630PP GT3 Racing Car Super Lap: Mount Panorama MRC [OLD]

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 316 comments
I'd probably make another second if my car didn't turn into a 3 wheeled shopping trolley for the downhill twisty section... I lose so much time in there it's embarrassing :embarrassed: anyone on my friends list can see how dreadful I take that part :D

Never really figured Bathurst out on the previous TT's.. the top of the 'Mountain' has always been a bit of a mystery!

Had a couple of hours on this one yesterday afternoon, mainly working on a tune. Got down to a 55.4, but had to leave it there to watch the footy. Came back to it this morning and down to 1'54.752 within 20 mins... I can see room for further improvement, but almost 2 seconds... :crazy::crazy::crazy: WTF???

Here's the tune I'm using - uses @jimipitbull as a base (springs, dampers, ABR, toe) 👍

BMW Z4 GT3 '11
Ride 70 65
Spring 19.0 18.0
Bound 4 4
Rebound 4 4
ARB 7 7
Toe -0.05 +0.05
Brakes 4 7
LSD 5 11 5

High RPM turbo
No oil change
Chassis strengthening
Power limiter @ 76.3%
Max downforce
No ballast

Not sure how I got the gears as they were already on the car from previous use, but the ratios are as follows if anyone can work out how to get them...

Final 2.130

I found it better for me on the exits with the longer 2nd on my set... bit less wheelspin.
Never really figured Bathurst out on the previous TT's.. the top of the 'Mountain' has always been a bit of a mystery!

Had a couple of hours on this one yesterday afternoon, mainly working on a tune. Got down to a 55.4, but had to leave it there to watch the footy. Came back to it this morning and down to 1'54.752 within 20 mins... I can see room for further improvement, but almost 2 seconds... :crazy::crazy::crazy: WTF???

Here's the tune I'm using - uses @jimipitbull as a base (springs, dampers, ABR, toe) 👍

BMW Z4 GT3 '11
Ride 70 65
Spring 19.0 18.0
Bound 4 4
Rebound 4 4
ARB 7 7
Toe -0.05 +0.05
Brakes 4 7
LSD 5 11 5

High RPM turbo
No oil change
Chassis strengthening
Power limiter @ 76.3%
Max downforce
No ballast

Not sure how I got the gears as they were already on the car from previous use, but the ratios are as follows if anyone can work out how to get them...

Final 2.130

I found it better for me on the exits with the longer 2nd on my set... bit less wheelspin.

thaks for change i use tune praiano an you change 1.55.626 for 62 place

Last edited:
@Stotty I had a run with your setup earlier, I have no teeth left now :grumpy: lol. It appears you an I have very different driving styles 👍

After softening the springs quite considerably, I did manage to improve to a 2:00.1xx though, can't say I'm enjoying this combo though, not in the Z4 anyway. :indiff:

Some real impressive laps being set though, well done guys. 👍

It would seem the naughty switch does make a difference. I was only supposed to feel the difference, but I got carried away and set a 54.5, which was a far from perfect lap.

I feel bad about myself now:dunce:

I did improve to a 54.699 before turning on AS though.

Great tune, @Stotty, as always. Thanks for sharing. I love this track, it really is all the fun of the fair. I can't imagine how terrifying it must be in real life. I got 57.4 with AS on after about half an hour, half a second slower without. If I can get a good session in I might get into the 56s which would make this old fellow very happy.

Anyone beat a 1.55.5 in the R8 ultra? :sly:

Make that a 1.55.186... Times are tumbling... This is way better than the z4... And the sound... Oh my :D:tup:

At this rate i may just get to say im the fastest in the world out of a z4 ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    829.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

BMW Z4 GT3 '11
Ride 70 65
Spring 19.0 18.0
Bound 4 4
Rebound 4 4
ARB 7 7
Toe -0.05 +0.05
Brakes 4 7
LSD 5 11 5

High RPM turbo
No oil change
Chassis strengthening
Power limiter @ 76.3%
Max downforce
No ballast

Final 2.130

Regarding the gear set up. I managed to emulate it with final to 3,620 and max to 200km/h, and found that 5th and 6th gear were exactly the same as yours when pushed all the way to the right. Which may suggest the final and max are correct. But I wouldn't bet my house on it.

Well you know where the naughty switch is ;)

Hmmm... I don't know where the "naughty switch" is!
This would be a good Occasion to PM-me!? :D:bowdown:
I hold a 1:57,724 currently without a "naughty Switch", but could make good use of it since I have to Keep one of my friends away from me in (too) big steps! :grumpy:

Used Praiano's Z4 tune sitting at 1.57.776 rank 303. Happy with top 500 for now lol. Definitely rarifyed air at 1.52's that's for sure. I can see 1.56's possible from were I am as I gain time in some places and then loose it in other's, turn 2 is were I loose time I can feel it and then forest elbow onto conrod straight, just cant get the front end turned in as it understeers.
Definatley balls out across the top of mountain pushing the Z4 hard but not hard enough by the looks of it lol, no naughty switch for me just wont cross that line.
Being Aussie just love this track, enjoyable when you crack a perfect lap and hell when you cock it up.

First up, sorry about the tardy reply.

Because, I'm new to GT6 having only had it since December and need to learn the circuit for the Championships I race in..

And ranting how you hate the track helps how????

I'm a competitive guy, I don't like being so far off the pace compared to guys I know I can beat, so, I vent and ask for help to improve myself as a driver.
From my experience, that's what communities like this are about..

Asking for help and "venting" are two totally different things. And, my good advice, was to practice ;-)

In the last seasonal at Brands Hatch in the GT300s, I put in about 2,500 miles and ended up 14th world wide, "practice" won't be an issue when I'm not putting my kids first.

Doesn't really make sense to me :-( But since you are interested in your children's welfare how is playing a video game helping them how exactly?

On the other hand, since you are so competitive, why spend time here typing away when you could be practicing? ;-)

I got myself a DFGT finally after years since i craved for that thing, had a couple of laps yesterday and i managed a 2:00.400, i'd like to get under the 2 minutes barrier and get closer as possible to nowcontrol :banghead: ! I'll try Stotty set up cause for now i just used Praiano's one. I love this track even if it's tricky, even if i'm not the fastest one, just cause driving here makes me smile everytime :embarrassed:

Regarding the gear set up. I managed to emulate it with final to 3,620 and max to 200km/h, and found that 5th and 6th gear were exactly the same as yours when pushed all the way to the right. Which may suggest the final and max are correct. But I wouldn't bet my house on it.

I think I may have set the gears at a much lower PPT level and simply lengthened the final to suit this track... might explain the final difference.

I got myself a DFGT finally after years since i craved for that thing, had a couple of laps yesterday and i managed a 2:00.400, i'd like to get under the 2 minutes barrier and get closer as possible to nowcontrol :banghead: ! I'll try Stotty set up cause for now i just used Praiano's one. I love this track even if it's tricky, even if i'm not the fastest one, just cause driving here makes me smile everytime :embarrassed:

It's a nice track lots of action that's for sure :D sometimes it's bit hard to grind when track/car combination gets too boring and repeatative after couple of hours, but on this track my biggest problem is that I manage to breathe only twice for TWO MINUTES :lol: Heheheh :lol: I feel like diver starting that downhill section *takes a deep breathe :scared:* hehehe... Maybe I just need to learn to relax a bit more while driving :lol: Hehehe, that nurb24h TT was epic, woke up couple of times from behind my wheel for passing out from lack of oxygen :lol: I should start either free diving practise or yoga breathing :lol:

First up, sorry about the tardy reply.

No problem, I understand that some people have a life :)

And ranting how you hate the track helps how????

It doesn't help in a driving or progressing manner, but it sure as hell makes me feel better lol.

Asking for help and "venting" are two totally different things. And, my good advice, was to practice ;-)

It was and still is good advice, not just to me but to anyone else struggling.

Doesn't really make sense to me :-( But since you are interested in your children's welfare how is playing a video game helping them how exactly?

It's not, however, I play video games when my kids are at school and nursery (different start and finishing times), it's (supposed to be) my way of relaxing and taking part in something that provides a sense of competition with like minded people, some of whom have become good friends over the years.

On the other hand, since you are so competitive, why spend time here typing away when you could be practicing? ;-)

I'm not generally that competitive on track, I got lucky with the last seasonal in that it suited me and I was motivated to do well with it being a wet track and having a god complex (joking about the god complex.... possibly...), circuits like Bathurst and Nurburgring Nordshleif (excuse spelling), I don't generally get along with.

I'm guessing your probably a little more familiar with the circuit, any advice for all of us Godzilla noobs?

Pulled it down to 1:54.186 but I think I'm pretty much at my limit. If I could tune I might be able to improve by tweaking. Missed out on 10th place by 3 hundredths. 👎

I'm just using the @praiano63 tune unchanged. :cheers:

You can SERIOUSLY jam it over the top of the hill if your lines good! Just got to be careful in the esses and the (stupid) dipper

Last edited:
Pulled it down to 1:55:912. Quite happy with that even though i always manage to lower my time by 0.1-2 sec but i end up losing the time i gained by failing my trajectories because of overspeeding

Back