630PP GT3 Racing Car Super Lap: Mount Panorama MRC [OLD]

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 316 comments
Hi all...I would`ve asked this question last week, but got lazy or something..It`s about the two cars people (and I) use for this TT.. The BMW Z4 GT3 and the Audi R8 LMS series...

My "history" of these cars are about alike...

I bought the Z4 GT3 `11 about a year ago, it was a new GT6 race car, so bought it for the early carreer series. But it was horrible. Completely undriveable. Therefore I gave it up, and threw it in the stock yard, and some time after I simply sold it, as I had no use of it...

Exactly the same goes for a couple of Audi R8 LMS I bought at that time, horrible, undriveable..

And now...this Bathurst TT pops up...I look at the ranking board to choose a car...And BMW Z4 and Audi R8 LMS all over the place...

So I bought a new Z4 GT3 last week, and gave it a second chance. A quick, random tune up, and on to Bathurst...Wow...The car is almost a darling. Made an easy gold, just a normal, non-alien time, 2.03.xxx with no aids other than ABS1. - The car handles great.

So on to the Audi, which I still had in my stock yard, the blue/yellow ultra thing... It was a very good car suddeenly, another normal gold, no problems...

So my question is, have those cars been "repaired/fixed/patched" in one of the many updates??? Anyone have the same experience with those cars as I??? Please tell...

I`m sure I read something about them and their difficult handling some time ago....

Hello everyone!

My time is 1.59.7xx and thank you all very much for your advice in this topic.

However, I have a problem with the transmission. My minimum speed limit is mainly 280 and it's hard for me to adjust the good gears ratio for that limit. Meanwhile, you are setting it to 200. How is it possible to drive the lap as well, since there are some long straights, where 200 is just not enough. Maybe there is something I do not know about that?

Thank you in advance for your reply!

have you bought the custom gearbox,this will allow you to change the settings as needed,it's called the tranny trick

have you bought the custom gearbox,this will allow you to change the settings as needed,it's called the tranny trick

Yes, but it was difficult to setup for me. I found out a little bit about proper ratios and now it's clear for me how to drive well with only 200 speed limit.

Yes, but it was difficult to setup for me. I found out a little bit about proper ratios and now it's clear for me how to drive well with only 200 speed limit.

yeah you think this don't look right,but it works some how and the final gear is the key,you will get the hang of it,its easy after awhile.good luck đź‘Ť

My minimum speed limit is mainly 280 and it's hard for me to adjust the good gears ratio for that limit. Meanwhile, you are setting it to 200. How is it possible to drive the lap as well, since there are some long straights, where 200 is just not enough. Maybe there is something I do not know about that?

Congrats on your time đź‘Ť

You need to adjust the 'final' in the gearing...

Simple system for setting your gears using a fully custom transmission...

Set max speed to minimum
Adjust 6th gear all the way to the right on the slider
Adjust 1st all the way to the left
Adjust 2nd all the way to the left
Adjust the final all the way to the left
Spread 3rd, 4th and 5th gears out evenly

Drive the car... your gears will likely be too long (ie: you won't max out in 6th)... so move the final slider to the right until your almost at max revs in 6th on the longest straight.

Congrats on your time đź‘Ť

You need to adjust the 'final' in the gearing...

Simple system for setting your gears using a fully custom transmission...

Set max speed to minimum
Adjust 6th gear all the way to the right on the slider
Adjust 1st all the way to the left
Adjust 2nd all the way to the left
Adjust the final all the way to the left
Spread 3rd, 4th and 5th gears out evenly

Drive the car... your gears will likely be too long (ie: you won't max out in 6th)... so move the final slider to the right until your almost at max revs in 6th on the longest straight.

Thank you very much! It's great to have such a support here! :cheers:

Finally gotten in the '55 range with 1'55'681 today (11th February) #101 in the world ranking and #1st in Singapore. Should be able to get a quicker time if i don't mess up while going up the hill.

Finally stuck the fastest R8 time in at 1.54.745. Theres another 3 tenths there for the taking... Ill persevere before i whip out the faster beemer :lol:đź‘Ť
Hey. New to posting. I am #1 in Canada with a 1:55.190. Just looking for some other tips and tricks to get that little bit extra. I am using the z4.

Hey. New to posting. I am #1 in Canada with a 1:55.190. Just looking for some other tips and tricks to get that little bit extra. I am using the z4.
ill post my tunes when i get home around 7

The main thing on this event is to just keep the traction going, manage your throttle well on the exits, good lines at the top of the mountain, try and carry 130 through the fast left handers, and be seriously brave on the downhill section... The audi is virtually on the edge for the whole lap whilst the bmw is pretty mild and easy to control

Tried running with @Stotty set up last night and instantly improved with minor tweaks... Thanks for sharing mate đź‘Ť

Tiny changes I made...

RH 72 / 62
Ballast position -20% (no ballast added just the position)
Rear downforce 875

Everything else is as Chris posted :cheers:

Hopefully I can dip into the 53's tonight with some luck :)

R8 LMS Ultra 12 (not the blue&yellow edition... Lose too much bhp even if the extra DF helps)

630pp : 686bhp : body rigidity on : no oil change
81/80
17.60/19.39
2/2
1/1
7/7
0/0
-0.05/0.00
4/8 BB

6/5/8 LSD

400/650 DF

Added 5kg weight @ -50 / 48:52 balance

High turbo 89.6

Final gear 3600 / max speed 124mph

1. 4.845
2. 3.610
3. 2.892
4. 2.403
5. 2.022
6. 1.742

Final 2.200

Enjoy đź‘Ť

P.s by using this setup you automatically agree to not beat my time. :D

R8 LMS Ultra 12 (not the blue&yellow edition... Lose too much bhp even if the extra DF helps)

630pp : 686bhp : body rigidity on : no oil change
81/80
17.60/19.39
2/2
1/1
7/7
0/0
-0.05/0.00
4/8 BB

6/5/8 LSD

400/650 DF

Added 5kg weight @ -50 / 48:52 balance

High turbo 89.6

Final gear 3600 / max speed 124mph

1. 4.845
2. 3.610
3. 2.892
4. 2.403
5. 2.022
6. 1.742

Final 2.200

Enjoy đź‘Ť

P.s by using this setup you automatically agree to not beat my time. :D
Thanks for reply. Think I am losing time up the hill. I pretty much laced the down hill. Brave is an understatement. Lol. I can get ahead of my ghost but once I hit the left right be for last corner I blow it. Super frustrating.

Thanks for reply. Think I am losing time up the hill. I pretty much laced the down hill. Brave is an understatement. Lol. I can get ahead of my ghost but once I hit the left right be for last corner I blow it. Super frustrating.
The final left is the crucial corner for keeping with the beemer for me if ur looking for low 54s... It just doesnt maintain the traction like the z4... I was close to growling on numerous laps and always flying down conrod straight just ahead of @Stotty but during exit or just after that left/right he would still pull back and then inevitably he would gain another tenth and get a better exit on the final... That audi is real difficult.. Im at a 54.7 in both cars with or without AS.. Had a red 54.6 without in the audi.. Im confident of getting a 54.0/1 in the z4 when i go back to it, hoping for a 53.9. That would be job done đź‘Ť

Hey even on a simulator or game which this is, if your not a little nervous or slightly scared on that downhill section you aint going fast enough :lol:

Can anyone confirm that better lap times are likely with warm tires? That is, after doing multiple laps rather than a single one starting with cold tires.
Theoretically they should be, but I can't say one way or the other.

The final left is the crucial corner for keeping with the beemer for me if ur looking for low 54s... It just doesnt maintain the traction like the z4... I was close to growling on numerous laps and always flying down conrod straight just ahead of @Stotty but during exit or just after that left/right he would still pull back and then inevitably he would gain another tenth and get a better exit on the final... That audi is real difficult.. Im at a 54.7 in both cars with or without AS.. Had a red 54.6 without in the audi.. Im confident of getting a 54.0/1 in the z4 when i go back to it, hoping for a 53.9. That would be job done đź‘Ť

Hey even on a simulator or game which this is, if your not a little nervous or slightly scared on that downhill section you aint going fast enough :lol:

Too true down that hill. You definitely have to let them hang on that section. What tune are you using for the z4? Would like to get #1 in north America back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too true down that hill. You definitely have to let them hang on that section. What tune are you using for the z4? Would like to get #1 in north America back.

Z4 GT3 11
630pp : 632bhp : body rigidity on : no oil change
95/95
20.40/13.74
1/1
1/1
7/7
0/0
-0.05/0.00
3/6 BB

8/5/8 LSD

400/700 DF

No weight ballast

High turbo 76.3

Final gear 3.600 / max speed 124

1. 4.838
2. 3.592
3. 2.887
4. 2.399
5. 2.035
6. 1.742

Final gear 2.195

Last edited:
Z4 GT3 11
95/95
20.40/13.74
1/1
1/1
0/0
-0.05/0.00
3/6 BB

8/5/8 LSD

400/700 DF

No weight ballast

High turbo 76.3

Final gear 3.600 / max speed 124

1. 4.838
2. 3.592
3. 2.887
4. 2.399
5. 2.035
6. 1.742

Final gear 2.195
Thanks. I'll give it a try once I get kid to bed. Lol priorities

Can anyone confirm that better lap times are likely with warm tires? That is, after doing multiple laps rather than a single one starting with cold tires.
Theoretically they should be, but I can't say one way or the other.

I remember once i did like 20 laps in a row in a TT, and there were no tirewear whatsoever. That lead me to believe that the tires will remain the same in TT's: No wear -no heatissues. And i've never noticed any difference when driving either.

Did not find this enjoyable at all - I'm going to join the moaners about flashing, jumping shadows and poor frame rate. Really felt like I was playing in strobe light on the mountain section, and it really puts me off this track :grumpy:.

Got a gold time with the Z4 though; changed from the default toe and camber set ups as it felt a bit dead, and raised/softened springs a little as I was bouncing around a lot on the climb.

Z4 GT3 11
95/95
20.40/13.74
1/1
1/1
0/0
-0.05/0.00
3/6 BB

8/5/8 LSD

400/700 DF

No weight ballast