630PP GT3 Racing Car Super Lap: Mount Panorama MRC [OLD]

Discussion in 'GT6 Seasonal & Quick Match Events' started by nowcontrol, Feb 5, 2015.

1. RacingLine

RacingLine

Oh dear you do realize the things I mention are problems i can cope with pretty well otherwise i wouldn't of had a time 13 seconds clear of the gold time:rolleyes:

MikePatton, Turok134, Evo19uk and 2 others like this.
  2. Alex Ojideagu

Alex Ojideagu

Bare in mind I got gt6 at christmas, My last gt game was gt3.

It was the first time i had even seen this course when I did that zonda bathurst seasonal, a baptism of fire. So to get gold a week after getting the game when some longer term gt6 drivers couldn't get gold made me pretty happy, even if it took a lot of attempts. More than any sane person.:banghead:

This is my first time driving it in full since then. The zonda challenge was way way way harder. So this race feels like a piece of piss in comparrison. So I feel pretty relaxed doing the downhill section :tup:

Of course there are a ton of corners left to max out.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
    hall90 and joeledward like this.
  3. Alex Ojideagu

Alex Ojideagu

Fair enough, depends what car you are using and set up.

I haven't experienced those issues with the Z4 but I use a ds3. I will try some other cars.

joeledward likes this.
  4. LordJCS

LordJCS

Try this tune out from a fellow country man of yours, @shaunm80 It got me a 2:01.202 and is quite stable. I only used ABS 1 and slapped on engine tuning stage 3.
    I also altered the final gear to 3270 from it's original 2700.

Very solid tune.

Audi R8 LMS ultra '12

596PP
    554 BHP
    1250kgs
    Weight Distibution 47:53

Racing Soft Tyres

Change Oil

FC Suspension

F/R
    60/65
    20.50/19.50
    8/8
    6/6
    5/3
    1.5/1.0
    -0.10/0.10

Racing Brake Kit
    8/7

FC Transmission
    Set final gear to 5.000
    Set max speed to 124mph
    1st 3.483
    2nd 2.722
    3rd 2.124
    4th 1.741
    5th 1.473
    6th 1.254
    Set final gear to 2.700

FC LSD
    8/14/25

Set power limiter to 100.0%
    all parts standard

Downforce
    400/650
    Ballast - Set 0kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MikePatton, joeledward and shaunm80 like this.
  5. shaunm80

shaunm80

I achieved gold by cruising this around, I find this track temperamental so I go easy round it. Easy gold in the Z4 GT3 car with this tune. Also, Try the Audi that LordJCS pointed out, that car is very stable..

Link for the Z4 is here :)

Use PP Limiter to meet regulations.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. 0r3n

0r3n

:lol:finally. ... Z4 (praiano:bowdown::bowdown: tune) added ..improve body rigidity ... power to bring it up to 619bhp transmission final gear at 2.375.... (altough still playing around to find the perfect final gear)..... under 2 minutes...
    no surprise that as an Aussie .... i love this track...
    20150206_200810.jpg

MikePatton, kembro, krasch27 and 2 others like this.
  7. joeledward

joeledward

Good luck "cobber" hope you do well mate :)

:cheers:

Alex Ojideagu likes this.
  8. RacingLine

RacingLine

It depends on me using the snap oversteer to my advantage to go faster, It's just tricky to get it perfect.

Evo19uk and Ronin_GTDave like this.
  9. Ronin_GTDave

Ronin_GTDave

@LordJCS and @shaunm80 Thank you very much gents, I'll give those setups a go shortly, may just be a lack of experience on this circuit that's causing the biggest problems though. Your help is very much appreciated though. :tup:

LordJCS and shaunm80 like this.
  10. LordJCS

LordJCS

Just glad if i can help out.

11. jimipitbull

jimipitbull

1'55.767 currently 23rd

BMW Z4 GT3 '11

Suspension
    60/70
    19.00/18.00
    4/4
    4/4
    7/7
    0.0/0.0
    -0.05/0.05

Brakes 6/5

Transmission
    1st 4.690
    2nd 3.686
    3rd 2.942
    4th 2.426
    5th 2.016
    6th 1.675
    Final 2.244

Diff
    8/16/24

Downforce
    400/850

Ballast
    34@-50

High turbo
    Power limiter 78.0%
    Body Rigidity
    No oil changes

645hp, 1224kg

K1LLD0z3R, iso982, EmaNymton and 11 others like this.
  12. Evo19uk

Evo19uk

Sweet, good combo this. Loved the ft1 event.. All i need to do now is fix my throttle pedal, bloody clamp bolt sheared off for holding pedal in position. Gotta drill and retap it tonite before i get to run some laps. Broke the last night ofthe brands seasonal :(

13. LordJCS

LordJCS

Now sitting on a 2:00.248. So close to breaking the 2 minute barrier. Gonna take a break for a while and then go at it again.

hall90 likes this.
  14. joeledward

joeledward

G'day mate, crikey been having a ridgey didge crack at this seens its in me back yard mate :lol:
    Strueth was getting in to the pig dogs tune when the missus shazza calls out " Mick, Mick the flamin roos jumped the fence again and a flamin dingo is chasin afta it down the paddock"
    so I calls out "Fair crack a the whip Shazza, I'm playing Gran Turismo with me cobbers , send the bloody emu out afta it"
    So I finishes me go with pig dogs tune and fair dinkum I sets a time of 1:57.523
    I have a gander at the leader board and strike me lucky i'm in #122 spot.

so cobbers I'm off to the bottlo to get me some tinnies and then gunna chuck some snags on the barbie , whack me speedos on and hit the sack for some kip and see ya all tamorra ya bunch a flamin mongrels.

see ya cobbers, bloody oath :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:cheers:

15. olecus

olecus

Hi guys, I've been playing with SLS since yesterday and now I did 2:00.207. I think there's room for some improvement but in my case not much, I guess. So, if someone is willing to play with SLS, here is my tune. Hope somebody will set better times :)

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 '11

630 PP
    655 HP
    730 Nm/538 ftlb
    1350kg, 50:50

Oil Change
    Engine Stage 3

Power Limiter: 96.7%

Suspension
    60/70
    18.50/21.50
    4/4
    5/5
    4/3
    0.0/0.0
    -0.25/0.15
    BB: 6/5

Transmission
    Set Final Gear to 4.750
    Set Speed to 200 kph/124 mph
    1st: 3.075
    2nd: 2.330
    3rd: 1.861
    4th: 1.533
    5th: 1.303
    6th: 1.144
    Final: 2.850

LSD
    8/15/5

Downforce
    400/645

ThrasherDBS and Jfrod like this.
  16. Leadfoot530

Leadfoot530

Think I ran a 2:06 after restarting multiple times for hitting walls. Not to bad once you figure out the braking point. Used the SLS GT3, stock tuning w/ upgrades fitting below the PP limit.

GT5 Level 41 likes this.
  17. praiano63

praiano63 Premium

K1LLD0z3R, dolande, Bandy13 and 4 others like this.
  18. TKokab

TKokab

BMW Z4 GT3 '11

Thanks for the set up Jimipitbull. Succedd in winng gold.

19. Daduce1947

Daduce1947

Well done JimiPitBull! Well done indeed! First I tried the default tune, made Silver, tried some tweeks of my own and made the Gold but only with a few tenths to spare. Next was the standard for most of we non skilled tuners and put the :tup::tup: Master Praiano's :tup::tup: tune on the car and made 2:02 and change. I was thrilled with that but hoped with better driving and throttle control I could drive a bit quicker lap. Then I stumbled on your terrific / awesome tuning notes!! WOW, now I'm at 1:59.XXX (lower hundredths - can't remember exactly but I'm at 590 or so on the world standings). I know I'll never see the 1:55.76 you ran :bowdown: but das OK with me, at 67 (I'm a proud GEEZER:cheers:) I've just about ran this one as good as I will but wanted to send a note Thanking You for sharing your numbers with us!! We appreciate the help and wish you the best as you charge on into the 10's World Wide Rankings.:cheers: :gtpflag:

UpTopLog, Dalone, MikePatton and 4 others like this.
  20. Champ2014

Champ2014

Just a curiosity.....
    Does anyone try these seasonals with a no-tune car?
    I mean, I know you'd need one if you're going for a top time. But I see people relying on tunes right off the bat and for nothing more than a gold.
    I don't mean to be an a$$. But seriously, if you want to be a better driver, do your best to get gold with the mildly stock car. I wouldn't call myself special in any sense. Certainly a far cry from the aliens. But I've yet to not achieve gold with a non tuned car.
    All of them, so far, can be done with basic solid driving practices. Slow in, apex, hard out. Etc, etc.

Anyway, like I said, not trying to be an a$$. I just think people will find it more satisfying to accomplish something they did by maximizing their own skills.
    I did this weeks Matterhorn in my M3 '04, because thats what I had cued when these seasonals arrived. Total stock. Gold after some short acclimation. Then I looked at the leader board and saw everyone using the 111R, and was like, "Duh, that would have been a whole lot easier!" But I felt really good about having done it in a bone stock "heavy" car.
    Just something to think about. Good luck everyone!
    Cheers!

coryclifford likes this.
  21. nowcontrol

nowcontrol

There is another fully dedicated thread just for such things in these Time Trials, always very nicely created by @Hastatus :tup:

22. coryclifford

coryclifford

Yep and it's fun!

And I dare everyone here to try it in the 586pp Audi R8 LMS - Team Oreca '10 totally stock. :mischievous:

23. YZFrules

YZFrules

@Champ2014. I start out with a car that has stock PP value. Once I've reached gold, I then add a tune to get those TT lap times down. It can shave 5 or more seconds off that gold time for me. Plus the car usually is much easier to drive making the entire experience better. Racers in the real world do it. Why shouldn't we?

24. Michel78

Michel78

Racing together with Landorghini78 on his account, racing on a tune of Praiano with a few differences in traction control and downforce. Landorghini set a time of 1.56,45 place 65 until now. Thnx Praiano!!

25. Jfrod

Jfrod

26. olecus

olecus

Well, I know what you mean. I did gold (2:06.xxx) with stock Z4 but on the other hand every stock race car (I think plenty, at least) comes with the same LSD setup. The same as you would buy a FC LSD to any other street car. So, it would be fun to try doing events with stock cars only if I'm sure it really is stock and it is setup like in real world. That's my opinion, though.

27. GTFireball

GTFireball

Woohoo, finally cracked 2 minutes w/ 1:59.87 thanks to jimipitbull's awesome tune! Tip of the hat sir, it's a sweet ride.

28. jimipitbull

jimipitbull

Some seasonals are in stock cars.

A stock car wont make you a better driver. If tuning the car makes it drive or feel better, then you will probably run more laps. Practice makes you a better driver.

Jbaffoh and Dalone like this.
  29. Donkerslag

Donkerslag

R8 LMS ultra after many attempts 2:07,6** ..indeed great fun..

coryclifford likes this.
  30. coryclifford

coryclifford

Nice. :tup:

Post up in the stock car thread.

I'm at 1:07.101