone try these seasonals with a no-tune car?
I mean, I know you'd need one if you're going for a top time. But I see people relying on tunes right off the bat and for nothing more than a gold.
I don't mean to be an a$$. But seriously, if you want to be a better driver, do your best to get gold with the mildly stock car. I wouldn't call myself special in any sense. Certainly a far cry from the aliens. But I've yet to not achieve gold with a non tuned car.
All of them, so far, can be done with basic solid driving practices. Slow in, apex, hard out. Etc, etc.

Anyway, like I said, not trying to be an a$$. I just think people will find it more satisfying to accomplish something they did by maximizing their own skills.
I did this weeks Matterhorn in my M3 '04, because thats what I had cued when these seasonals arrived. Total stock. Gold after some short acclimation. Then I looked at the leader board and saw everyone using the 111R, and was like, "Duh, that would have been a whole lot easier!" But I felt really good about having done it in a bone stock "heavy" car.
Just something to think about. Good luck everyone!
Cheers!

@Champ2014. I start out with a car that has stock PP value. Once I've reached gold, I then add a tune to get those TT lap times down. It can shave 5 or more seconds off that gold time for me. Plus the car usually is much easier to drive making the entire experience better. Racers in the real world do it. Why shouldn't we?

Racing together with Landorghini78 on his account, racing on a tune of Praiano with a few differences in traction control and downforce. Landorghini set a time of 1.56,45 place 65 until now. Thnx Praiano!!

Just a curiosity.....
I mean, I know you'd need one if you're going for a top time. But I see people relying on tunes right off the bat and for nothing more than a gold.
I don't mean to be an a$$. But seriously, if you want to be a better driver, do your best to get gold with the mildly stock car. I wouldn't call myself special in any sense. Certainly a far cry from the aliens. But I've yet to not achieve gold with a non tuned car.
All of them, so far, can be done with basic solid driving practices. Slow in, apex, hard out. Etc, etc.

Anyway, like I said, not trying to be an a$$. I just think people will find it more satisfying to accomplish something they did by maximizing their own skills.
I did this weeks Matterhorn in my M3 '04, because thats what I had cued when these seasonals arrived. Total stock. Gold after some short acclimation. Then I looked at the leader board and saw everyone using the 111R, and was like, "Duh, that would have been a whole lot easier!" But I felt really good about having done it in a bone stock "heavy" car.
Cheers!

Well, I know what you mean. I did gold (2:06.xxx) with stock Z4 but on the other hand every stock race car (I think plenty, at least) comes with the same LSD setup. The same as you would buy a FC LSD to any other street car. So, it would be fun to try doing events with stock cars only if I'm sure it really is stock and it is setup like in real world. That's my opinion, though.

Woohoo, finally cracked 2 minutes w/ 1:59.87 thanks to jimipitbull's awesome tune! Tip of the hat sir, it's a sweet ride.

Just a curiosity.....

Cheers!

Some seasonals are in stock cars.

A stock car wont make you a better driver. If tuning the car makes it drive or feel better, then you will probably run more laps. Practice makes you a better driver.

Back