630PP GT3 Racing Car Super Lap: Mount Panorama MRC [OLD]

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 316 comments
From my experience in this TT. AS only really gives an advantage on the exit of T3, and on the exit of the dipper. It'll also help if you mess up your exit from griffin elbow.

Other than that there no difference I can tell, gt cars are pretty grippy!

Slapped on Praiano's new tune, brought me down to a 1:56.206 for 132nd, and I know I can get into the 1:55s with some more practice 👍

Last edited:
From my experience in this TT. AS only really gives an advantage on the exit of T3, and on the exit of the dipper. It'll also help if you mess up your exit from griffin elbow.

Other than that there no difference I can tell, gt cars are pretty grippy!
I gained nothing from AS... i felt like i was faster gettin less slip on the exits but i was dropping speed in other areas... Only run it with the audi... 1.54.978 no AS, 1.55.053 with AS :odd: will try the z4 later in week

I'm guessing your probably a little more familiar with the circuit, any advice for all of us Godzilla noobs?

Well yeah. I have actually raced at Mount Panorama twice and once on the very bike my avatar pic is of. BTW I have also done 4 laps in a Scirocco at the Nordschleife. I do get around a bit ;-) I actually put these two tracks on a par. There is really nothing else like them anywhere.

So my advice (for both) is to practice (a lot) and stay off the Armco barriers ;-) The other tip is gearing. People really do not understand how steep it is going up the mountain at Bathurst is and how important the two straights are. IMHO the most important corner is Forrest Elbow (the last sharp corner before Conrod) because this decides your speed down that looooong straight. The next is the cutting (the very sharp corner as you climb the mountain) because this decides your speed up the hill. Since you are in such a low gear and going so slow controlling wheel spin here is crucial (obviously no TCS).

By practicing you will get to learn where the bumps are that unsettle the car and which curbs you can an can't run over ;-)

What you should think of is that in a time trial most people think they are racing the clock, their friends/competitors etc BUT you are not. You are racing the track designer. He has put all these obstacles in your way to try and trick you into going as slow as you can. Your goal is to work out his tricks and beat him. Think about it and then go have a great lap :-)

Never really figured Bathurst out on the previous TT's.. the top of the 'Mountain' has always been a bit of a mystery!

Had a couple of hours on this one yesterday afternoon, mainly working on a tune. Got down to a 55.4, but had to leave it there to watch the footy. Came back to it this morning and down to 1'54.752 within 20 mins... I can see room for further improvement, but almost 2 seconds... :crazy::crazy::crazy: WTF???

Here's the tune I'm using - uses @jimipitbull as a base (springs, dampers, ABR, toe) 👍

BMW Z4 GT3 '11
Ride 70 65
Spring 19.0 18.0
Bound 4 4
Rebound 4 4
ARB 7 7
Toe -0.05 +0.05
Brakes 4 7
LSD 5 11 5

High RPM turbo
No oil change
Chassis strengthening
Power limiter @ 76.3%
Max downforce
No ballast

Not sure how I got the gears as they were already on the car from previous use, but the ratios are as follows if anyone can work out how to get them...

Final 2.130

I found it better for me on the exits with the longer 2nd on my set... bit less wheelspin.

The gears work out. Leave power stock, set top speed to 124mph, set each gear then final.
Thank you and jim for the tune. :)

Ignore everything iv said... (Most of you probably do anyway :rolleyes:), but iv spent the last two days with my throttle sat at like 94% :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Many wasted hours and meaningless laps and tweaking a car thats sunday driving!! cant believe iv not even noticed... I did wonder why i was suddenly struggling to match what i set originally and apart from the 4wd seasonals AS has always helped gain some time :( i shall fix the pedals 2moro and hopefully get a worthwhile run in!

1'55.767 currently 23rd

BMW Z4 GT3 '11

Suspension
60/70
19.00/18.00
4/4
4/4
7/7
0.0/0.0
-0.05/0.05

Brakes 6/5

Transmission
1st 4.690
2nd 3.686
3rd 2.942
4th 2.426
5th 2.016
6th 1.675
Final 2.244

Diff
8/16/24

Downforce
400/850

Ballast
34@-50

High turbo
Power limiter 78.0%
Body Rigidity
No oil changes

645hp, 1224kg

Thanks for the tune 3rd lap ran 1:57.1xx

Now down to a 56.0xx after 10 laps

Last edited:
Ignore everything iv said... (Most of you probably do anyway :rolleyes:), but iv spent the last two days with my throttle sat at like 94% :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Many wasted hours and meaningless laps and tweaking a car thats sunday driving!! cant believe iv not even noticed... I did wonder why i was suddenly struggling to match what i set originally and apart from the 4wd seasonals AS has always helped gain some time :( i shall fix the pedals 2moro and hopefully get a worthwhile run in!
Wow, that's a worry. How does one know whether their throttle is set at 100%? Not that I think mine is not performing at it's best ability.

@joeledward .. It's fine. But maybe you should take your words and repeat them HERE. I believe that is now to be the appropriate thread for such discussion/opinions. 👍

HERE is closed. ( . Bye bye so many. Ty nowControl please, please continue your great effort. If not for you and those before you, I would be lost. Very sad last year and this so far, so much loss personal and virtual.

Funny thing just happened, check the leaderboards and you will understand:banghead::lol:

I'm done, precious this. Fun TT Good luck all :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Damn @lisanorm, you must have some serious home race advantage. Great time :bowdown:

Just started with a Z4 with an praiano63 tune* and managed a sub 2 min lap after a few tries (with DS3, ABS1)

* Hopefully not his last tune, sadly there are some troubles in his tuning thread :banghead: 👎

EDIT:
It sadly did go wrong https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-testers-welcome.322659/page-16#post-10441890 👎👎👎

Need a whole lot more practice.....an maybe less beer :cheers:.

Hi, just a question to ask you. Is it possible to use a DS4 controller to play cos I use DS3 (R2) as throttle but when it's too long race it gets slippery because the design of the DS4 R2 is just opposite to the DS3. The R2 edge is sliding up while the DS3 R2 facing down makes finger slip. Thks .

Hi, just a question to ask you. Is it possible to use a DS4 controller to play cos I use DS3 (R2) as throttle but when it's too long race it gets slippery because the design of the DS4 R2 is just opposite to the DS3. The R2 edge is sliding up while the DS3 R2 facing down makes finger slip. Thks .

Yes the new PS4 controllers are backwards compatible (so a friend said) ;-) I have not personally tried one.

Yes the new PS4 controllers are backwards compatible (so a friend said) ;-) I have not personally tried one.

Hope it's compatible with GT6 game. I saw it on You Tube, it can be use for some games but not all games support it. Pls let me know Ok. Thks alot buddy.

Ahh man that sucks @Evo19uk !!

On the up side.. Great job getting the Audi round in under 1:55 without full throttle!! :lol:

Cheers mate... Been intermittent i think for last two days... Just couldnt understand why i was just ahead of stotty constantly, just losing a touch on the exit after conrod straight, then last couple of days im about 5 car lengths back before final corner? Even when i thought i was on a better lap...

Fixed it this mornin. The teeth on the plastic contact that the pedal turns was worn. Adjusted it a few turns and all good. See what happens tonight 👍

But we have a new hacker in the seasonal check out #4 guys, he redlapped a 52.5 lol and his car doesnt know what understeer is:mad:

The whole lap looks suspicious.

Hello everyone!

My time is 1.59.7xx and thank you all very much for your advice in this topic.

However, I have a problem with the transmission. My minimum speed limit is mainly 280 and it's hard for me to adjust the good gears ratio for that limit. Meanwhile, you are setting it to 200. How is it possible to drive the lap as well, since there are some long straights, where 200 is just not enough. Maybe there is something I do not know about that?

Thank you in advance for your reply!

Last edited:
But we have a new hacker in the seasonal check out #4 guys, he redlapped a 52.5 lol and his car doesnt know what understeer is:mad:

The whole lap looks suspicious.

Yep, it seems to be a BMW/Mt.Panorama monorail .. the absence of any kind of sliding and tyre screeching/smoke does make it look highly dubious. :odd:

No Sir I swear :cool:

Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_4.jpg

Wouldn't know. Don't have a PS4 yet, so probably as @TT_92 says.

However some nice options are available.
https://www.hama.com/00051844/hama-4-trigger-attachments-for-sony-ps3-controller

Back