630PP GT3 Racing Car Super Lap: Mount Panorama MRC [OLD]

Discussion in 'GT6 Seasonal & Quick Match Events' started by nowcontrol, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Growling

Growling

Well you know where the naughty switch is ;)

2. RacingLine

RacingLine

Im sticking to my principles ;)

Evo19uk likes this.
  3. Mr P

Mr P

I'd probably make another second if my car didn't turn into a 3 wheeled shopping trolley for the downhill twisty section... I lose so much time in there it's embarrassing :O anyone on my friends list can see how dreadful I take that part :D

Dalone and Stotty like this.
  4. iso982

iso982

5. GTFireball

GTFireball

@Stotty, thank you for posting your tune. :bowdown: Went from 59.8 to 58.7x (LSD 8/16/12 for me) so you have me in way over my head.:lol::dopey:

Jfrod and Stotty like this.
  6. r1roman

r1roman

thaks for change i use tune praiano an you change 1.55.626 for 62 place

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
    Stotty likes this.
  7. Ronin_GTDave

Ronin_GTDave

@Stotty I had a run with your setup earlier, I have no teeth left now :grumpy: lol. It appears you an I have very different driving styles :tup:

After softening the springs quite considerably, I did manage to improve to a 2:00.1xx though, can't say I'm enjoying this combo though, not in the Z4 anyway. :indiff:

Some real impressive laps being set though, well done guys. :tup:

Alex Ojideagu, Jfrod and Evo19uk like this.
  8. Growling

Growling

It would seem the naughty switch does make a difference. I was only supposed to feel the difference, but I got carried away and set a 54.5, which was a far from perfect lap.

I feel bad about myself now:dunce:

I did improve to a 54.699 before turning on AS though.

Evo19uk and Stotty like this.
  9. Frankenstein62

Frankenstein62

Does one not receive points for winning this event, have folded on several occasions, only to receive no points?

10. StirlingMoose

StirlingMoose

Great tune, @Stotty, as always. Thanks for sharing. I love this track, it really is all the fun of the fair. I can't imagine how terrifying it must be in real life. I got 57.4 with AS on after about half an hour, half a second slower without. If I can get a good session in I might get into the 56s which would make this old fellow very happy.

Jfrod and Stotty like this.
  11. KTZ

KTZ

clocked 1:59.7, i'll get back to it tomorrow to try to reach the top :)

12. Chris___75

Chris___75

How the hell did someone do a 1.52 on this TT? That is pretty quick!

Brunoblak and Dalone like this.
  13. Evo19uk

Evo19uk

Anyone beat a 1.55.5 in the R8 ultra? :sly:

Make that a 1.55.186... Times are tumbling... This is way better than the z4... And the sound... Oh my :D:tup:

At this rate i may just get to say im the fastest in the world out of a z4 ;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
    LordJCS and Growling like this.
  14. BMWcrazy

BMWcrazy

I'm happy with my 1.58.9 and you're all aliens.

Evo19uk likes this.
  15. Dalone

Dalone

Regarding the gear set up. I managed to emulate it with final to 3,620 and max to 200km/h, and found that 5th and 6th gear were exactly the same as yours when pushed all the way to the right. Which may suggest the final and max are correct. But I wouldn't bet my house on it.

16. MSZ

MSZ

I am at 2.02.6 right now, thats faster than the real life record already, how people get under 2 min is beyond me.

Alex Ojideagu likes this.
  17. EmaNymton

EmaNymton

Hmmm... I don't know where the "naughty switch" is!
    This would be a good Occasion to PM-me!? :D:bowdown:
    I hold a 1:57,724 currently without a "naughty Switch", but could make good use of it since I have to Keep one of my friends away from me in (too) big steps! :grumpy:

18. insayne05

insayne05

Used Praiano's Z4 tune sitting at 1.57.776 rank 303. Happy with top 500 for now lol. Definitely rarifyed air at 1.52's that's for sure. I can see 1.56's possible from were I am as I gain time in some places and then loose it in other's, turn 2 is were I loose time I can feel it and then forest elbow onto conrod straight, just cant get the front end turned in as it understeers.
    Definatley balls out across the top of mountain pushing the Z4 hard but not hard enough by the looks of it lol, no naughty switch for me just wont cross that line.
    Being Aussie just love this track, enjoyable when you crack a perfect lap and hell when you cock it up.

Chris___75 likes this.
  19. TT92

TT92 Premium

First up, sorry about the tardy reply.

And ranting how you hate the track helps how????

Asking for help and "venting" are two totally different things. And, my good advice, was to practice ;-)

Doesn't really make sense to me :-( But since you are interested in your children's welfare how is playing a video game helping them how exactly?

On the other hand, since you are so competitive, why spend time here typing away when you could be practicing? ;-)

Mr P likes this.
  20. Damon Hill

Damon Hill

I got myself a DFGT finally after years since i craved for that thing, had a couple of laps yesterday and i managed a 2:00.400, i'd like to get under the 2 minutes barrier and get closer as possible to nowcontrol :banghead: ! I'll try Stotty set up cause for now i just used Praiano's one. I love this track even if it's tricky, even if i'm not the fastest one, just cause driving here makes me smile everytime :O

nowcontrol, Stotty and SW__10 like this.
  21. Stotty

Stotty Premium

I think I may have set the gears at a much lower PPT level and simply lengthened the final to suit this track... might explain the final difference.

Dalone likes this.
  22. ODB

ODB

It's a nice track lots of action that's for sure :D sometimes it's bit hard to grind when track/car combination gets too boring and repeatative after couple of hours, but on this track my biggest problem is that I manage to breathe only twice for TWO MINUTES :lol: Heheheh :lol: I feel like diver starting that downhill section *takes a deep breathe :scared:* hehehe... Maybe I just need to learn to relax a bit more while driving :lol: Hehehe, that nurb24h TT was epic, woke up couple of times from behind my wheel for passing out from lack of oxygen :lol: I should start either free diving practise or yoga breathing :lol:

Damon Hill, Mr P, Evo19uk and 2 others like this.
  23. Growling

Growling

OMG please tell me you're serious!? :lol::lol::lol::bowdown:

SW__10 and Stotty like this.
  24. ODB

ODB

Hahahhhaha :lol: Naaah, but would be great to have such a discipline :lol: Hehehe... But yeah, remember to breath out there guys :lol:

SW__10 likes this.
  25. Growling

Growling

I'm the opposite.. Once I'm out of the down hill section and ploughing down Conrod straight towards a PB lap, that's when I stop breathing :lol:

26. Ronin_GTDave

Ronin_GTDave

No problem, I understand that some people have a life :)

It doesn't help in a driving or progressing manner, but it sure as hell makes me feel better lol.

It was and still is good advice, not just to me but to anyone else struggling.

It's not, however, I play video games when my kids are at school and nursery (different start and finishing times), it's (supposed to be) my way of relaxing and taking part in something that provides a sense of competition with like minded people, some of whom have become good friends over the years.

I'm not generally that competitive on track, I got lucky with the last seasonal in that it suited me and I was motivated to do well with it being a wet track and having a god complex (joking about the god complex.... possibly...), circuits like Bathurst and Nurburgring Nordshleif (excuse spelling), I don't generally get along with.

I'm guessing your probably a little more familiar with the circuit, any advice for all of us Godzilla noobs?

27. Evo19uk

Evo19uk

Im exactly the same... Start panicking and shaking hahahaha too much pressure lol seriously having a blast using the R8 though

Ronin_GTDave and Growling like this.
  28. rgkma

rgkma

@Stotty im down to a 2:01.576 with the tune, can get below that. But the shadows a top of the mountian keep flashing and throwing me off my braking and turn in points. Will do it for sure.

:gtpflag:

Ronin_GTDave and Stotty like this.
  29. Growling

Growling

Pulled it down to 1:54.186 but I think I'm pretty much at my limit. If I could tune I might be able to improve by tweaking. Missed out on 10th place by 3 hundredths. :tdown:

I'm just using the @praiano63 tune unchanged. :cheers:

You can SERIOUSLY jam it over the top of the hill if your lines good! Just got to be careful in the esses and the (stupid) dipper

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
    Jfrod, Stotty, ODB and 1 other person like this.
  30. KTZ

KTZ

Pulled it down to 1:55:912. Quite happy with that even though i always manage to lower my time by 0.1-2 sec but i end up losing the time i gained by failing my trajectories because of overspeeding

Growling likes this.